No announcement yet.

Prefab Tool - Prefab Support for Unreal Engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Added SetPrefab UFunction to Prefab Actor, it's possible now to spawn Prefab via Blueprint (editor only).

Click image for larger version

Name:	Blueprint_SpawnActor_SetPrefab.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	1128114

The video shows using that with Blutility.

| twitter | github | #ue4tip

Comment

Originally posted by Nate View Post
      Added SetPrefab UFunction to Prefab Actor, it's possible now to spawn Prefab via Blueprint (editor only).

[ATTACH=CONFIG]141137[/ATTACH]

The video shows using that with Blutility.
      Is it possible to save the spawned prefabs in the level after spawning them with Blutility? I've had problems trying to save any component spawned with blutility and hope that using your prefabs somehow could be a workaround.

Comment

[MENTION=766]Sitrec[/MENTION], yes, you can save all spawned prefab instances in the level since there're just normal actors after spawned by the blutility.

Comment

[MENTION=766]Sitrec[/MENTION], yes, you can save all spawned prefab instances in the level since there're just normal actors after spawned by the blutility.
          Great! Would it be possible to add content to a prefab with blueprints?
          I have a blutility that spawns hierarchical instanced static mesh components but have had trouble finding a decent way of saving them since they get reset by moving the blutility and doesn't save with the level.
          I don't want to use construction script as I want to make sure it doesn't run any code when starting the game.

It does work to select my blurility with it's spawned components and convert them with your instance tool, but I run into problems when I want to add more instances later, having to convert everything back to meshes before instancing again is going to be tedious. I tried selecting the actor to add them to but it all HISMAs are located in different actors and doing it one by one would be too much work for what I'm trying to do.

Thanks!

Comment

[MENTION=766]Sitrec[/MENTION], I think Prefab might not be the "right" solution/workaround for the blutility issue you encountered.

I posted my test blutility setup regrading spawning HISMC instances via blutility on your another post (
            https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...745#post709745 ), hope that helps.

Comment

[MENTION=766]Sitrec[/MENTION], I think Prefab might not be the "right" solution/workaround for the blutility issue you encountered.

I posted my test blutility setup regrading spawning HISMC instances via blutility on your another post (
              https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...745#post709745 ), hope that helps.
              That completely solved the issue for me, thank you!
              Prefabs seems like they would be perfect for better handling blueprint functionality in the houses I'm building, my solution is very wonky so I look forward to replacing them with your Prefabs instead as soon as it's released.

Comment

Hey [MENTION=702]Nate[/MENTION] - Got a question - Would it be possible to preorder/order this tool via gumroad or other site?

Comment

[MENTION=260]HeadClot[/MENTION], yes, I can setup a page on itch. Will post here when it's done.

Comment

Looking forward to this!

Comment

Would be nice to have a import option where, when you import a fbx with multiple meshes, it automatically imports as a prefab, like in unity
                      Last edited by Luckasa; 05-30-2017, 10:57 PM.

Comment

[MENTION=702]Nate[/MENTION]: Does this spawn the actors inside the Prefab when starting up a level at runtime, or are they actually saved in the level on disk and instantiated on load? (Blueprint Child Actors are created at runtime during startup.)

Comment

Originally posted by Luckasa View Post
                          Would be nice to have a import option where, when you import a fbx with multiple meshes, it automatically imports as a prefab, like in unity
                          Hi Luckasa, in Prefab Tool, a Prefab is container of actors, but not meshes. E.g. if you setup a house in level which contains all the furnitures/doors/windows/decorations meshes, you can store all those static mesh actors as one single Prefab to be resued in any levels.

Originally posted by ColdIronPoz View Post
                          [MENTION=702]Nate[/MENTION]: Does this spawn the actors inside the Prefab when starting up a level at runtime, or are they actually saved in the level on disk and instantiated on load? (Blueprint Child Actors are created at runtime during startup.)
                          All prefab actors are saved in the level just like normal actors. One of the design goal of Prefab Tool is that there will be no runtime overhead when using Prefab.

Comment

Stress testing : store all actors in sublevel (from Zen Graden) as one prefab.

Comment

Hey there

It's looking pretty interesting!

I have two questions:
                              - Can we store Foliage Actors in a Prefab?
                              - When do you plan to release it?

I'll keep an eye on this thread, keep up the good work!
                              Last edited by Yun-Kun; 06-03-2017, 11:53 AM.
                              [Released] Multiplayer Combat Editor
                              A-RPG Sacred Swords
                              Youtube Tutorials

Comment

Hi [MENTION=32515]Yun-Kun[/MENTION], thanks!

Foliage Actor is not supported, currently there're 3 explict non-supported actor class: Group Actor, BSP Brush and Landscape, since those actors have special logic embed in core unreal editor which is hard to support without touching engine code. Foliages mostly works on Langscape and BSP hences is not supported.

I plan to put Preab Tool on itch this weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X