MAJOR Security Compromise Issue!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jamendxman3 View Post
    The marketplace team sent out an email to all marketplace sellers that participated in the May Flash Sale, but did not use BCC, so our emails were revealed to everyone in the email chain.
    Ah, thanks for the info. Yes, this was done in error, though it should have only been the publicly available support email address listed on the sellers' profiles. Still a mistake on our end that we're certainly aiming to not repeat.
    Let's Connect [Twitter]

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Ivey View Post
      Just heard back from the team was the case. Sorry for any inconvenience amigo, but your data is safe
      Thanks for the clarification on that.

Originally posted by franktech View Post
      I mentioned it above already too, but maybe its worth repeating here again in light of this...
      Anyone using the same email for Marketplace + Discord / Slack back in Aug 2016?

If so, it might be safer to assume that email is compromised somewhat now too. Why???
      Everyone's emails were publicly visible in the Team Directory at that point (Still the case?).

Any scammer / cybercrim who joined would have access to that list like an open CC list...
      Or any malware infected PC's from even a single UE4 user, may have slurped that data...
      I used a different email for that as well, though interesting to know the addresses were plastered all over the wall over there.

Originally posted by Chance Ivey View Post
      Ah, thanks for the info. Yes, this was done in error, though it should have only been the publicly available support email address listed on the sellers' profiles. Still a mistake on our end that we're certainly aiming to not repeat.
      Glad to hear. =)

Simulacrum Game | Play The Alpha | Caldera Entertainment | Twitter | ArtStation

Comment

My email is in that list and nobody had access to my acc (although they tried last year).
        I believe that case of emails exposed on the Marketplace message got nothing to do with this, it's the result of passwords they managed to discover from the email robbery that happened last year, and they probably have access to your email, not just your Epic account; if you use hotmail it's important to activate all the security services they provide (not enabled on emails by default)
        | Savior | USQLite | FSM | Object Pool | Sound Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

Comment

Originally posted by BrUnO XaVIeR View Post
          My email is in that list and nobody had access to my acc (although they tried last year).
          I believe that case of emails exposed on the Marketplace message got nothing to do with this, it's the result of passwords they managed to discover from the email robbery that happened last year, and they probably have access to your email, not just your Epic account; if you use hotmail it's important to activate all the security services they provide (not enabled on emails by default)
          I believe Epic forced password resets back during that breach, so it isn't likely that someone's emails were compromised for nearly a year and they didn't notice/the perpetrator did nothing until now.

Simulacrum Game | Play The Alpha | Caldera Entertainment | Twitter | ArtStation

Comment

Honestly, I feel Epic should be validating actual scanned forms of Identification (Passport, Country ID) when verifying specifically on Marketplace Developers.
            Alessa Baker,
            Technical Artist & Member of the Epic Streaming Team.

Shelling System - Measurement-based Blockout tool for Level Designers and Arch Viz Artists.

Comment

Working...
            X