Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blueprint Assist Plugin

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Kenyon1977 Ah yes, the plugin should work on these types of graphs by default. As long as the graph is the same as the blueprint graph. So similar to the anim bp, transition graphs and the event graphs work but the state machine part does not.
    Blueprint Assist Plugin: Mouse free blueprint creation and quality of life features
    Auto Size Comments Plugin (FREE): Auto resizing comment boxes

    Comment


      Originally posted by fpwong View Post
      Kenyon1977 Ah yes, the plugin should work on these types of graphs by default. As long as the graph is the same as the blueprint graph. So similar to the anim bp, transition graphs and the event graphs work but the state machine part does not.
      I tried, but F and shift F won't work when ctrl R make events stack on to each other in the state graph, maybe I need to add something in the blue assist options?

      Comment


        Kenyon1977 I think that the OnStateBegin / OnStateUpdate nodes are custom nodes so the plugin does not detect these as valid nodes. I will add a fix for this in the next update.
        Last edited by fpwong; 04-16-2020, 12:34 PM.
        Blueprint Assist Plugin: Mouse free blueprint creation and quality of life features
        Auto Size Comments Plugin (FREE): Auto resizing comment boxes

        Comment


          Kenyon1977 Nevermind, the issue was with the state graph. You can enable this graph by going to the settings and adding SMStateGraph to the Use Blueprint Formatting for These Graphs list.
          Blueprint Assist Plugin: Mouse free blueprint creation and quality of life features
          Auto Size Comments Plugin (FREE): Auto resizing comment boxes

          Comment


            Hey,

            Checking in with another bug report. Attempting to format older blueprint nodes (4.19) exhibits very strange behaviours. Nodes start moving 999999 units down and to the right (too far to scroll)

            Re-making these blueprint nodes fixed the issue.

            Not sure how much meta data is stored in a BP node and what could cause that behaviour

            Comment


              Originally posted by Subressor View Post
              Hey,

              Checking in with another bug report. Attempting to format older blueprint nodes (4.19) exhibits very strange behaviours. Nodes start moving 999999 units down and to the right (too far to scroll)

              Re-making these blueprint nodes fixed the issue.

              Not sure how much meta data is stored in a BP node and what could cause that behaviour
              Subressor That is very strange, is this a fresh project in 4.19 which you opened or one that you had previously used the plugin on before? If you have used the plugin on it before, this could potentially be fixed by deleting the size cache file which you can find in Editor Preferences | Blueprint Assist and it should be the first button at the top.

              I also have not tested the plugin on 4.19 since release so this could simply be a bug between versions.
              Blueprint Assist Plugin: Mouse free blueprint creation and quality of life features
              Auto Size Comments Plugin (FREE): Auto resizing comment boxes

              Comment


                Update 22 April 2020 (v2.2.2):
                • Renamed setting bDisableCachingNodeSizeNotification to bEnableCachingNodeSizeNotification
                • Added setting RequiredNumPendingSizeForNotification (notification will now only show if there are >50 pending nodes)
                • Added simple formatting and plugin support for niagara function graphs
                • Added setting Shift camera distance
                • Added setting Vertical pin spacing (minimum vertical spacing from the last linked pin on the node). If you preferred the previous spacing, set this value to 26.
                • Fixed issue where undo was not working after formatting nodes
                • Fixed issue where comment insert style in the toolbar was binding to the wrong setting
                • Fixed issue where knot nodes were having their size saved to the cache
                • Fixed crash related to wild card reroute nodes
                Blueprint Assist Plugin: Mouse free blueprint creation and quality of life features
                Auto Size Comments Plugin (FREE): Auto resizing comment boxes

                Comment


                  Update 25 April 2020 (v2.2.3):
                  • Added feature GoToSettings: Ctrl + M to open up a menu to bring up project or editor settings
                    • Update: I will be changing this hotkey to Ctrl + K in the next update, since Ctrl + M is already used
                  • Added feature Toggle nodes: Ctrl + / to enable or disable selected nodes. Suggested you also enable "Allow Explicit Impure Node Disabling" in Editor preferences if you want to use this
                  • Fixed issue where building the plugin would fail due to ambigious boolean expressions
                  • Fixed crash when formatting a node linked to empty reroute nodes
                  Last edited by fpwong; 04-24-2020, 08:39 PM.
                  Blueprint Assist Plugin: Mouse free blueprint creation and quality of life features
                  Auto Size Comments Plugin (FREE): Auto resizing comment boxes

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by fpwong View Post
                    Update 25 April 2020 (v2.2.3):
                    • Added feature GoToSettings: Ctrl + M to open up a menu to bring up project or editor settings
                      • Update: I will be changing this hotkey to Ctrl + K in the next update, since Ctrl + M is already used
                    • Added feature Toggle nodes: Ctrl + / to enable or disable selected nodes. Suggested you also enable "Allow Explicit Impure Node Disabling" in Editor preferences if you want to use this
                    • Fixed issue where building the plugin would fail due to ambigious boolean expressions
                    • Fixed crash when formatting a node linked to empty reroute nodes
                    Hi FP

                    I love this plugin, only slight problem I have is with nodes that have been 'pin expanded':

                    Click image for larger version

Name:	example.JPG
Views:	110
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	1750711

                    Refresh node sizes had no effect.

                    Thank you!

                    Comment


                      ClockworkOcean This case seems to work for me, when you run refresh node size make sure you are selecting the rotation node. As a habit I usually select most of the nodes in the function in case some other node also has the wrong size. Let me know if this fixed your issue.

                      Click image for larger version  Name:	UE4Editor_wawffZiZIq.png Views:	0 Size:	80.1 KB ID:	1750723
                      Last edited by fpwong; 04-25-2020, 10:17 AM.
                      Blueprint Assist Plugin: Mouse free blueprint creation and quality of life features
                      Auto Size Comments Plugin (FREE): Auto resizing comment boxes

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by fpwong View Post
                        ClockworkOcean This case seems to work for me, when you run refresh node size make sure you are selecting the rotation node. As a habit I usually select most of the nodes in the function in case some other node also has the wrong size. Let me know if this fixed your issue.

                        Click image for larger version Name:	UE4Editor_wawffZiZIq.png Views:	0 Size:	80.1 KB ID:	1750723
                        Ah.... didn't realise I had to select the node. I assumed CTRL-SHIFT-R with nothing selected would resize-all... - thank you

                        Comment


                          I've been using this for several months now and I think it has ruined me because I basically can't use Unreal without it now. It handles pretty much everything I throw at it near perfectly, however one thing that has bothered me from the start is how it handles Sequences/Switches.

                          For example on the left is how I would normally arrange a large sequence or switch. On the right is what the autoformatting does it. It's rare that I have large switches like this, but this is still problematic for sequences/switches that have more than 2 pins. At 2 pins it does a good job, but at 3+ pins the wires start crossing pretty badly.

                          It is possible to have a setting that would center the nodes with the sequence/switch node instead of using the first pin as the "top of the stack"? Or is that too difficult?
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	20200426_170758.png
Views:	102
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	1751276

                          Comment


                            Jerome Parent I've spent many attempts trying to make this work...and I finally got it working a few days ago! Coming in the next update

                            Click image for larger version

Name:	Centering.JPG
Views:	100
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	1751383
                            Blueprint Assist Plugin: Mouse free blueprint creation and quality of life features
                            Auto Size Comments Plugin (FREE): Auto resizing comment boxes

                            Comment


                              Awesome thanks

                              Comment


                                Update 6 May 2020 (v2.3.0):
                                • Added feature AddVariableMenu: CTRL + i to open up a menu where you can add a variable using default values (e.g. Category / Private)
                                • Added hotkey to Split (ALT + Q) and Recombine (ALT + CTRL + Q) the hovered or selected pin
                                • Added setting Center Branches:Formatting will center branches if a node has (default: 3) branches.
                                  • Related setting NumRequiredBranches: set this to 2 if you would prefer to always center nodes
                                • Added "Add component" option to the AddSymbolMenu (CTRL + SHIFT + A)
                                • Added checkbox to the toolbar to set the current graph to read-only (this action cannot be undone without the plugin installed)
                                • Added button to the toolbar to open the Blueprint Assist Settings
                                • Added setting Parameter vertical pin spacing: Minimum distance between the last linked pin. Increased the Node Vertical pin spacing (applies to exec wires)
                                • Number of improvements to the formatting algorithm (hopefully fixes some bad cases where wires would not be aligned)
                                P.S. Currently downloading 4.25 will submit the update for it tomorrow
                                Blueprint Assist Plugin: Mouse free blueprint creation and quality of life features
                                Auto Size Comments Plugin (FREE): Auto resizing comment boxes

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X