Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need this so badly!

Comment

Awesome! Hope to see this picked up by the UE team, or a grant you, and anything else to make this successful and reward your work! This should have been core functionality of the engine.

Comment

[MENTION=126311]fpwong[/MENTION]
        Any news about this Plugin? It's now 3 months ago since you have been writen
        Greetings from Germany

Comment

Originally posted by MrMotte View Post
          [MENTION=126311]fpwong[/MENTION]
          Any news about this Plugin? It's now 3 months ago since you have been writen
          Greetings from Germany
          Hmm I updated the main page recently, maybe I should start a changelog with dates.

Anyhow not much new stuff to update you guys about. Just been bug fixing for the past 2 weeks until version 1.0 is done.
          I'll be posting a new video & gifs when it is done

Comment

Additions to Wishlist

#G.
            BP Debugger - Step Out / Step Over:
            Its far faster to insert a 'Print String' sometimes than use the Debugger and here's one key reason why:
            https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...tep-Over-tools

#H.
            Copying Variables between Blueprints:
            Copying Variables between Blueprints that have code overlap, but that don't ever inherit from each other.
            Variable declaration was part of the 'graph' in UDK / Kismet. But in UE4 variable setup is quite different!
            With new Blueprints you can clone old ones / delete the graph code. But that's no help for existing BP's!
            https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...een-Blueprints

#I.
            Still really hoping BP Comment-Bubble-Hell gets solved soon too. How did Epic leave this unToggleable???
            Last edited by franktech; 07-30-2017, 07:14 AM.

Comment

Been a while since I've made an update: progress has been slow the past few weeks (I've been quite busy catching up
              on University work). Hopefully I should have some time in the following weeks to work on this.

An update for the expected release: I think 1.0 will be pushed back about a month or longer, I really want to get
              everything working correctly before I release it (dang reroute nodes). So somewhere around November-December is the
              expected release date.

Also thanks to [MENTION=11397]franktech[/MENTION] for the wishlist and ideas, keep them coming if anyone else has more. I will be having a look at
              which of these are feasible in this plugin after 1.0 is done.

Lastly, apologies for the lack of updates, I have done quite a bit of QOL improvements and bugfixes but these are pretty
              boring changes, so I've just left them out

Comment

Originally posted by fpwong View Post
                Also thanks to [MENTION=11397]franktech[/MENTION] for the wishlist and ideas, keep them coming if anyone else has more. I will be having a look at
                which of these are feasible in this plugin after 1.0 is done.
                #11.
                BP has a crude Substitute option: Right-Click -> Replace Variable 'A' with 'B'...
                But where its badly needed, is changing Class parameter in 'SpawnActor' etc.
                If you duplicate a Class etc, its often lots of work re-linking everything again.
                Whereas if a Class is almost identical, why break all the links unnecessarily?
                For example, doing a paste from one class to another doesn't break as much.

#12.
                Dragging a Variable to the Graph and releasing it 'over a Pin' tends to fail...
                It happens when a Node's Pin is already connected to an existing variable.
                But a drag should override whatever a Node is already connected to, no???
                Especially when dragged variables 'already in the graph' override links fine!

#13.
                Double-Clicking on a 'Custom Event' definition etc attempts to rename the node.
                Whereas Kismet jumped right to the code / offered dialog of all invoked events!
                So Double-Clicking on a 'Custom Event' to get to Source plus Cycle Destinations.
                Or shortcuts to see where custom events get called especially outside the class!

#14.
                Dragging variables to re-order them is hit & miss (4:10 - 4.16)...
                The Editor goes into Variable-Rename-Mode instead of re-order.
                Components can't be re-ordered either and it'd be nice to have.

#15.
                'One of more Blueprints has an error dialog'.
                It'd be nice to change this to a 'Warning' instead of a 100% Blocking Dialog...
                Note, its not Silent-Failing as we already see on-screen warnings in Red etc!
                Its just annoying when the actual path of execution never even hits that BP!

#16.
                A Spell Checker for Comments would be a really helpful feature to have in BP.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                General:
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                #J. 
                Save-Layout bug: On reloading the Editor, Window-Tab order is often wrong!
                The Content-Browser tabs get mixed up with Project / Editor / Message-Log...

#K.
                'Renaming an Object' causes the Content-Browser Filtered window to Reset.
                It mysteriously and completely loses the current selection and filter options...

#L.
                What happened to the Console-Command window 'clear screen' CLS option?

#M.
                Other: Material Editor could use a Save-As option to keep Experimental edits.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                Solved:
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                #.
                Why do variables dragged to Graph not display underscores in their name?
                Maybe there's an option for this??? Otherwise it just feels like a glitch-bug.
                Same goes for Capitals! Doesn't mean a space should be inserted in Name!
                #.
                4.16 brought a nanny dialog which detects if FPS has momentarily lapsed.
                With an offer to lower scalability etc. Anyone know a way to disable this?
                Last edited by franktech; 07-30-2017, 07:20 PM. Reason: Added 'Solved' heading

Comment

Originally posted by franktech View Post
                  #11.
                  #12.
                  Why do variables dragged to Graph not display underscores in their name?
                  Maybe there's an option for this??? Otherwise it just feels like a glitch-bug.
                  Same goes for Capitals! Doesn't mean a space should be inserted in Name!
                  Did you try to turn off "Show Friendly Variable Names" option in editor prefs?
                  Could do what you need

#16.
                  'One of more Blueprints has an error dialog'. It'd be nice to hide the warning....
                  It can be really annoying when the actual execution never even hits this BP!!
                  And this is good behavior, it shouldn't be changed. That's all about compilation errors, why anybody would like to hide it?
                  You want to get errors when they appear. Not after few hours, days or weeks. Especially when you're refactoring systems.

4.16 brought a nanny dialog which detects if FPS has momentarily lapsed.
                  With an offer to lower scalability etc. Anyone know a way to disable this?
                  I guess you want to turn off "Monitor Editor Performance" in editor prefs.
                  BTW, is this really a feature of 4.16? I thought this annoying thingie exist since beginning of time
                  Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by kjustynski View Post
                    Did you try to turn off "Show Friendly Variable Names" option in editor prefs? Could do what you need
                    Thanks [MENTION=69]kjustynski[/MENTION]. Had a feeling the setting was in there, can scratch that one!

I guess you want to turn off "Monitor Editor Performance" in editor prefs.
                    BTW, is this really a feature of 4.16? I thought this annoying thingie exist since beginning of time
                    Cheers! The Scalability settings are normally carried over in the Project Settings.
                    But for some reason it got reset this time or it wasn't carried over, not sure why.

...this is good behavior, it shouldn't be changed. That's all about compilation errors, why anybody would like to hide it? You want to get errors when they appear. Not after few hours, days or weeks. Especially when you're refactoring systems.
                    No, of course silent failing wouldn't be good at all, but that's not what I'm saying here...

There's already an on-screen top-left Compiler-Warning in RED alongside lighting errors.
                    Why not keep this a 'Warning' instead of a 100% Blocking Dialog that blocks execution?
                    I'm asking for a better Editor check to prevent the warning from unnecessarily appearing.

Or make the error context-sensitive with a Tickbox to prevent future errors in that Class!
                    Tickbox should be per-session, so all preferences are dropped next time the editor is run.

Perhaps an example can help here. In most projects you often have code from 3rd parties.
                    Some of that is old, broken or out of date, but you need to copy sample code out anyway.
                    What you don't want is the compiler constantly nagging about errors, just from opening it...
                    This is especially true when that class never executes in the context of the current project.

Comment

Heeeeeey

some updates?

Comment

Would it be possible to release the first version of plugin without one feature waiting for pull request?
                        "Deleting a node in chain A-B-C will connect A-C [Misc, PullReq]"

I'm asking because already implemented features sound nice, would be great to have them. And nobody knows when Epic gonna accept PR...
                        Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by MrMotte View Post
                          Heeeeeey

some updates?
                          Hi MrMotte,
                          There really hasn't been anything to update on unfortunately I've been really busy with University work since this is my final year, so I haven't had much time to work on this.

Would it be possible to release the first version of plugin without one feature waiting for pull request?
                          "Deleting a node in chain A-B-C will connect A-C [Misc, PullReq]"

I'm asking because already implemented features sound nice, would be great to have them. And nobody knows when Epic gonna accept PR...
                          Hi kjustynski,
                          Version 1.0 will be released without the PR which includes node formatting and resizing comment boxes. A number of additional miscellaneous features will be in there as detailed in the overview.

---

To everyone: apologies for the lack of updates. I don't want to specify an exact date of release right now, but I know I will be resuming work on this around early December. So keep an eye out for updates around then!

Comment

Working...
                          X