X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bino View Post
    Hopefully this plugin isn't dead - no update for 4.24

In the chance you're still around...

I'm able to use the Don_Mesh_Paint_UV1 node successfully for walls, floors and random static meshes. However building everything (lights etc) some walls no longer draw the texture. If I move the failing wall and try again without building it works.

I've stepped through the paint stroke C++ code and it's successfully drawing as far as it's concerned.

This is all testing in the editor preview.
    Ok I think I found the issue. It's not painting because there are multiple material slots on the static mesh. If I edit the mesh and remove all but one of the material slots it works every time after building lighting. I'm not sure why this is the case - I need to look at the code a bit closer.

Looking at a previous issue raised you suggested that every material slot have the a Don Mesh node. I can confirm they all have that.

I'm going to leave this for a bit hoping you return to this plugin.

Comment

Hi, does anyone know if this plugin is still alive? I really want to buy it but need to know if it can be successfully built for 4.24 and 4.25

Comment

Hey rohanbabuam
        It feels abandoned unfortunately. No response from the developer on here, email or the marketplace. I have it running on 4.24 with a custom change in the code so it compiles. I'm having issues with static meshes with multiple materials. Others are reporting bugs.

So yeah, it works but has some issues and you'll need to make a change so that it compiles.

Comment

Thank you Bino, also, do you know if the decals work on Procedural/Runtime MeshComponents?

Comment

Originally posted by rohanbabuam View Post
            Thank you Bino, also, do you know if the decals work on Procedural/Runtime MeshComponents?
            Never tried it myself. But if the material is setup as per the documentation I think it would work.Good luck

Comment

Hey all,

Assuming this plugin has been forgotten. Hopefully VSZ is ok.

I have this working in 4.25 preview 7 but you'll need to make code changes.

In DonMeshPainterComponent.cpp you'll need to change const TArray<uint8>* uncompressed; to TArray<uint8, TSizedDefaultAllocator<64>> uncompressed;
              Anywhere uncompressed is used you'll need to change "->" to a "."

There was another change I needed to do for 4.24 but I don't remember. It was pretty simple.

Still doesn't work with meshes with multiple materials but I'm just going to bake those mesh to use a single material. Probably better for VR performance anyway. The new polygon editing tools in 4.25 make that super easy.

Anyway hope this helps someone.

Comment

I got the plugin working on the release version of UE 4.25, and it does work on Procedural and Runtime Mesh Components. My issue is that it only works on tethered VR. Once I deploy to my Quest and test it, I get a framerate dip, and none of the painting is applied. I'm curious if anyone else experienced this issue on mobile VR.

Comment

Originally posted by Decca View Post
                  I got the plugin working on the release version of UE 4.25, and it does work on Procedural and Runtime Mesh Components. My issue is that it only works on tethered VR. Once I deploy to my Quest and test it, I get a framerate dip, and none of the painting is applied. I'm curious if anyone else experienced this issue on mobile VR.
                  Nope unfortunately don't have a Quest to test. But please share any findings as I'm hoping to port to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Decca View Post
                    Did you have any luck working this out? I was doing an optimization pass on my assets and found that my master material containing the Don Mesh nodes was bringing in a 2K texture for every model using it. I had little scene static meshes taking up a lot of memory. I ensure only meshes that need this node use it and may even reduce the size of the texture the DonMesh node uses.

Comment

Working...
                    X