Blueprint Assist Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi fpwong,
    A coworker of mine and I were experimenting with the blueprint assist to see if we would all get it today and came across a couple of issues we'd like to see fixed.

First, there is a bug around formatting structs where they have split a pin. Shown in the two attached images.

Second, there was an exception when using the event format.

Code:
    Assertion failed: OwningNode [File:D:\RocketSync\4.24.0-10570792+++UE4+Release-4.24\Working\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Classes\EdGraph/EdGraphPin.h] [Line: 474] UE4Editor.exe has triggered a breakpoint. 'UE4Editor.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\rasadhlp.dll'. 'UE4Editor.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\FWPUCLNT.DLL'. The thread 0x56ac has exited with code 0 (0x0).

The call stack is attached.

Thanks,
    Toby
    Attached Files

Comment

I've just done a clean install of the plugin to 4.24 and I'm getting this error when I try to build my project that uses it:

Code:
            [1/31] BehaviorTreeGraphFormatter.cpp
          j:\projects\poppyandbuddy 4.24\plugins\blueprintassist\source\blueprintassist\graphformatters\BehaviorTreeGraphFormatter.h(16): error C2079: 'FBehaviorTreeGraphFormatter::FormatterSettings' uses undefined struct 'FBAFormatterSettings'
          J:\Projects\PoppyAndBuddy 4.24\Plugins\BlueprintAssist\Source\BlueprintAssist\GraphFormatters\BehaviorTreeGraphFormatter.cpp(12): error C2440: '=': cannot convert from 'FBAFormatterSettings' to 'int'
            J:\Projects\PoppyAndBuddy 4.24\Plugins\BlueprintAssist\Source\BlueprintAssist\GraphFormatters\BehaviorTreeGraphFormatter.cpp(12): note: No user-defined-conversion operator available that can perform this conversion, or the operator cannot be called

Comment

Originally posted by Antidamage View Post
        I've just done a clean install of the plugin to 4.24 and I'm getting this error when I try to build my project that uses it:

Code:
         [1/31] BehaviorTreeGraphFormatter.cpp
        j:\projects\poppyandbuddy 4.24\plugins\blueprintassist\source\blueprintassist\graphformatters\BehaviorTreeGraphFormatter.h(16): error C2079: 'FBehaviorTreeGraphFormatter::FormatterSettings' uses undefined struct 'FBAFormatterSettings'
        J:\Projects\PoppyAndBuddy 4.24\Plugins\BlueprintAssist\Source\BlueprintAssist\GraphFormatters\BehaviorTreeGraphFormatter.cpp(12): error C2440: '=': cannot convert from 'FBAFormatterSettings' to 'int'
        J:\Projects\PoppyAndBuddy 4.24\Plugins\BlueprintAssist\Source\BlueprintAssist\GraphFormatters\BehaviorTreeGraphFormatter.cpp(12): note: No user-defined-conversion operator available that can perform this conversion, or the operator cannot be called
        Issue will be fixed in the next update.
        Blueprint Assist Plugin: Mouse free blueprint creation and quality of life features
        Auto Size Comments Plugin (FREE): Auto resizing comment boxes

Comment

fpwong And any word on my post above?

Comment

TobyTheKiwi Sorry Toby, I completely missed your earlier post!

Issue formatting structs where they have split a pin
            Another user had reported an issue with structs but I was unable to recreate the crash, I'll have another look into this one.

EDIT: Is the issue related to structs perhaps a formatting issue? If so, this may be fixed by selecting the 'break struct' node and running the refresh node size command (ctrl+shift+r). This is required when any node changes size after creation.

Second, there was an exception when using the event format
            Could you clarify what is the 'event format'? Is this a create event node?
            Last edited by fpwong; 03-04-2020, 01:54 AM.
            Blueprint Assist Plugin: Mouse free blueprint creation and quality of life features

Comment

Hi fpwong thanks for looking into these.

Issue 1:
              This isn't a crash, it just organises them incorrectly by overlapping nodes. We did think that using the "break struct" node instead of splitting would be an alternative but we also would like to be able to use split pins without it messing up. It's not ideal to have to use a particular node structure because a plugin can't arrange the one we wanted to use. Any chance this will be fixed or it's not a priority?

Issue 2:
              I meant the "Format all events" command. We had an event graph with not too many nodes and using that command caused an exception.

Thanks!

Comment

Also is there any functionality for after formatting keeping comments around the correct nodes they were around before a format?

Comment

Issue 1
                  Ah! I assumed that when you meant split the pins, it was related to the struct (seems like the split pins is the Decrease Vitals node?). Anyway the same fix still applies: whichever node you split the pins on, the node size will change and then you need to run the refresh node size command. Try running this command while selecting the "Decrease Vitals" node. Sometimes when I'm unsure of what is wrong, it can be helpful to select all the nodes and run this command. Nodes often change size simply by linking pins.

Issue 2
                  I had a look through the crash log but nothing was obvious there. This case will be very hard to debug without having some example of the graph which causes the crash. The crash should occur when formatting normally as well (since the format-all command simply runs format on every event node). If you do find the specific case that causes the crash, you can try disabling the setting "Add Knot Nodes to Comments" which seems to be the problem based off the crash log.

keeping comments around the correct nodes they were around before a format
                  Yes, download the autosizecomments plugin: https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...-size-comments

You can also try enabling the new "Account For Comments When Formatting" setting which will calculate the bounds of nodes using their parent comment boxes. This can have issues if your comment boxes are overlapping though.

Comment

Thank you so much for the replies!

Comment

fpwong I have a few more questions, I hope that's OK

Is there a way to set the minimum distance between nodes?
                      I'm finding some graphs are becoming very long in the left to right direction.

Have you ever tried a sort of descending diagonal pattern for blueprints and how did it go?

Not asking about whether it's currently a feature but whether it's possible to do with plugins. Would it be possible to move the exec output pin to the bottom right of a node with a plugin?

Thanks,
                      Toby

Comment

TobyTheKiwi

1. Look for the Blueprint Formatting section and edit the padding x-value. You also can try changing the Parameter Style to helixing.

2. Do you mean when you create a branch it would always decend? Kind of hard to imagine what this would look like. But I don't think I will be adding significantly different formatting styles as these are very hard to maintain and ensure that the formatting is correct (unless the algorithm is very simple of course).

3. I think this may be possible by using a custom graph node. But you'd have to define a custom class for each type of node which exists.

Comment

Thanks fpwong !

I found all the settings and have been playing around with them and I'm quite pleased with the results.

Yea I was thinking of a sort of zig zag down and right, but I understand it would be quite hard to get a simple algorithm or verify formatting is working correctly for it.

OK that's good to know, do-able but very difficult. I think that would be interesting.

I have just a little bug.
                          As part of a large graph there is this small group of nodes. I have attached a before and after picture. Due to the way it's trying to lay it out it's pushing them close together and making this weird loop thing. I tried the resize node function but it didn't fix it.

Thanks!

Attached Files

Comment

TobyTheKiwi Hard for me to replicate this issue without seeing the rest of the connected nodes as the pushing of nodes usually occurs from other nodes earlier in the chain. I would guess it is the "Account For Comments When Formatting" setting that I suggested you turn on, but there are a number of potential edge cases which could cause this issue.

Comment

fpwong Have you stumbled upon this behavior before? If so, any recommendations on how to fix it? Thanks!

ps: I've tried recaching, and it's part of an event graph
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by gpsyk View Post
                                fpwong Have you stumbled upon this behavior before? If so, any recommendations on how to fix it? Thanks!

ps: I've tried recaching, and it's part of an event graph
                                Hi gpsyk, I have not had this issue on my side yet but TobyTheKiwi reported the same bug recently. Could you post a screenshot / copy paste of all the connected nodes so I can try and recreate the bug on my side?

Comment

Working...
                                X