Blueprint Assist Plugin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[RELEASED] Blueprint Assist Plugin

Would you say your most pressed hotkey is align left and straighten connections?
    Is your OCD turning your "this will only take 5 minutes" task into an hour long blueprint artwork?

Well the blueprint assist plugin might just be for you!
    LINKS: Marketplace | Wiki

This plugin provides automatic formatting and mouse-free node editing when working with blueprints.

As someone who has been using blueprints for the past 2-3 years, I started creating this plugin with two goals in mind:
    1. Save developers hundreds of hours otherwise spent aligning, positioning and straightening blueprint nodes
    2. Quality of life keyboard shortcuts which avoid tedious mouse usage (constant disconnecting and reconnecting)
    And so the plugin includes these 3 major features:
    1. Automatic node formatting: A command to format nodes into nice readable, aligned form. Including a format all symbols command.
    2. Mouse-free blueprint controls: Keyboard shortcuts for node navigation, creation and linking
    3. Quality of life functionality: Useful commands such as Link Nodes Between Wires, Replace node with, Disconnect execution, and more

For more animated examples, check out this page of the wiki

Example of mouse-less blueprint creation
    Example of the formatting featureClick image for larger version  Name:	20190430_191742.gif Views:	1 Size:	323.7 KB ID:	1613771

AutoSizeComments plugin
    The Blueprint Assist plugin has very simple support for comment boxes. I strongly suggest you download my other free plugin, AutoSizeComments.
    It forces your comment boxes to snap to contained nodes and adds support for color presets.
    Yes
    86.14%
    No
    15.47%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by fpwong; 06-26-2019, 07:16 AM.
    Blueprint Assist Plugin: Mouse free blueprint creation and quality of life features
    Auto Size Comments Plugin (FREE): Auto resizing comment boxes

OMG! This is very cool.
    UE4 Development [TARTARUS | Object Inspection System | Pattern Lock]
    Let's Connect [Twitter]

Comment

WOW, i like it and i want it!
      https://www.artstation.com/artist/dantestorm

Comment

This plugin deserves to be showcased in E3 Pure awesomeness!
        HeadsAndBrains
        MARKETPLACE | YouTube

Comment

I really like the Antispaghetti feature
          Assets: Military Ammunition (Released)
          Plugins: BlueManBPFunctionLibrary C++ plugin (Free), Blue Man Vehicle AI Plugin (Released), Air Resistance C++ Plugin (WIP), Blue Man Vehicle Physics Plugin (Marketplace)
          Projects: Giants Of Destruction

Comment

this is so cool! i need this in my life!
            i have few suggestions for you to consider

wire drag to copy - what i mean is detailed here:
            https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-to-the-source

shortcut for toggling context sensitive check in the context menu

Comment

[MENTION=126311]fpwong[/MENTION] For how much are you going to sell it?
              Assets: Military Ammunition (Released)
              Plugins: BlueManBPFunctionLibrary C++ plugin (Free), Blue Man Vehicle AI Plugin (Released), Air Resistance C++ Plugin (WIP), Blue Man Vehicle Physics Plugin (Marketplace)
              Projects: Giants Of Destruction

Comment

Originally posted by Harcarik View Post
                wire drag to copy - what i mean is detailed here:
                shortcut for toggling context sensitive check in the context menu
                Wire to drag sounds useful! From what I've seen it's not possible to access the dragging functions from a plugin, will have another look though.
                But I will have a hotkey which connects selected nodes, achieving a similar affect.

The context menu buttons I have no idea if I can access that, will look into it.

Originally posted by Blue man View Post
                [MENTION=126311]fpwong[/MENTION] For how much are you going to sell it?
                Currently thinking either $15 or $20. Also might look into getting a dev grant and putting it into the engine. This way I could also add other features which aren't possible in a plugin
                Last edited by fpwong; 06-19-2017, 12:25 AM.
                Blueprint Assist Plugin: Mouse free blueprint creation and quality of life features
                Auto Size Comments Plugin (FREE): Auto resizing comment boxes

Comment

As soon as I saw this, I thought it would make sense to try to get it into the engine. Glad to see your dev grant app for that. Hope they take notice. /luck.

Comment

Oh man you are gonna be a millionaire.

Comment

I want this now! When?!

Comment

You're the anti-spaghetti lord. May dev grant funds rain upon you.

Comment

Wow this looks incredible!!! Can't wait for this to be available

Comment

00:06 into the video, you can already count me in.

And even more since it's already the same ordering way I use (pure nodes below functions).
                            [Released] Multiplayer Combat Editor
                            A-RPG Sacred Swords
                            Youtube Tutorials

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X