No announcement yet.

UWorks (Steamworks C++/BP)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is steam workshop integration fully supported yet?

Comment

Originally posted by OpticalShadows View Post
      Is steam workshop integration fully supported yet?
      As far as I am aware, yes. I've heard from a client he was able to integrate it successfully in BPs and haven't heard of any issues with it so far. If there are issue with it, I'll fix them as I've done with other features so far.

Off-topic: Epic has asked for even more comments for USTRUCTs, UENUMs, UPROPERTYs and UCLASSs so I'll be uploading a new version very soon.

Comment

I am a little confused on the setup. I am following the steamworks API flowchart page found here

I am running into two problems. I can't seem to find SteamUGCQueryCompleted_t and the Send Query UCG Request says it should take a UCGQueryHandle however the blueprint node only takes in UWorksInterfaceClientUSG shown here:
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	22.0 KB
ID:	1132694

Comment

Originally posted by vlad.serbanescu11 View Post
          I've modified and resubmitted the plugin, as well as re-uploaded it on Gumroad and put it back up for sale. There are now absolutely zero legal concerns as it now relies 100% on the engine's built-in Steamworks module. This change comes with the following minor disadvantages for the current and future releases of this product:

• For binary/launcher versions of the engine, server-specific functionality requires 3 specific libraries to be copied manually to a particular folder in your engine. For the time being, please refer to this guide: https://allarsblog.com/2016/02/25/ba...amintegration/ at the section called "Note About Dedicated Server Support" which is located in the 2nd half of the page.

• For all engine builds: version control over the Steam SDK is now out of my hands. This is not expected to cause issues for the foreseeable future (1y+), but has the potential of becoming a minor inconvenient over time, as UWorks is now directly dependent on how often the engine team updates the Steam SDK. In any case, if the built-in engine version of the SDK ever turns into a problem, I will create a short guide on how to obtain and install the latest Steam SDK to the engine.
          Thanks for the effort, was really sad to see this being rejected but at the same understand them wanting to avoid any legal concerns no matter how small or big. Much prefer the Marketplace than Gumroad, so will wait until it gets accepted. Hopefully they'll do a better job keeping the Steam SDK up to date now that this plugin may become available. One would think that's the least they can do for saving them a huge amount of time and effort fixing their sorry excuse for Steam implementation(how come this is not of their interest seeing as how ridiculously huge Steam is?).

Been waiting for something like this and it will be more than well worth the money. The fact it even supports BP is just icing on the cake.

Great job guys, hope it gets accepted ASAP!

Comment

I am a little confused on the setup. I am following the steamworks API flowchart page found here

I am running into two problems. I can't seem to find SteamUGCQueryCompleted_t and the Send Query UCG Request says it should take a UCGQueryHandle however the blueprint node only takes in UWorksInterfaceClientUSG shown here:
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]152571[/ATTACH]
            Hey! That node is actually correct, the SendQueryUGCRequest() is an asynchronous call so that BP node returns a pointer to an object of type UUWorksRequestClientSendQueryUGCRequest which manages this call (the "Register CallResult" step is done by it, in the back). You need to use SetInput() to input the handle, bind OnRequestCompleted and then Activate(). There should be a comment on top of the node explaining this entire mechanism in detail. If not, you're probably using an older version and you can check the UWorksDemo video from the OP and the server browser example from the plugin's "Content" folder.

Let me know how it goes!

Originally posted by Dealman View Post
            Thanks for the effort, was really sad to see this being rejected but at the same understand them wanting to avoid any legal concerns no matter how small or big. Much prefer the Marketplace than Gumroad, so will wait until it gets accepted. Hopefully they'll do a better job keeping the Steam SDK up to date now that this plugin may become available. One would think that's the least they can do for saving them a huge amount of time and effort fixing their sorry excuse for Steam implementation(how come this is not of their interest seeing as how ridiculously huge Steam is?).

Been waiting for something like this and it will be more than well worth the money. The fact it even supports BP is just icing on the cake.

Great job guys, hope it gets accepted ASAP!
            It's so nice to hear people appreciating it for the C++ part with delegates and UObjects as well. Most buyers so far just use it in BP.

So thanks for the very kind words! I hope it gets accepted soon too!

Comment

Version 17-02 is now live on Gumroad and submitted to Epic! The main objectives of this version were to fix some issues and add more comments (yes, #Epic). You can find the notes here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/l8ptzhtv1m...es-02.txt?dl=0

Comment

Hey! That node is actually correct, the SendQueryUGCRequest() is an asynchronous call so that BP node returns a pointer to an object of type UUWorksRequestClientSendQueryUGCRequest which manages this call (the "Register CallResult" step is done by it, in the back). You need to use SetInput() to input the handle, bind OnRequestCompleted and then Activate(). There should be a comment on top of the node explaining this entire mechanism in detail. If not, you're probably using an older version and you can check the UWorksDemo video from the OP and the server browser example from the plugin's "Content" folder.
                This worked thank you!

However I am having trouble grabbing the Name of the Steam User that created the item. None of these options give me a user friendly string.

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	23.4 KB
ID:	1132734

Comment

This worked thank you!

However I am having trouble grabbing the Name of the Steam User that created the item. None of these options give me a user friendly string.
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]152679[/ATTACH]
                  GetIdentifier() returns the SteamID 64-bit representation as a string.

You probably want to use this: https://partner.steamgames.com/doc/a...serInformation
                  Code:
                  /**
                  * Requests the persona name and optionally the avatar of a specified user.
                  * It's a lot slower to download avatars and churns the local cache, so if you
                  * don't need avatars, don't request them.
                  * (P) SteamIDUser - The user to request the information of.
                  * (P) bRequireNameOnly - Retrieve the Persona name only (true)? Or both the
                  * name and the avatar (false)?
                  * (R) Triggers a PersonaStateChange_t callback. True means that the data has
                  * been requested and a PersonaStateChange_t callback will be posted when it's
                  * retrieved. False means we already have all the details about that user, and
                  * functions that require this information can be used immediately.
                  */
                  UFUNCTION(BlueprintCallable, Category = "UWorksCore||Client||Friends||Imports")
                  	bool RequestUserInformation(FUWorksSteamID SteamIDUser, bool bRequireNameOnly);

Comment

Versions 17-03 and 16-03 are now live on Gumroad! I will not submit these to Epic until it gets accepted (assuming it will ever get accepted). This is a massive update which adds about 100 new files and 14.000 new lines on top of the original 30.000 lines. The bulk of these additions are represented by 2 new asynchronous workflows (see screenshot below) and the OnlineSubsystemUWorks module (this currently has empty implementation and is essentially a big and well organized skeleton at this point). You can find the notes here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/u8bjdv8mkwukyny/UWorks-Notes-03.txt?dl=0

Name:	UWorksAsync.png
Views:	13
Size:	113.5 KB
ID:	1349082

Comment

Small reminder: if anyone is still using the very old 15-10/14-10 plugins, please let me know and I'll compile a special version which won't break BPs! There were very few customers who had the time window to buy and use these and I've tracked down most of them, but just in case I missed someone...

Comment

Which engine versions does this plugin support?
                        Easy to use UMG Mini Map on the UE4 Marketplace.
                        Forum thread: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-Plug-and-Play

Comment

Originally posted by John Alcatraz View Post
                          Which engine versions does this plugin support?
                          4.16/4.17 are currently up on Gumroad. As far as I know there are a few customers still using it on 4.15, but I removed the old 4.15 versions and haven't uploaded newer ones for it (though I sent a few "private" versions to 3 people recently). Should I compile a 4.15 one?

Off-topic: Updated thread stating which files are available and the change of plans with the documentation.

Comment

4.16/4.17 are currently up on Gumroad. As far as I know there are a few customers still using it on 4.15, but I removed the old 4.15 versions and haven't uploaded newer ones for it (though I sent a few "private" versions to 3 people recently). Should I compile a 4.15 one?
                            Does the plugin include the source? So, is it possible to compile it with any custom engine versions between 4.15 and 4.17?

Comment

Originally posted by John Alcatraz View Post

Does the plugin include the source? So, is it possible to compile it with any custom engine versions between 4.15 and 4.17?
                              Yep, full source code included so yes, you're definitely free to recompile it for custom engines. I tend to recommend everyone to join the Discord before buying so they can form an impression reading what other users and I have talked about and/or the announcements so far. It's around 80 people at the moment.

Comment

Yep, full source code included so yes, you're definitely free to recompile it for custom engines. I tend to recommend everyone to join the Discord before buying so they can form an impression reading what other users and I have talked about and/or the announcements so far. It's around 80 people at the moment.
                                Thanks! Sound good
                                Last edited by John Alcatraz; 09-07-2017, 12:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X