No announcement yet.

Blueprint Assist Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fpwong I also found this behaviour where a 6 pin sequence was connected to another 5 pin sequence haha

It took me a long time to even scroll to the farthest node.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by TobyTheKiwi View Post
      fpwong I also found this behaviour where a 6 pin sequence was connected to another 5 pin sequence haha

It took me a long time to even scroll to the farthest node.
      Hi Toby, I believe this bug should be related to "Expand Nodes by height" or "Expand Parameters by Height" setting. Let me know if disabling these settings fixes the issue.

Could you also check if this occurs when you just have the two nodes connected to each other? I was unable to recreate this bug with a 6 pin sequence and a 5 pin input node.
      Blueprint Assist Plugin: Mouse free blueprint creation and quality of life features
      Auto Size Comments Plugin (FREE): Auto resizing comment boxes

Comment

Originally posted by Antidamage View Post
        There is sometimes a crash under the following circumstances:

1. Get struct
        2. Create break struct node and connect one pin to something
        3. Click on break struct node and click "Hide unconnected pins"
        4. Format graph

Under 4.24 it would just re-show the unconnected pins, but under 4.25 it sometimes crashes. I wasn't able to replicate it every time, but I've had it happen a few times. I'll try to remember to get a crash dump if it happens again.
        Sorry for the late reply, could you post which types of pins you have in your struct (and if you remember which pin was linked)?
        Blueprint Assist Plugin: Mouse free blueprint creation and quality of life features

Comment

Update 27 July 2020 (v2.3.2):
          • Feature: Open a hotkey list for the plugin by pressing CTRL + SHIFT + F1
          • Bug Fix: Bad cases with the formatting algorithm, related to knot tracks
          • Bug Fix: Crash when trying to link a pin to a wildcard pin with certain commands
          Update 28 July 2020 (v2.3.3):
          • Feature: Added format all styles - Simple (single column) | Smart (estimates columns based on node position) | Node Type (creates columns based on node type)
          • Bug Fix: Issue where undo transaction would not complete after refreshing node sizes
          Last edited by fpwong; 07-28-2020, 12:23 AM.

Comment

Update 3 August 2020 (v2.3.4):
            • Bug Fix: Issue where simple format-all would reorder root nodes
            • Bug Fix: Issue with smart format-all and node-trees with multiple root (event) nodes
            Last edited by fpwong; 08-03-2020, 10:55 PM.

Comment

Today crashed, ue 4.25.1:

Report:
              Code:
              LoginId:1e4d84ca4a7d5cbbf9d764a76245d053
              EpicAccountId:9f958e01191143398a8ab3e4e5db5b49

Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0xffffffff

UE4Editor_CoreUObject
              UE4Editor_BlueprintAssist!FBAGraphHandler::GetSelectedNodes() [D:\Build\++Portal+Promotion\Sync\LocalBuilds\PluginTemp\HostProject\Plugins\BlueprintAssist\Source\BlueprintAssist\Private\BlueprintAssistGraphHandler.cpp:1017]
              UE4Editor_BlueprintAssist!FBAGraphHandler::GetSelectedNode() [D:\Build\++Portal+Promotion\Sync\LocalBuilds\PluginTemp\HostProject\Plugins\BlueprintAssist\Source\BlueprintAssist\Private\BlueprintAssistGraphHandler.cpp:1004]
              UE4Editor_BlueprintAssist!FBAGraphHandler::Tick() [D:\Build\++Portal+Promotion\Sync\LocalBuilds\PluginTemp\HostProject\Plugins\BlueprintAssist\Source\BlueprintAssist\Private\BlueprintAssistGraphHandler.cpp:437]
              UE4Editor_BlueprintAssist!FBATabHandler::Tick() [D:\Build\++Portal+Promotion\Sync\LocalBuilds\PluginTemp\HostProject\Plugins\BlueprintAssist\Source\BlueprintAssist\Private\BlueprintAssistTabHandler.cpp:48]
              UE4Editor_BlueprintAssist!FBAInputProcessor::Tick() [D:\Build\++Portal+Promotion\Sync\LocalBuilds\PluginTemp\HostProject\Plugins\BlueprintAssist\Source\BlueprintAssist\Private\BlueprintAssistInputProcessor.cpp:331]
              UE4Editor_Slate
              UE4Editor
              UE4Editor
              UE4Editor
              UE4Editor
              UE4Editor
              kernel32
              ntdll
              Plugin list:
              Code:
              AutoSizeComments 2.1.3
              BlueprintAssist 2.3.4
              BlueprintNote 1.0
              Electronic Nodes 2.5

Comment

arkdzo Hi arkdzo, I think I may have fixed the function which was causing this crash. Will submit the update later today. If my assumption is correct, this crash should always occur when you select a 'BlueprintNote' node? Let me know if this is not the case.

Comment

Btw Ctrl-K is a really bad default shortcut to use for the GoToSettings feature. Ctrl-K is the default shortcut for "Find In Level Blueprint" while having an actor selected in the viewport, which will open the Level Blueprint and focus the first-found reference to that actor. This no longer works since this feature was added in BPA. Even if a Blueprint editor is not focused, the GoToSettings menu will open instead.

Comment

Kilrogg_ Thanks for letting me know, I'll change this hotkey in the next update.

Comment

Update 20 August 2020 (v2.3.5): forgot to post the changelog for this :/
                      • Bug Fix: Issue where the plugin would detect niagara nodes for regular nodes
                      • Bug Fix: Issue when ctrl-z after auto-formatting runs when you create a new node
                      Update 18 September 2020 (v2.3.6):
                      • Change: Set the hotkey for GoToSettings from CTRL + K to CTRL + SHIFT + K
                      • Change: Removed usage of bUseCommentBubbleWidth
                      • Change: Set ExpandParametersByHeight to false by default
                      • Change: Moved a number of settings to AdvancedDisplay (hidden by default: requires you to press the arrow to expand settings)
                      • Bug Fix: Workaround for issue in material graph where a pin could get stuck on the hover state

Comment

fpwong Is there anything I can do about this? I'm not sure if this is a setting issue or a bug.
                        Attached Files

Comment

TobyTheKiwi I suspect it is related to the "Parameter Veritcal Pin Spacing" setting. I tried setting it to 0 which I believe you have also done looking at the screenshot but this did not recreate the issue. Could you post your BA settings here by exporting them?

Comment

fpwong Thanks for looking into this, sorry for the delayed reply. I had to change from .ini to .txt to upload the file but here are my settings.
                            Attached Files

Comment

TobyTheKiwi Using your settings also did not replicate the issue. It is possible that some nodes later down the chain could be causing this, a screenshot of the entire event would be useful. I noticed you have "bExpandParametersByHeight=True" which is now set to false by default in the latest update. It is unlikely that this is causing the issue but I would suggest you turn this off as there is a certain edge case which produces bad results that I have yet to fix.

Comment

fpwong Unfortunately I have changed that blueprint so that it no longer formats that way. If I see other examples of it I'll post it.

I have set the other setting to false as you suggested.

Comment

Working...
                                X