• replied
    Originally posted by SumFX View Post
    Wow! These looks amazing!
    Thanks man

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by RaaYaar View Post
    Hello everyone,

My latest package "Modular Cliffs" has just been released.

Edit: Added a video:
    https://youtu.be/DasaY5L0HX0

I will also be using this thread as a support channel, so don't hesitate to post here if you have any questions, concerns, wishes for future updates...
    Thank you!

(more screens on product page)
    Wow! These looks amazing!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by CharacterArtist128 View Post
    Beautiful work on these.
    I'm glad to see the rocks are all closed faced.
    They all blend together so beautifully. Well done sir.
    Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by SlinkyMuffins View Post
    Lovely video like the stills, but I'd still like to see the modularity in action!
    Yes, I know, I'm still planning to do a video about that Will keep you posted!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by UpCastAlex View Post
    Hi, i got this asset. Im loving it, i would just like to know how to get the terrain material to work without flickering on a basic terrain. PM me if you could give any advice, id appreciate it.
    Hi, thank you! Sure, I will investigate. I haven't encountered a problem like this before, so I will need some screenshots and steps to reproduce. Sent you a PM.

Edit: Actually the message did not get sent, it says your PMs are not enabled... We can do it over email, poke me here: ales.cgmontreal@gmail.com

Edit 2: I did some testing, I created a new map and added new terrain, then I applied my terrain material to it and painted around. I tried it in 4.12 and 4.15 but wasn't able to reproduce any flickering. We will need to look at your case and figure it out.

Edit 3 (sorry ): Did some digging around and I think you are referring to this flickering issue when the terrain is flat on 0 height and is using tessellation.
    https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...lickering.html

There is an easy fix for it. Select your Landscape in world outliner and in details pannel scroll down to Landscape section. Change Negative ZBounds Extension to something like -100 and Positive ZBounds Extension to -1. It should fix the problem instantly.
    Last edited by RaaYaar; 04-09-2017, 01:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi, i got this asset. Im loving it, i would just like to know how to get the terrain material to work without flickering on a basic terrain. PM me if you could give any advice, id appreciate it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Lovely video like the stills, but I'd still like to see the modularity in action!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Beautiful work on these.
    I'm glad to see the rocks are all closed faced.
    They all blend together so beautifully. Well done sir.
    Last edited by Living Systems; 04-07-2017, 02:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Quick update, I added a video:
    https://youtu.be/DasaY5L0HX0

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yes I think with a video demo of the modularity it would be an instant buy for me too. Lovely aesthetic.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by raventhebird View Post
    one of the highest quality assets, good job
    Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by phantom530 View Post
    [MENTION=5595]RaaYaar[/MENTION], this looks fantastic. I have a few questions, though. What framerate do you get (and what are your computer specs? Is this intended for games or archvis? What are you planning for the future?
    Hey, thanks!

So, I did a quick test and here's what I get:
    Nvidia gtx 970, no overclocking, standalone game from editor, widowed at 1920x1080 -> seems to be locked at 62 frames, doesn't get higher nor lower :|
    When I bump it up to 3440x1400 resolution of my screen, the frames are between 32 and 40. But at that res even just empty scene with skybox gives me 52 frames...

The terrain slows it down a little, because I set the tesselation way too high to show the ground in those close up shots. There's no need to have it set this high in an actual game.

Yes, the pack is definitely intended for games, that's the main reason why I went with modularity. The cliffs and rocks are actually the lightest objects in the scene.

For the future, first I'll make sure I fix all potential issues with the pack. Then I'll add another medium rock (have it half finished) and then I'll see what are the needs of users. Maybe another cliff piece, some more detail overlay materials... I'm open to suggestions

Leave a comment:

• replied
    one of the highest quality assets, good job

Leave a comment:

• replied
    [MENTION=5595]RaaYaar[/MENTION], this looks fantastic. I have a few questions, though. What framerate do you get (and what are your computer specs? Is this intended for games or archvis? What are you planning for the future?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by SE_JonF View Post
    Very nice. Looks like a photo. =)
    Originally posted by OptimisticMonkey View Post
    Looks Awesome!

<digs in empty wallet>
    Originally posted by richardek View Post
    Sick!
    Originally posted by Luos View Post
    holy hnnng.
    Originally posted by macoll View Post
    Really good looking, gratz, 5 stars

PS: You forgot the beach umbrella
    Originally posted by apoisonedgift View Post
    These are absolutely stunning 0.o
    Thanks, guys and girls! Means a lot Macoll, I actually thought about it, but didn't have the time

Leave a comment:

Working...
X