❀ DoN's Dynamic Mesh Effects ❀

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MissKraya View Post
    Hey, I'm going on holliday until next week and the studio closed up today before I got a chance to cook a new package for the PS4 however in M_DilatePositionsTexture's custom node you need to change the variable "sample" to "s" or something else as "sample" is a reserved keyword on the PS4 shader compiler. Not sure if this is the only issue with the plugin and will keep this thread updated with my progress.
    Thanks a lot for the information and update, appreciate it!

Steam Early Access: Drunk On Nectar - The Nature Simulator

UE4 Plugins: DoN’s Dynamic Mesh FX | DoN’s 3D Pathfinding

Comment

Originally posted by VSZ View Post

Thanks a lot for the information and update, appreciate it!
      Confirmed working on PS4 now! Only additional change required is to whitelist PS4, in the uplugin file for supported platforms. Thank you for the great product and sorry for the late updates on this.

EDIT: We also set the DonMeshPainting Content directory to always cook just to be safe, unsure if this is a requirement however.

Comment

Hi There, Fantastic plugin - I am going to purchase on 4.23 release, but first I want to make sure that my painted decals will work with any chaos fractured meshes in my game?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by MissKraya View Post

Confirmed working on PS4 now! Only additional change required is to whitelist PS4, in the uplugin file for supported platforms. Thank you for the great product and sorry for the late updates on this.

EDIT: We also set the DonMeshPainting Content directory to always cook just to be safe, unsure if this is a requirement however.
          Excellent! Thank you for getting back on this!

Comment

Originally posted by Swinny_ View Post
            Hi There, Fantastic plugin - I am going to purchase on 4.23 release, but first I want to make sure that my painted decals will work with any chaos fractured meshes in my game?

Thanks!
            Hey there. You'll have to assume it doesn't work for now, as it is unlikely that a pre-existing system will work flawlessly with a new one, especially where things like fractured meshes are concerned. There's so many things to consider here, eg: Can you paint before fracture, after fracture, will the texture UVs be retained post fracture, etc. I probably won't be able to look into this any time soon as I'm preoccupied elsewhere atm.

As for 4.23 release ETA, I'd like to implement some outstanding user requests from earlier this year (specifically multi-layer support for pixel collisions). I'll probably need at least 1 week or more to submit.

Appreciate your interest and visitor message

Comment

Awesome thanks for the reply. Looking forward to picking it up next update

Comment

hi there, i am curious if this can be ceployeng on android / oculus quest

Comment

Originally posted by Swinny_ View Post
                  hi there, i am curious if this can be ceployeng on android / oculus quest
                  After porting this to the PS4 I didnt notice any platform dependant code. You might need to make the same changes I made further up and if there are any issues it should print a fairly simple message when you are cooking your game.

I havent tested Android but I dont see any reason it wouldnt work.

Comment

Hey does that works using render targets?

Comment

Hi,

I'm having issues getting this plugin to work on simple walls and floors for a blood splatter effect. (using 4.23)

Basically I have a blood splash static mesh that has a collision object. On overlap I call paint stroke and pass the hit object.

I've tried the XY YZ local space work flow (nothing appears or paints the whole mesh) and the Don_Mesh_Paint_UV1 (current approach as per the wall demo).

What I'm finding is the texture isn't painted as accurate as the demo. I have to make the brush size quite large for it to even appear. In addition, I'm using the lightmap workflow as UV0 overlap but the painting can happen on the other side of the mesh.

The collision hits on the bottom right (the blood dots are a static mesh being shot across) but the painting appears elsewhere (top left). I had to rotate the mesh for it to even appear on the correct side. My light map UVs do not overlap.

Click image for larger version  Name:	hitloc.PNG Views:	0 Size:	391.0 KB ID:	1679947

The material is pretty simple. Basically doing what's done with the wall demo but just for base colour.

Click image for larger version  Name:	mat.PNG Views:	0 Size:	110.1 KB ID:	1679948

Comment

Originally posted by Bino View Post
                        Hi, I'm having issues getting this plugin to work on simple walls and floors for a blood splatter effect. (using 4.23)
                        Hi Bino, can you share a screenshot of the UV1 channel for your wall? The material looks fine so more information is required to diagnose this issue.

Alternatively if you can send a small, self-contained sample project demonstrating the issue to the support address (or PM here) that will enable much faster analysis and resolution.

Local Space nodes:
                        While Local Space nodes are indeed insufficient for your usecase (as you need to paint both sides of the wall), it is well worth fixing whatever issues you were having there. Make sure that you delete all unused Don UV nodes in your material. Currently even if a Don UV node is not connected (mostly when you're experimenting with different workflows), it ends up getting picked up by the material editor code and this is a common cause of the Local Space nodes (or indeed other nodes) not working as expected.

Comment

Originally posted by VSZ View Post

Hi Bino, can you share a screenshot of the UV1 channel for your wall? The material looks fine so more information is required to diagnose this issue.

Alternatively if you can send a small, self-contained sample project demonstrating the issue to the support address (or PM here) that will enable much faster analysis and resolution.

Local Space nodes:
                          While Local Space nodes are indeed insufficient for your usecase (as you need to paint both sides of the wall), it is well worth fixing whatever issues you were having there. Make sure that you delete all unused Don UV nodes in your material. Currently even if a Don UV node is not connected (mostly when you're experimenting with different workflows), it ends up getting picked up by the material editor code and this is a common cause of the Local Space nodes (or indeed other nodes) not working as expected.
                          Thank you for the response. I found the issue

I was using a Component Overlap event and discovered the hit result had no actual data for the PaintStroke function. Using a Hit Event and receiving actual hit data the painting occurs at the correct spot. I haven't tested the Local Space nodes but I'm sure they work ok now.

Excellent work with this plugin! I'll leave a good review.

Comment

Originally posted by Bino View Post

Thank you for the response. I found the issue

I was using a Component Overlap event and discovered the hit result had no actual data for the PaintStroke function. Using a Hit Event and receiving actual hit data the painting occurs at the correct spot. I haven't tested the Local Space nodes but I'm sure they work ok now.

Excellent work with this plugin! I'll leave a good review.

That is wonderful to hear, Thank you Bino!

Comment

Working...
                            X