• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Looking forward to this!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    [MENTION=260]HeadClot[/MENTION], yes, I can setup a page on itch. Will post here when it's done.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey [MENTION=702]Nate[/MENTION] - Got a question - Would it be possible to preorder/order this tool via gumroad or other site?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Nate View Post
    [MENTION=766]Sitrec[/MENTION], I think Prefab might not be the "right" solution/workaround for the blutility issue you encountered.

I posted my test blutility setup regrading spawning HISMC instances via blutility on your another post (
    https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...745#post709745 ), hope that helps.
    That completely solved the issue for me, thank you!
    Prefabs seems like they would be perfect for better handling blueprint functionality in the houses I'm building, my solution is very wonky so I look forward to replacing them with your Prefabs instead as soon as it's released.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    [MENTION=766]Sitrec[/MENTION], I think Prefab might not be the "right" solution/workaround for the blutility issue you encountered.

I posted my test blutility setup regrading spawning HISMC instances via blutility on your another post (
    https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...745#post709745 ), hope that helps.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    [MENTION=766]Sitrec[/MENTION], yes, you can save all spawned prefab instances in the level since there're just normal actors after spawned by the blutility.
    Great! Would it be possible to add content to a prefab with blueprints?
    I have a blutility that spawns hierarchical instanced static mesh components but have had trouble finding a decent way of saving them since they get reset by moving the blutility and doesn't save with the level.
    I don't want to use construction script as I want to make sure it doesn't run any code when starting the game.

It does work to select my blurility with it's spawned components and convert them with your instance tool, but I run into problems when I want to add more instances later, having to convert everything back to meshes before instancing again is going to be tedious. I tried selecting the actor to add them to but it all HISMAs are located in different actors and doing it one by one would be too much work for what I'm trying to do.

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    [MENTION=766]Sitrec[/MENTION], yes, you can save all spawned prefab instances in the level since there're just normal actors after spawned by the blutility.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Added SetPrefab UFunction to Prefab Actor, it's possible now to spawn Prefab via Blueprint (editor only).

[ATTACH=CONFIG]141137[/ATTACH]

The video shows using that with Blutility.
    Is it possible to save the spawned prefabs in the level after spawning them with Blutility? I've had problems trying to save any component spawned with blutility and hope that using your prefabs somehow could be a workaround.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Added SetPrefab UFunction to Prefab Actor, it's possible now to spawn Prefab via Blueprint (editor only).

Click image for larger version

Name:	Blueprint_SpawnActor_SetPrefab.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	1128114

The video shows using that with Blutility.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Ali Akbar View Post
    Nice work [MENTION=702]Nate[/MENTION]. This is a much needed feature in the engine. Looking forward to the release.

It looks like this will work only from within the editor? Can we have a reference to a prefab asset class and then later spawn an actor using that class using the spawn actor blueprint node? If not, would it be possible to also support runtime spawning as it will be useful while building procedural levels at runtime

[MENTION=28980]Ali Akbar[/MENTION], thanks! Yes, it works only within the editor, via ActorFactory to be precisely. Spawning a prefab actor by using SpawnActor blueprint node and then assign a prefab asset to trigger instances spawning is not implemented but should be easy to do, just that it also only works in the editor so might not be that useful.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    As far as I know, there's no way to tag an actor as "editor only" inside editor. You can mark a component as "editor only" to exclude the specific componet from cooking, but I assuem that's not what you want.
    Actually in my previous prefab implementation (Prefab Tool is my second attempt of Prefab implementation), there's a concept call "Transient" Prefab. Once you mark a Prefab Actor in the level "Transient", all childeren actors under this Prefab Actor will never be savee into map but be generated every time when map opened, which make them never be cooked hence "editor only". But there was may limitations of that particular feature might confuse people and I haven't found useful usecase myself so I ruled out that feature in current version.
    May I ask what kind of situation you need for editor-only actors?

You might want to have a look at AGroupActor. It resides in the engine's editor module and is not available in the map's actor list in standalone builds

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Nice work [MENTION=702]Nate[/MENTION]. This is a much needed feature in the engine. Looking forward to the release.

The Prefab Actor is essentially an empty actor (with editor-only logic to manage children actors),
    It looks like this will work only from within the editor? Can we have a reference to a prefab asset class and then later spawn an actor using that class using the spawn actor blueprint node? If not, would it be possible to also support runtime spawning as it will be useful while building procedural levels at runtime

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I need it for editor-only content. Actors that procedurally generate stuff depending on their context / location and variable values. The generated content is what I would like to keep in-game. But I wouldnt need the "generators", so I dont want to include them into the final build.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by HeadClot View Post
    How much will this cost and when can we expect it to hit the marketplace?
    The price will be $24.99. I plan to submit to marketplace next week, then it's up to how long the review process might take.

Originally posted by rYuxq View Post
    Does your prefab system allow for editor-only actors?
    I mean. Can I add actors to the prefab, that I can set to be compiled out of the final build (in case I am using actors who are useful only inside the editor)?
    As far as I know, there's no way to tag an actor as "editor only" inside editor. You can mark a component as "editor only" to exclude the specific componet from cooking, but I assuem that's not what you want.
    Actually in my previous prefab implementation (Prefab Tool is my second attempt of Prefab implementation), there's a concept call "Transient" Prefab. Once you mark a Prefab Actor in the level "Transient", all childeren actors under this Prefab Actor will never be savee into map but be generated every time when map opened, which make them never be cooked hence "editor only". But there was may limitations of that particular feature might confuse people and I haven't found useful usecase myself so I ruled out that feature in current version.
    May I ask what kind of situation you need for editor-only actors?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Does your prefab system allow for editor-only actors?
    I mean. Can I add actors to the prefab, that I can set to be compiled out of the final build (in case I am using actors who are useful only inside the editor)?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X