UWorks (Steamworks C++/BP)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aidan Puche Yes, they are integrated.

CheapModeler Just sent the files to Epic. Gumroad has been updated.

Thegamerguynz There are examples in the plugin's content folder. I don't plan on making standalone tutorials in the near future. I am reworking the example project into a modular fashion, which will be available in the next version. That will allow me (or others) to easily add standalone examples to it.

Comment

I have the source 4.18.1 build how do i install this ?

Comment

Originally posted by skeeta92 View Post
        I have the source 4.18.1 build how do i install this ?
        1. Place the content of the downloaded archive inside YourEngineInstallation/Engine/Plugins/Marketplace.
        2. Open your project using the engine you have added the plugin to.
        3. Navigate to Edit > Plugins > Installed > Marketplace > UWorks.
        4. Check Enabled (the editor will prompt you to restart your project).

Comment

Thanks but the question i have is do i need to download the launcher version of the engine to install the plugin? Its not giving me the option to just install the plugin since i do have the source version installed.

Comment

Thanks but the question i have is do i need to download the launcher version of the engine to install the plugin? Its not giving me the option to just install the plugin since i do have the source version installed.
            Yes, you need to download a binary engine and install it via the Epic Games Launcher. That's not in my control, it's just how Epic wanted things to function.

Comment

Can someone help me with voice chat?

Comment

Can someone help me with voice chat?
                You have asked this in literally every channel in the Discord. I (and others) have asked you what is your problem, specifically? (I asked multiple times) You never reply. You expect someone else to do your work for you, while also guessing what you need.

Comment

Does this have a subsystem and steam authentication?

Comment

Originally posted by OverRated_AU View Post
                    Does this have a subsystem and steam authentication?
                    Subsystem, not yet. Authentication, yes.

Comment

Versions 18-08 and 17-08 are now live on Gumroad and submitted to Epic! This version focused on completing the UWorksWeb module and reworking the example. From now on, you can find all the notes in the documentation here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/tl82lngujv...ation.pdf?dl=1

Also, a reminder that UWorks is 30% off for the duration of the Holiday Sale!

Comment

This looks awesome. Just one quick question, sorry if it's dumb: Are you saying that I can use all the functions you showed in videos in C++ too? Just add your plugin, include your libraries and go?
                        If so, it's a must-buy for me!
                        Last edited by blueshifted; 01-04-2018, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by blueshifted View Post
                          This looks awesome. Just one quick question, sorry if it's dumb: Are you saying that I can use all the functions you showed in videos in C++ too? Just add your plugin, include your libraries and go?
                          If so, it's a must-buy for me!
                          Yes. Feel free to join the Discord before buying!

Comment

Hi Vlad,

Thank you for this amazing plugin. Your documentation mentions "Developers must utilize standalone testing. Play-In-Editor will not work.". Can you elaborate on the reason? I assume this has to do with an engine limitation or the way code plugins are loaded, but can you provide any details on it? I would like to investigate whether this limitation can be circumvented, as being able to use Steam features in PIE would be great for productivity.
                            Journeyman's Minimap - Available on Marketplace - Forum topic - Video

Comment

Originally posted by Zhi Kang Shao View Post
                              Hi Vlad,

Thank you for this amazing plugin. Your documentation mentions "Developers must utilize standalone testing. Play-In-Editor will not work.". Can you elaborate on the reason? I assume this has to do with an engine limitation or the way code plugins are loaded, but can you provide any details on it? I would like to investigate whether this limitation can be circumvented, as being able to use Steam features in PIE would be great for productivity.
                              Actually, it doesn't have anything to do with how plugins are loaded.

To be specific, it has to do with the way Steam's .dll links to the engine/project's process. Using PIE, the engine does NOT create an additional process and therefore Steam will assume the entire UE is your actual game (as a consequence, it will enable the overlay inside the editor itself). Standalone simply creates a new process and Steam is able to act as intended.

Therefore, it's definitely possible to link the editor as a game (a customer actually works that way when he designs user interfaces), but without modifying Valve's code (which is not only unavailable, but also definitely illegal to modify), it's not possible to make PIE work with Steam the same way standalone does.

Comment

Version 18-09 is now live on Gumroad and submitted to Epic! You can find the updated documentation here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/gbur3uuqmq...ation.pdf?dl=1

The list below represents the current completion state of the plugin:
                                ```Core: 100%
                                Web: 100%
                                Subsystem: 60%
                                Example: 100%```
                                For V09, my objectives were: implementing reliable NAT traversal, fixing dedicated servers and completing the example project. Though I've accomplished all 3 of them, I was forced to temporarily accept the following 2 compromises:

- Listen servers cannot be pinged at the moment (it's possible to script a custom BP ping, though).
                                - Direct IP connection is currently unusable ("open IPort" has been replaced with "open steam.ID").
                                - Not being able to provide a working session interface. Almost the exact logic to be used in the interface is currently contained within the Sessions example. So far, I wasn't able to find a suitable way to mix Epic's BP wrappers with that logic in C++, without side effects. Ultimately, it's likely that I will code a minimal amount of utilities for BP sessions.

A few more, general, notes:

- It's very likely that I had forgot to mention some minor changes in the V09 notes.
                                - I will only upload a 17-09 version if requested. It has a small ereor that I don't know how to fix at the moment.
                                - I will upload a 19-09 version as soon as Epic releases the related engine version.
                                - Marking the example as completed does not mean I will stop adding examples to it. It only means that I'm satisfied with it's modularity.
                                - I'm very interested in hearing feedback related to the new listen server mechanics and what examples should come next.
                                - I'm uploading a new example project (client + server) later today or tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                                X