No announcement yet.

❀ DoN's Dynamic Mesh Effects ❀

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will this be a paid plugin or will it be free?
    Last edited by HeadClot; 05-14-2017, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HeadClot View Post
      Will this be a paid plugin or will it be free?
      This time it will be a paid plugin Provisional price is listed in this post.

Originally posted by Archimodes View Post
      Oops, I edited my post without refreshing and you had indeed responded. I'm curious if you can give any pointers in regards to using this for portals. That's my main goal with making the purchase presently, though with other projects I'm sure that'll change.
      Portals:
      Once the sample project is polished up, we can take a much closer look at this, but here's the workflow for now:

Visuals: You'll add a "Don Local Space Paint" node into your material and use the alpha as an opacity mask to create the portal. Choose from XY, XZ or YZ paint depending on how the mesh is modeled. Because it's local space you can rotate your asset any way you like, non-uniform scaling is supported too.

Gameplay:
      For characters, you'll need logic in your blueprint to check for portals (the plugin will tell you) and to execute portal travel (you'll need to handle that).
      For projectiles, just reparent your existing projectile component to the one provided by the plugin and set your portal name. It's derived from Unreal's projectile component so you retain all your existing functionality. The portal name is something you set while creating (painting) the portal.

--

Worth noting that things like portals/fog-of-war are applications of the plugin that end-users will need to develop as per their needs. The core product is a mesh painting solution with a custom collision API. Of course the sample project will have plenty of references for you though

Let me know if you have any questions!

Steam Early Access: Drunk On Nectar - The Nature Simulator

UE4 Plugins: DoN’s Dynamic Mesh FX | DoN’s 3D Pathfinding

Comment

Added a quick GIF trailer to the OP that covers various features and examples

Spoiler

Eager to answer any questions you may have!

Comment

when will this be on the MarketPlace?

Comment

[MENTION=440824]晓晓浣熊[/MENTION]

Hey, the marketplace team is evaluating the product currently, no date yet. Hopefully it will arrive soon

Comment

This looks amazing man.
              Great job!
              Will be grabbing it for sure :-)
              Outer Planet Studios
              http://outerplanet.webflow.io/

Comment

[MENTION=26016]gozu[/MENTION] Thank you

Comment

Any news? Are they still evaluating? Really looking forward to this.

Comment

Originally posted by Der.Dominic View Post
                    Any news? Are they still evaluating? Really looking forward to this.
                    Evaluation is still going on it seems

Appreciate your patience, will update this thread as soon as I receive news on this. Thanks for your interest in the plugin!

Comment

Feel free to post any questions!

Comment

功能很好,我怎样才能去获得?

Comment

Originally posted by TXL View Post
                          功能很好,我怎样才能去获得?
                          Hey, code review from marketplace team is still pending...

I've asked them for an estimate of how long this process will take, hopefully some information will surface

Comment

Thanks for the update :-)

I heard rumor they have been quite busy and are training new staff to cope with the load!

Good luck!
                            Outer Planet Studios
                            http://outerplanet.webflow.io/

Comment

Originally posted by gozu View Post
                              Thanks for the update :-)

I heard rumor they have been quite busy and are training new staff to cope with the load!

Good luck!
                              Yeah that's what I gathered as well.

Thanks again for your kind words, really appreciate your interest in this plugin!

Comment

It's been two months now. Did you get any information?

Have I understood correctly that your plugin finally makes it possible to collide a mesh or at least a world position location with a skeletal mesh? And by that I do not mean physics bodies but the whole mesh itself including all attached meshes like hair and clothing.
                                For example could I make a bullet hit the coat, then shirt, skin, shirt, coat? (to create an exit wound)

Comment

Working...
                                X