Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by lordmortis View Post
    I have a patch that will enable this to work on macOS and windows if you're interested. Was a very small change. I can verify that setstats at least works.
    Of course! I'd really appreciate it! Just let me know which lines to change and I'll do it for the next version!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have a patch that will enable this to work on macOS and windows if you're interested. Was a very small change. I can verify that setstats at least works.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Short announcement:

By purchasing any 2 of the 3 light editions (Single Player / Multi-Player / Subsystem) you may request access to the full edition, therefore obtaining the third one for free! The purchases must be made on the same account. This is not an instant process.
    The intention is to encourage people to buy the lighter versions first, try them out, form an opinion and then reward them if they wish to buy more. As always, let me know your thoughts!

P.S. Vaei

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by vlad.serbanescu11 View Post

Yes, it's intentional and the full package is unchanged (same content it's always had). I've been planning and announcing since it hit the shelves, but it took a while to finish all the additions and fixes that it required. Do you absolutely need the full version, as opposed to one of the more specific ones? I haven't received any feedback about this move since I made it so I'm curious what you think.
    I think I'd use the features of the full version in the long run, so 'absolutely need' isn't how I'd phrase it but even at that price tag it's still worth it to me compared to how long it would take me to make it myself. I'm not sure if other people price plugins with that same mentality, though.

I wont need it for quite a while, my work keeps me far too busy to do my own stuff at least until we hit EA. Thanks for confirming

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Vaei View Post
    Regarding the new pricing and split packages, can you clarify something? The 'full package' is what UWorks was prior to the change? Because it now costs significantly more than before. I've had it bookmarked for when I get around to making something I actually need it for and noticed it went from ~$129 NZD to $172.48 NZD.

Not a criticism, I'm sure it's worth it's weight in gold, but is it intentional?
    Yes, it's intentional and the full package is unchanged (same content it's always had). I've been planning and announcing since it hit the shelves, but it took a while to finish all the additions and fixes that it required. Do you absolutely need the full version, as opposed to one of the more specific ones? I haven't received any feedback about this move since I made it so I'm curious what you think.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Regarding the new pricing and split packages, can you clarify something? The 'full package' is what UWorks was prior to the change? Because it now costs significantly more than before. I've had it bookmarked for when I get around to making something I actually need it for and noticed it went from ~$129 NZD to $172.48 NZD.

Not a criticism, I'm sure it's worth it's weight in gold, but is it intentional?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by JamesMugford View Post
    Thanks for the good information.

I'm wondering if you could provide a dif (or something similar) for the engine changes needed to get it running with 4.20.

We're contemplating the purchase but would need it to run on 4.20.

Thanks for what sounds like a great plugin.
    This link sums up the whole thing: https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...ml?sort=oldest

It's about the file OnlineSubsystemUtils.cpp, where you have to add the following macro: CREATE_HASH(TEXT("UWorks")).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks for the good information.

I'm wondering if you could provide a dif (or something similar) for the engine changes needed to get it running with 4.20.

We're contemplating the purchase but would need it to run on 4.20.

Thanks for what sounds like a great plugin.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Announcement from Discord:

Version 20-13 is live on Gumroad and submitted to Epic! I was unable to provide the promised examples in V13 so I will be providing them in V14. Instead, I've improved the entire example project's interface and made a few fixes. You can find the notes here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/tjc7lyeng4...ation.pdf?dl=1

Notes:

- I'm shutting down the Gumroad store. This is the last version I'm uploading to it. Those who don't have Marketplace access, send me your Gumroad receipt in private and your Epic e-mail!
    - I've posted 3 cheaper versions of UWorks, which you can find on my profile: https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...lad+Serbanescu
    - In 4.20, Epic has hard-coded their built-in subsystems, therefore making custom subsystems impossible to register without modifying the engine. Until this is fixed, only the NetDriver, the Core/Web modules and the example project will work work out of the box. You can read more about this issue over here: https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...ml?sort=oldest

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by calvin019 View Post
    how you get the example projects to work? Says this project does not have any source code.
    The example project is included in the plugin's content folder (check docs if you don't know how to view that in the engine). You can't work with the packaged example. That's intended only for running.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    how you get the example projects to work? Says this project does not have any source code.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    From my Discord:

"I'm working on the 4.20 release, but no, I don't have a "release date". Every once in a while, the work I need to do on UWorks overlaps work I need to do in some other areas that have to take priority. Now I'm back to working on it."

Leave a comment:

• replied
    No update or ETA ? There are load of errors when recompiling so i can't just update it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by MagicBots View Post

Thanks, it looks like I had the copy and paste issue you mention.
    I'm no longer getting the NetDriver errors, but it's still not showing up on the "internet" list.
    Is there something else I might be missing? Other things to check?

There's now just one error in my log:

LogLoad: Error: Failed to enter /UWorks/Match/UW-Match: . Please check the log for errors.

I checked the log under Saved/Logs, and no errors other than this one.

Is there anything else I might be missing?

I have this warning which may be relevant:
    [2018.07.09-10.50.16:023][ 0]LogOnline: Warning: OSS: AutoLogin missing AUTH_LOGIN=<login id>.

and a bunch of warnings about uassets being saved with an empty engine version, and may not be compatible, but i don't those are causing any issue.

Thanks again.
    Listen servers use lobbies in their implementation and dedicated servers may not show in the internet list on the same machine because Steam has a limitation there.

The warning you pasted is harmless. It's a left-over from Epic's code, which calls a login function for some reason, but it has no effect anywhere.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by vlad.serbanescu11 View Post
    MagicBots I didn't get a forum notification of your new reply :/

There is a common error that occurs when copy-pasting the config section from the docs. This leads to the "+NetDriverDefinitions" line being split in 2 lines. Check that, make sure it's only one line and it will work.

The "Token=xxx" line is meant to be used with persistent GameServer accounts ( https://steamcommunity.com/dev/managegameservers ). Typically, you don't need this and you should remove the entire line.
    Thanks, it looks like I had the copy and paste issue you mention.
    I'm no longer getting the NetDriver errors, but it's still not showing up on the "internet" list.
    Is there something else I might be missing? Other things to check?

There's now just one error in my log:

LogLoad: Error: Failed to enter /UWorks/Match/UW-Match: . Please check the log for errors.

I checked the log under Saved/Logs, and no errors other than this one.

Is there anything else I might be missing?

I have this warning which may be relevant:
    [2018.07.09-10.50.16:023][ 0]LogOnline: Warning: OSS: AutoLogin missing AUTH_LOGIN=<login id>.

and a bunch of warnings about uassets being saved with an empty engine version, and may not be compatible, but i don't those are causing any issue.

Thanks again.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X