No announcement yet.

Blueprint Assist Plugin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you make blueprints and auto connect the Nodes, what Factories are you using from the Engine to do this? I`m in the middle of making a Parsing Engine to take Txt to Blueprints, XD would love to hear how you went about it.

Comment

Want this! Echoing a previous comment, I stack my pure nodes under and/or above a node vertically which seems very neat - and seems like this does the same. I'll buy it right away - just so everything is consistent!

Nice job.

Comment

I've often wished that laying out blueprints was more automatic, so this could be a really exciting plugin. I'd need to try it out to see if I like it though. It might be frustrating if it did some things in a way that feels "wrong" to me.

I think I see things differently than Macw0lf... I don't like the pure nodes stacked beneath the nodes in the execution chain. For me, I think if the pure nodes flow from left to right into the nodes in the execution chain, then I'm able to more quickly comprehend which pure nodes go into which pins. But perhaps that would be harder to program, and other people might have other preferences. Are you pretty set on having the variables and pure functions stack like that?

Comment

Originally posted by overreal View Post
          I want this now! When?!
          Hopefully releasing *something* in about 2-3 months. The first version may have limited features as I'm
          waiting on an engine pull request, some things will still work like the auto formatting and comment boxes,
          but most of the other features will not.

Originally posted by Bioblaze View Post
          How do you make blueprints and auto connect the Nodes, what Factories are you using from the Engine to do this? I`m in the middle of making a Parsing Engine to take Txt to Blueprints, XD would love to hear how you went about it.
          The factories are not related with the auto connect. All the logic is inside a class which extends BlueprintEditor.

To tell the engine to use this editor, you need to:
          Register an FAssetTypeActions_Base to the IAssetTools module ("AssetTools").
          In your FAssetTypeActions: override the OpenAssetEditor function and return your BlueprintEditor.

If you get stuck have a look at the AssetTypeActions_Blueprint class, its exactly the same as that but you use your BlueprintEditor.
          Blueprint Assist Plugin: Mouse free blueprint creation and quality of life features
          Auto Size Comments Plugin (FREE): Auto resizing comment boxes

Comment

Please let this person get a dev Grant.

This should be INTEGRAL to ue4 because of how much blueprints will influence the future of video game development.

Comment

Originally posted by PotatoFaceGames View Post
              Please let this person get a dev Grant.

This should be INTEGRAL to ue4 because of how much blueprints will influence the future of video game development.
              Totally agree! Definately an awesome procudctivity / usability improvement for Blueprints! Comparing it to engineering tools like Matlab Simulink the auto-wiring is totally needed for working on larger projects. Also multi-wire moving maybe. Standardized Auto-layouting rules also. Great features, I am looking forward to try out. Keep it up! :-)

Give this guy a dev grant and make this integral to UE4 for all!

Comment

This could easily be the number one plugin to have!

Comment

This...looks...AMAZING!! Well done!

Comment

Wishlist

:
                    Originally posted by fpwong View Post
                    Hello! I've submitted a grant for the Blueprint Assist plugin, aiming to make it a core feature of the engine.
                    #1.
                    Auto-Layout doesn't work well if nodes are aligned vertically.

#2.
                    It would be great to have some BP Show / Hide View options.
                    Temporarily toggle Show / Hide Conversion nodes, Casts etc.

#3.
                    Allow for Node Coloring schemes beyond Collapsed nodes etc.
                    i.e. Make Built-in Nodes look different to 'Custom-Event' calls.

#4.
                    Help fix Zoom-Out Bubble Hell as illustrated beautifully here.

#5.
                    Offer range of Custom Wire Styles in BP & Material editor etc.

#6.
                    Make Find Results limit searches to variables / custom events.
                    So offer some Search tick-boxes etc, to limit the range of hits....
                    Could use filters like in the Content Browser for large projects.

Edit:
                    Improve BP Find Results to offer more Find options: Filter by 'Comments' etc. 
                    Make BP Find Results filter by Keyboard Inputs i.e. 'P' key pressed event filter....
                    It'd also help if Project-Settings-Input had a Magnifier button to jump to code...

#7.
                    Stop pasted BP Comments defaulting to Move-Mode -> Group...
                    BP editor should detect when pasted BP overlaps existing code.

#8.
                    Editor Option to let users hide unused pins on a per node basis.
                    Option to let users drag then reorder Pins on Nodes like Kismet...

#9.
                    Editor option to Right-Click deactivate node branches like Kismet.

#10.
                    Option to shrink common nodes: Delay / Sequence / Branch etc.

#A.
                    BP Editor: When you copy a BP node keep its links or wires as Kismet did...
                    Its easy to dump links by right-clicking 'Break', but harder to rewire nodes..

#B.
                    BP Editor: Set Variable to Texture etc, doesn't resize as Print String does.
                    Not even enough to show its name and path. Useless for screenshots etc...

#C
                    BP Editor: Select multiple Set Var-A nodes -> Replace Var-A with Var-B...
                    But it only actually replaces one out of the selected group which is bad!

#D.
                    Prevent Favorite BP's being hidden when 'Context Sensitive' is unticked...

#E.
                    Node gets dragged instead of Wire. Make Nodes drag-able in only 1 area.
                    Always run up against variants of this too where Wire link is unsuccessful:

#F.
                    Make Search results Viewable across all tabs, and not just the original Tab...
                    Last edited by ClavosTech; 07-30-2017, 06:47 PM. Reason: Edit to - #6 - BP Find / Filter Options

Comment

Any Date launch predictions?

Comment

awesome , when you will release this ?

Comment

"Smart-wiring (hotkey for selected node, option for newly created node) [3]"
                          Yes, yes I'd buy this plugin. Do it. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by brunogbrito View Post
                            Any Date launch predictions?
                            Originally posted by vrMan View Post
                            awesome , when you will release this ?
                            Rough estimate for the release of version 1.0 is 2-4 months (including time waiting for marketplace review)
                            Blueprint Assist Plugin: Mouse free blueprint creation and quality of life features
                            Auto Size Comments Plugin (FREE): Auto resizing comment boxes

Comment

nice work. looking forward to the release.
                              Last edited by bfoster68; 07-04-2017, 11:22 AM.

Comment

Such a nice plug-in!
                                How about this idea to add?: https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...ertically.html

Comment

Working...
                                X