Able Ability System Info and Support Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    For instance, right now I have an ability that spawns a projectile. When the projectile collides with a target it deals damage.

When I try to filter my self out, how would I go about that?

I know it has to do with getting the ability context, but that is in the Character BP not the projectile.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by AngeIV View Post

glad I could help. I'm taking tutorial requests by the way
    Could you do a basic tutorial on how to stun a target that is hit?

More specifically in a multiplayer game, when a player has the Stun tag applied to them how do you check if they're stunned and how would you go about applying it?

If I could understand this, then I could understand a whole lot more about the Able system. I think it would be a good video on how to explain the process.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by chaule192 View Post
    Hi all - For the "Play Animation" Task, I could not see my Sequences and Montages worked in the Able Review Viewport with the Single Mode and Dynamic Montage option (*).
    Will try on the Ability Animation Mode, but for (*), is it required any prerequisite setup?
    No. Just make sure you have an Able Ability Component on whatever your preview actor is. Able tries to add one at runtime if it's not there - but that seems to not take always.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by mnorris54 View Post

Awesome video, your game is completely different then mine; mine is more RPG spell oriented. So my basic melee attacks are not as important. But I will definitely re watch this when I am setting up tags. Thanks so much the branching you did will help me a lot
    glad I could help. I'm taking tutorial requests by the way

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi all - For the "Play Animation" Task, I could not see my Sequences and Montages worked in the Able Review Viewport with the Single Mode and Dynamic Montage option (*).
    Will try on the Ability Animation Mode, but for (*), is it required any prerequisite setup?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ExtraLifeMatt Update documentation so I don't get lost in the fog on something I haven't done before... and a list of tutorials to cover.. I can do it
    Awesome video, your game is completely different then mine; mine is more RPG spell oriented. So my basic melee attacks are not as important. But I will definitely re watch this when I am setting up tags. Thanks so much the branching you did will help me a lot

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ExtraLifeMatt Update documentation so I don't get lost in the fog on something I haven't done before... and a list of tutorials to cover.. I can do it

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I see... ok I'll visit it again and see how can I make use of it
    Thanks a lot for the help Matt

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Raed Abbas View Post
    I thought that to but it asks for a Event Name! So, that got me confused how to use it properly,
    The "Event Name" is just a string that helps you identify which Task/Targeting/etc is calling into the Ability BP. It's entirely optional.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    mnorris54 ExtraLifeMatt

I'll be more than happy to do examples for ABLE on requests This is a very complex system example but I could do simple ones as well.
    VERY Tempting. Roland_Price wants to help on fixing up the documentation to (which means it'll finally get some love since I'm swamped). Let me think on it some more, but I'm definitely interested.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I thought that to but it asks for a Event Name! So, that got me confused how to use it properly,

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Today is my "Able" day hahaha
    I was trying to add a custom condition but there isn't much I can do. How does it work?
    you have to overwrite a proper function on the back end. normally the function just returns true.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Today is my "Able" day hahaha
    I was trying to add a custom condition but there isn't much I can do. How does it work?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Annotation 2020-07-16 170213.png
Views:	111
Size:	17.6 KB
ID:	1789024

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi,
    I'm using this setup but my character is not filtering self. I tried filter self and owner but still damage is applied for my PlayerCharacter anyway. Any ideas?

Name:	Annotation 2020-07-16 142856.png
Views:	98
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	1788957
    Found it... I had this set to self

Name:	Annotation 2020-07-16 160604.png
Views:	106
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	1788998

Leave a comment:

• replied
    mnorris54 ExtraLifeMatt

I'll be more than happy to do examples for ABLE on requests This is a very complex system example but I could do simple ones as well.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X