Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vlad.serbanescu11 View Post
    Thanks man!

I'll see what I can do with an authentication example! I'm a bit caught up at the moment with the docs and the OSU module, but I'll definitely look into it!

Some people have already bought it and I have had wonderful, positive reviews from all of those who've talked to me about the plugin. Discord server, for the interested/curious: https://discord.gg/9xhY2gr
    Awesome, im glad to hear that. It would also serve as a good proof-of-concept that the steam authentication can be implemented properly and fully working, it would make a definite key-feature of the plugin.
    Im placing an order and joining the discord soon.

Comment

Originally posted by MADHOUSE View Post
      Awesome, im glad to hear that. It would also serve as a good proof-of-concept that the steam authentication can be implemented properly and fully working, it would make a definite key-feature of the plugin.
      Im placing an order and joining the discord soon.
      That's always nice to hear!

Still doing my best to add the OSU module as soon as possible! Also, a heads-up for anyone else following this thread: still waiting on Epic's approval. If I knew the submission process can take this long, I probably would've waited a few more weeks before making the thread. But still... no regrets, feedback and sales have been wonderful even without the official MP support! Stay tuned!

Comment

Updated to 4.16, V11. Update is live on all 3 unofficial marketplaces.

Only fixed a minor issue with a filter and renamed the main module, "UWorks" to "UWorksCore", as I've started developing "UWorksSubsystem" in parallel.

Comment

Heads-up: it has been brought to my attention that the BPs contained in the 4.16 plugin on all 3 websites are not working. After some investigation, it seems that both backwards and forwards compatibility are broken/lacking when it comes to .uasset's contained inside the "/Content" folder of a plugin. This forces me to remake the BPs for each version of the plugin. For 4.16, I will be re-uploading the new package soon, today. For future released, I am considering moving the example BPs in a separate .uproject, but the distribution of that project still needs more thinking.

Sorry for this inconvenience, I will investigate further and probably post a bug report!

Comment

Just want to say that i sympathize with your behaviour in here. Keep up the great attitude and work!
            Don't need it yet, but will buy 100%.

Comment

Originally posted by duffte View Post
              Just want to say that i sympathize with your behaviour in here. Keep up the great attitude and work!
              Don't need it yet, but will buy 100%.
              Thanks! It's always nice to hear (read) stuff like this!

Re-uploaded the 4.16-1.1 version. This is a hotfix for the previously uploaded version with the same name. It fixes some naming inconsistencies, a few server async inconsistencies and the BPs. Enjoy!

EDIT: Removed the plugin from Sellfy. Those who bought it from there should be able to keep downloading the old files, for new files PM me with the receipt and I'll give you access on Gumroad/Itch.
              Last edited by vlad.serbanescu11; 05-29-2017, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Update: version 15-11 will probably break the BPs of version 15-10. This is caused by a small name change I made to differentiate the core module from the new subsystem module. This is what caused the example BPs in 16-11 to break.

My recommendation, for 15-10 users, is to wait a few more hours or a day so I can upload 15-11 and remove the 15-10 version from the internet. My apologies!

Comment

Eh,. you just released it when I almost finished my plugin that pretty much does the same. But I'm happy to see that great minds think similar. I hope it be on the market soon.

Comment

Originally posted by aumolac View Post
                    Eh,. you just released it when I almost finished my plugin that pretty much does the same. But I'm happy to see that great minds think similar. I hope it be on the market soon.
                    Competition is a good thing
                    Rule#21: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

Comment

Sunteți români?

(Are you Romanians?)

Comment

Originally posted by Midsoft Inc. View Post
                        Sunteți români?

(Are you Romanians?)
                        Hello! And yes. I replied on Discord as well, I'm easier to reach there. (it's only me now)

Comment

I'm interested in this but don't purchase packages not approved for the official marketplace, is this still being considered by Epic? Just looking for a status update on that.

Comment

I am also waiting for marketplace approval. I would need a significant price cut to get me to consider buying from another store.

Check out my discord -> https://discord.gg/kQdVwJ3

Follow us on twitter to get updates on new products and special offers -> https://twitter.com/BlackFangTech

Black Fang Technologies' products -> https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...20Technologies

Comment

Originally posted by Cr1tlord View Post
                              I'm interested in this but don't purchase packages not approved for the official marketplace, is this still being considered by Epic? Just looking for a status update on that.
                              Originally posted by BlackRang666 View Post
                              I am also waiting for marketplace approval. I would need a significant price cut to get me to consider buying from another store.
                              Valid points! I expected Epic's confirmation to be a very important element for a large number of potential buyers. Last update I received (2 days ago) was that I should hear from them next Monday with more information. I wish I had better or more detailed news to share.

In the mean-time, I've been working on the OSU module and on reworking the example project into a full and modular (but basic) shooter template to allow me to easily add examples to it. Both are still very WIP and docs still need taking care of, at least the introductory part.

P.S. To my knowledge, the Unity counterpart of this plugin used to sell for $200. Once I'll finish these additions I'm working on, I'll raise the price. Essentially, I'm designing it very modular and eventually I'd like to split it into 3-4 variants to appeal to a wider audience, for more affordable prices, but I have no way of estimating the feasibility of this idea right now. It's a risky move, from my side. To sum up, I'm not dropping the price below $85 any time soon.

Comment

@vlad.serbanescu11 Next Monday as in Monday the 27th or yesterday... ?

For anyone wondering, the current non-marketplace version of UWorks, while a WIP and requiring more documentation, is functional.

This is from a couple of weeks back:

(The server listed in red is using OSS to add itself to Steam - hence the lack of a proper server name and game mode)

We're currently using UWorks combined with OnlineSubsystemNull just fine.

The only reported issue I received from people testing it out was that they had to press refresh button.
                                Previous version of server browser automatically refreshed when open.
                                This one didn't.
                                Lazy buggers, I swear
                                Rule#21: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

Comment

Working...
                                X