UWorks (Steamworks C++/BP)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Very nice Plugin. Just had similar problems in the past months so this plugin comes quite handy for future projects.

How hard would it be to "switch" from your plugin to the default online subsystem if necessary? You are limited to Steam with this but in my case I would need to have one API for Steam as well as for Playstation Network. I think for steam I could use this plugin, but when packaging for Playstation I need to reimplement everything on that side. Or do you Plan to also Support PSN etc. In the future?

Also I would recommend a Code sample for Posting or Getting Player Stats to or from Steam. That was one of the Problems I encountered quite often with the default online subsystem. But as said, after figuring it out it provided me the ability to use one BP for PSN and Steam as well, so that would be nice.

Very cool plugin! (But scratching my head why Epic Games doesnt Do an Update for something that fundamental for Game Developers)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    We'd like to see what kind of demos would people want out-of-the-box.

What Steamworks feature do you wish to see implemented in an example?

Let us know and we'll see what we can do!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    UWorks Demo is up !

Features demonstrated:

- Intercepting Steam chat in your UE project
    - Browsing for Steam servers
    - Registering your UE project as a Steam server

Reviews would be much appreciated! Enjoy!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Looks like an awesome product and a great help to many people trying to get the most out of Steam!

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by OverRated_AU View Post
    Does this plugin offer steam authentication for blueprint?
    Theoretically, yes. At the moment, it's one of the less tested features, but I see no reason why it wouldn't work, as long as you know what you're doing. We won't be able to provide a sample for this out-of-the-box so you'd either have to wait a bit or rely on the official documentation once the plugin is released.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Does this plugin offer steam authentication for blueprint?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Sounds amazing. Don't make it too cheap. Properly working functionality and strong support is so much more important for this kind of stuff than saving a few bucks.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Looks/sounds awesome Can't wait to take this for a spin!

Leave a comment:

• started a poll UWorks (Steamworks C++/BP)

UWorks (Steamworks C++/BP)

Delete
    7.69%
    Poll
    96.15%

The poll is expired.

Marketplace

Welcome to the support thread for the UWorks plugin!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by vlad.serbanescu11; 09-20-2018, 02:44 PM.
Working...
X