Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Der.Dominic View Post
    It's been two months now. Did you get any information?
    Nope, apparently many others are in the same boat though...

Have I understood correctly that your plugin finally makes it possible to collide a mesh or at least a world position location with a skeletal mesh? And by that I do not mean physics bodies but the whole mesh itself including all attached meshes like hair and clothing. For example could I make a bullet hit the coat, then shirt, skin, shirt, coat? (to create an exit wound)
    I'm afraid not. Per-pixel collisions are limited to things like shooting projectiles through holes in solid walls, gameplay collisions like traps made of lava/water painted on a solid surface per-pixel (that players/A.I. can walk onto and react, etc). In all these examples, the base collision already exists; we're dealing with solid, collidable objects which we interact with using an initial hit, work out the UV indices per material and then tag the pixels around that hit with visual effects and/or collision tags that we use to query information at runtime - eg: Can this player/projectile enter this hole? Should the A.I take damage from this surface?, etc.

There is a possibility that WPO/morph/cloth collisions can be detected through a very expensive CPU lookup; was planning to look into this after the submission process but that has taken far too long already! Can't say I'll be investigating this feature any time soon

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It's been two months now. Did you get any information?

Have I understood correctly that your plugin finally makes it possible to collide a mesh or at least a world position location with a skeletal mesh? And by that I do not mean physics bodies but the whole mesh itself including all attached meshes like hair and clothing.
    For example could I make a bullet hit the coat, then shirt, skin, shirt, coat? (to create an exit wound)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by gozu View Post
    Thanks for the update :-)

I heard rumor they have been quite busy and are training new staff to cope with the load!

Good luck!
    Yeah that's what I gathered as well.

Thanks again for your kind words, really appreciate your interest in this plugin!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks for the update :-)

I heard rumor they have been quite busy and are training new staff to cope with the load!

Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by TXL View Post
    功能很好,我怎样才能去获得?
    Hey, code review from marketplace team is still pending...

I've asked them for an estimate of how long this process will take, hopefully some information will surface

Leave a comment:

• replied
    功能很好,我怎样才能去获得?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Feel free to post any questions!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Any news? Are they still evaluating? Really looking forward to this.
    Evaluation is still going on it seems

Appreciate your patience, will update this thread as soon as I receive news on this. Thanks for your interest in the plugin!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Any news? Are they still evaluating? Really looking forward to this.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    [MENTION=26016]gozu[/MENTION] Thank you

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This looks amazing man.
    Great job!
    Will be grabbing it for sure :-)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    [MENTION=440824]晓晓浣熊[/MENTION]

Hey, the marketplace team is evaluating the product currently, no date yet. Hopefully it will arrive soon

Leave a comment:

• replied
    when will this be on the MarketPlace?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Added a quick GIF trailer to the OP that covers various features and examples

Spoiler

Eager to answer any questions you may have!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by HeadClot View Post
    Will this be a paid plugin or will it be free?
    This time it will be a paid plugin Provisional price is listed in this post.

Originally posted by Archimodes View Post
    Oops, I edited my post without refreshing and you had indeed responded. I'm curious if you can give any pointers in regards to using this for portals. That's my main goal with making the purchase presently, though with other projects I'm sure that'll change.
    Portals:
    Once the sample project is polished up, we can take a much closer look at this, but here's the workflow for now:

Visuals: You'll add a "Don Local Space Paint" node into your material and use the alpha as an opacity mask to create the portal. Choose from XY, XZ or YZ paint depending on how the mesh is modeled. Because it's local space you can rotate your asset any way you like, non-uniform scaling is supported too.

Gameplay:
    For characters, you'll need logic in your blueprint to check for portals (the plugin will tell you) and to execute portal travel (you'll need to handle that).
    For projectiles, just reparent your existing projectile component to the one provided by the plugin and set your portal name. It's derived from Unreal's projectile component so you retain all your existing functionality. The portal name is something you set while creating (painting) the portal.

--

Worth noting that things like portals/fog-of-war are applications of the plugin that end-users will need to develop as per their needs. The core product is a mesh painting solution with a custom collision API. Of course the sample project will have plenty of references for you though

Let me know if you have any questions!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X