❀ DoN's Dynamic Mesh Effects ❀

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    For reference this post has historical details on this morph target issue.

Yes, if anyone has found a workaround for that issue please do make it known!

Der.Dominic - I'm still hopeful that Epic will fix it for 4.22.

The bug was marked "Not Fix" until recently but after it was pointed out that Ryan Brucks' popular mesh painting video also relies on the same technique, they seem to have reopened it (that's judging by the chronology of events at least ).

Rewriting the plugin itself to workaround the issue may or may not be feasible. There are some options on the table (ranging from a duplicate skeletal mesh for capturing positions to a simpler relative bone space based painting discussed earlier in this thread) but the dev effort involved is significant considering we're in an advanced lifestage of the plugin's development cycle.

If the pose of your skeletal mesh doesn't change often and/or if accuracy isn't that big of an issue, you may be able to capture the skeletal mesh's positions only once (this is what triggers the morph issue) and use that as a reference pose for all subsequent painting. Won't work for most usecases though.

Hopefully Epic will have fixed this in 4.22, we'll see.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    After all these years now it's obvious Epic will not (re-)fix the morph targets bug.
    (Morph targets are resetting to zero when using mesh paint. See https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-54099 )

Has anyone found a workaround?
    (Except for downgrading to UE 4.16)

Still cannot use this excellent module since all my models are using a lot of morph targets.
    Thanks for any help.
    Last edited by Der.Dominic; 01-12-2019, 05:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ok thank you

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by eddiescofield View Post
    Ahn ok i tell you when i send you project
    I never heard back from you with the requested information (I have quoted your post above).

What you describe hasn't been reported by anyone else before, that is why further information in the form of a sample project was requested from you.

I'm not sure what this hypothetical bug even is at this point so no action can be taken to work on it

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi, The bug with decal on the player it's fixed?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ~~~ ❀ 60% Discount | Marketplace Sale! ❀ ~~~
    (Purchase Link)

Just a reminder that the plugin is 60% off for the Unreal Marketplace sale.

The plugin has a wide and ever-growing range of functionality that is well-suited to practically any project made in Unreal Engine.

At $28, this is probably the lowest price the plugin is going to ever have, so check it out!

https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...c-mesh-effects

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ❀ ~ 4.21 Update Submitted ~ ❀

Update has been submitted along with the critical bugfix for decal size mentioned in this post.

-
    cpenny20, Rita Shinenen - Let me know if the inconsistent decal size issue you reported earlier works to your expectations now
    Last edited by VSZ; 11-19-2018, 08:59 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thank you. Here's a few other things you can also try while you're preparing the test project.

1) Try using a decal texture from the demo project instead of yours, to rule out issues with the decal texture.
    2) See if replacing your material with one from the demo project works to rule out issues with your material (you can pick the character material from the 2nd example for decals)
    (...or replace the demo project's material with your own)
    3) Import the demo character into your project and see if your decal setup works on that model..

The test project will be useful to quickly diagnose the issue though.

Leave a comment:

• replied

Leave a comment:

• replied
    YES!!! Thank youuuuuuu!!!!!
    Hi, sorry for the confusion - I think you misunderstood my previous message. The decal size issue I mentioned is a completely different issue that was affecting other plugin users (see that post for details). That fix will not help your issue in any way at all.

Yours is probably a setup issue of some kind, so I still need the sample project I asked for so I can fix it for you and update the tutorials if deemed necessary.

Please let me know when you've sent the sample project over or if you need more information on what is to be sent.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    YES!!! Thank youuuuuuu!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yes i know this, no problem, sorry for the spam, really. But i love your plugin and i don't know why decals doesnt work, i follow step for step the guide in website...
    Anyway ok i send you the project. If i can give you advice, do a little tutorial on your channel youtube, for simple material works for decals on mesh with a simple project like first person or third person. So, thank you so much for the support!
    No problem - Just let me know when you've sent it over. I don't need your main project, a new third-person project with any dummy asset that showcases the issue is sufficient.

Based on the resolution we attain for this issue, I'll see if the tutorials need to be improved in some way or if a video is needed to complement the existing docs.Thanks for your feedback.

~

4.21 update: I've received confirmation that the decal size issue mentioned in this post is fixed with the provided patch. 4.21 update will be submitted soon along with this bugfix!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yes i know this, no problem, sorry for the spam, really. But i love your plugin and i don't know why decals doesnt work, i follow step for step the guide in website...
    Anyway ok i send you the project. If i can give you advice, do a little tutorial on your channel youtube, for simple material works for decals on mesh with a simple project like first person or third person. So, thank you so much for the support!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi eddiescofield , can you email a small repro project to support@drunkonnectar.com with your username in the subject? It will probably be quicker that way. If desired, you can substitute this particular asset with any dummy character that showcases the issue.

PS: I need 24-48 hours to respond to messages as I receive a high volume of email. Sunday/Weekend correspondence will necessarily be delayed.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I make a good physics asset and good lightmap but nothing, decal spawn every time at same place, black and big one, plase can you help me?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X