Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

❀ DoN's Dynamic Mesh Effects ❀

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Greetings,

    What an amazing plugin. Truly awesome. I was wondering,
    about to purchase this , just curious if you have any specials sales planned for the holidays... I know its not a fair question lol, but I have the worst luck of buying assets and then a week later they are on sale for cheaper.

    I would be using it in a 4.17 engine built from source, since Croft up there seemed to have no issue copying over the plugin and compiling it.. I am hopeful it will work out fine for me as well.. though if you could add any documentation for adding to a source compiled engine that would be great too..

    Thanks much! And truly amazing..
    If I was to make a request... It would be for you to make tutorial videos on methods for things like world build and such to minimize performance loss (non related to this plugin but you seem like a warlock)
    Last edited by 6gg Studios; 12-14-2017, 07:05 PM.

    Comment


      Originally posted by Mock Up Games View Post
      Greetings,
      What an amazing plugin. Truly awesome. I was wondering,
      about to purchase this , just curious if you have any specials sales planned for the holidays... I know its not a fair question lol, but I have the worst luck of buying assets and then a week later they are on sale for cheaper.
      Thank you Yes! The plugin will be 50% off during the holiday sale; Very soon!

      Originally posted by Mock Up Games View Post
      I would be using it in a 4.17 engine built from source, since Croft up there seemed to have no issue copying over the plugin and compiling it.. I am hopeful it will work out fine for me as well.. though if you could add any documentation for adding to a source compiled engine that would be great too..
      Definitely. I use this plugin from source builds too, no special steps are required. You can either copy the plugin straight into your own project's Plugins folder or your source build's Engine\Plugins\ folder depending on your preferred workflow.

      For accessing the API from C++ remember to add the Module "DonMeshPainting" as a dependency in your Builds.cs file (PublicDependencyModuleNames) as usual.

      Originally posted by Mock Up Games View Post
      Thanks much! And truly amazing..
      If I was to make a request... It would be for you to make tutorial videos on methods for things like world build and such to minimize performance loss (non related to this plugin but you seem like a warlock)
      Thanks again

      Quite busy these days building "Drunk On Nectar"; will look for opportunities to weave something into the mix whenever I can

      Steam Early Access: Drunk On Nectar - The Nature Simulator

      UE4 Plugins: DoN’s Dynamic Mesh FX | DoN’s 3D Pathfinding

      Comment


        Originally posted by Daniel Skipper Games View Post
        Hi, Is there any way to suppress/fix the byte array warnings on using the load onto multiple actors node? Each array element is flooding me with the following log warnings:
        LogUObjectGlobals: Warning: Failed to find object 'Object None.None'
        Daniel Skipper Games - This issue has been resolved in a local build.

        Some new features like compression support for saved data is also planned; if possible an out-of-cycle feature update may be released for the plugin with these improvements.

        For those curious - the logging issue was solved by creating a custom UObject archiver (i.e. no longer inheriting from FNameAsStringProxyArchive) that handles Nones/nulls/ as a special case. It's the null objects (in this case, optional references for decal textures/etc) that were flooding the logs. All clean now
        Last edited by VSZ; 12-16-2017, 03:08 PM.

        Steam Early Access: Drunk On Nectar - The Nature Simulator

        UE4 Plugins: DoN’s Dynamic Mesh FX | DoN’s 3D Pathfinding

        Comment


          Originally posted by VSZ View Post

          Thank you Yes! The plugin will be 50% off during the holiday sale; Very soon!


          Definitely. I use this plugin from source builds too, no special steps are required. You can either copy the plugin straight into your own project's Plugins folder or your source build's Engine\Plugins\ folder depending on your preferred workflow.

          For accessing the API from C++ remember to add the Module "DonMeshPainting" as a dependency in your Builds.cs file (PublicDependencyModuleNames) as usual.


          Thanks again

          Quite busy these days building "Drunk On Nectar"; will look for opportunities to weave something into the mix whenever I can


          Sweet, man.. thanks! See lol.. I would of bought it and right after it would go on sale.. happens all the time! ... thanks for the info... and Drunk on Nectar looks amazing..

          Comment


            Every link I click on the knowledge base just goes to the homepage URL. I will try again tomorrow.
            Colin M. Croft
            President
            Croft Interactive Inc.

            Comment


              Hello -- I'll second that. All the links on the Knowledge Base page are broken, and the search function requires a login. Please fix this!

              Comment




                Originally posted by rennsix View Post
                Every link I click on the knowledge base just goes to the homepage URL. I will try again tomorrow.
                Originally posted by Kees.Ii View Post
                Hello -- I'll second that. All the links on the Knowledge Base page are broken, and the search function requires a login. Please fix this!
                It's fixed now.

                The links were broken while renaming some content, sorry for that.

                Kees.Ii - The KB Search page still needs to be fixed. I've sent a support request to my KB provider to find an alternative way of running the search box (it currently needs access to an admin-only part of the website for running some Ajax requests apparently...)

                Thanks to both of you for bringing this to my attention



                Steam Early Access: Drunk On Nectar - The Nature Simulator

                UE4 Plugins: DoN’s Dynamic Mesh FX | DoN’s 3D Pathfinding

                Comment


                  Originally posted by VSZ View Post
                  Thank you Yes! The plugin will be 50% off during the holiday sale; Very soon!
                  The sale is live!
                  Pick up DoN's Dynamic Mesh Effects for 50% off for the 2017 Holiday sale!

                  Try the free demo:
                  Once again, you can download the free 4.18 sample project and give the latest features a whirl for yourself!

                  Steam Early Access: Drunk On Nectar - The Nature Simulator

                  UE4 Plugins: DoN’s Dynamic Mesh FX | DoN’s 3D Pathfinding

                  Comment


                    Hello, does your plugin work with particles? (For example, traces of dirt from under the wheels of the car on the landscape, on the car itself)

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by ksergos View Post
                      Hello, does your plugin work with particles? (For example, traces of dirt from under the wheels of the car on the landscape, on the car itself)
                      For your usecase you could use a decal dirt texture and accumulate dirt trails on the landscape and the car as well. This will be driven by your materials with a node provided by the plugin.

                      If you meant "3D Particles" like ones in Cascade, then no, the plugin doesn't deal with those.

                      Hope that answered your question Also check out the Paint Stroke and Quick Start knowledge base articles to get a sense of the overall workflow.

                      Steam Early Access: Drunk On Nectar - The Nature Simulator

                      UE4 Plugins: DoN’s Dynamic Mesh FX | DoN’s 3D Pathfinding

                      Comment


                        Sorry, I was referring to the drawing of decals through your plugin on the skeletal mesh when the particles collided with the skeletal mesh. Something like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLeKe2SHu78 but on the skeletal meshes.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by ksergos View Post
                          Sorry, I was referring to the drawing of decals through your plugin on the skeletal mesh when the particles collided with the skeletal mesh. Something like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLeKe2SHu78 but on the skeletal meshes.
                          That video uses the "On Particle Collide" event to spawn decals whenever a particle touches the ground (presumably scene collision/etc is turned on, I didn't see the full video).

                          Anyway, you could use the same approach and just pass that data to the plugin's Paint Stroke node as a Hit Result.

                          Few things to note:- The plugin requires a Hit Result to work so you would need to wrap the particle collision event's data into a custom Hit Result first. As the particle event doesn't tell you which component it collided with you'd need to manually seed the list of desired splatter surfaces (eg: Your character's skeletal mesh, landscape floor, etc).

                          The plugin is smart enough to ignore any decal requests that do not touch the character's skeletal body, so you don't need to worry about that. Proper setup will be key for your usecase though as in the absence of "true" hit results you'd need to convert cascade's collision events into a hit result; the decision making of which actual component to seed those Hit Results with will be yours to make.

                          Hope that helps!

                          Steam Early Access: Drunk On Nectar - The Nature Simulator

                          UE4 Plugins: DoN’s Dynamic Mesh FX | DoN’s 3D Pathfinding

                          Comment


                            Thank you very much! I buy it.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by ksergos View Post
                              Thank you very much! I buy it.
                              Thank you! Appreciate your purchase

                              Steam Early Access: Drunk On Nectar - The Nature Simulator

                              UE4 Plugins: DoN’s Dynamic Mesh FX | DoN’s 3D Pathfinding

                              Comment


                                Just a reminder that the sale is ending on December 31st!

                                This plugin won't be on sale again for the foreseeable future, so this is a great opportunity to pick it up at 50% off.

                                With Multiplayer, Saving-Loading, Landscape runtime painting and more supported out-of-the-box, this plugin is ready for immediate use in production.

                                Practically any kind of game or project will benefit from the rich feature-set of this plugin

                                Steam Early Access: Drunk On Nectar - The Nature Simulator

                                UE4 Plugins: DoN’s Dynamic Mesh FX | DoN’s 3D Pathfinding

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X