Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Able v3.38 submitted. Notes below:

Able v3.38

- Fix to 2D Cone query/targeting including targets outside of the FOV when the FOV is > 180.

- Fix to 2D/3D Cone targeting not working at certain rotations.

- When removing a Task, any reference to that Task in other Task's Dependencies is removed as well.

- Play Particle Effect Scale / Dynamic Scale are now runtime bindable properties.

- Fixed a warning about uninitialized data in CollisionResponsePair when building packages.

- When an Ability is successfully predicted and verified, that prediction is consumed. This should lead to less false positives.

- 'FlushServerMoves' is now called before Abilities execute on the local client, this should allow Abilities to play nicer with server correction (e.g., Turn to, Animation with Root Movement, etc).
    Able Ability System - A high performance, robust ability system for UE4. Now Available!

Comment

Any chance with fixing thumbnails?
      How to create first person shooter game from scratch. Lots of tutorials: http://www.shootertutorial.com - celebrating 50th Tutorial!

My Marketplace Assets

Comment

Originally posted by intoxicat3 View Post
        Any chance with fixing thumbnails?
        Not yet, sorry, still looking at it.
        Able Ability System - A high performance, robust ability system for UE4. Now Available!

Comment

when destroying large amounts of enemies at once that are all using the able system and using abilities on me too. I get this error

Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x00000000

UE4Editor_AbleCore!UAblPlayParticleEffectTask::OnTaskStart() [D:\Build\++Portal+Promotion\Sync\LocalBuilds\PluginTemp\HostProject\Plugins\Able\Source\AbleCore\Private\Tasks\ablPlayParticleEffectTask.cpp:122]
          UE4Editor_AbleCore!UAblAbilityInstance::InternalUpdateTasks() [D:\Build\++Portal+Promotion\Sync\LocalBuilds\PluginTemp\HostProject\Plugins\Able\Source\AbleCore\Private\ablAbilityInstance.cpp:611]
          UE4Editor_AbleCore!TGraphTask<FAsyncAbilityInstanceUpdaterTask>::ExecuteTask() [D:\RocketSync\4.25.0-13144385+++UE4+Release-4.25\Working\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\Async\TaskGraphInterfaces.h:849]
          UE4Editor_Core
          UE4Editor_Core
          UE4Editor_Core
          UE4Editor_Engine
          UE4Editor_Engine
          UE4Editor_Engine
          UE4Editor_Engine
          UE4Editor_UnrealEd
          UE4Editor_UnrealEd
          UE4Editor
          UE4Editor
          UE4Editor
          UE4Editor
          UE4Editor
          kernel32
          ntdll

realistically in the future i wont be just destroying my enemies, they will be removed over time and just disabled so this probably won't really matter, but thought id report it.

Comment

Originally posted by shain1234 View Post
            when destroying large amounts of enemies at once that are all using the able system and using abilities on me too. I get this error

Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x00000000

UE4Editor_AbleCore!UAblPlayParticleEffectTask::OnTaskStart() [D:\Build\++Portal+Promotion\Sync\LocalBuilds\PluginTemp\HostProject\Plugins\Able\Source\AbleCore\Private\Tasks\ablPlayParticleEffectTask.cpp:122]
            UE4Editor_AbleCore!UAblAbilityInstance::InternalUpdateTasks() [D:\Build\++Portal+Promotion\Sync\LocalBuilds\PluginTemp\HostProject\Plugins\Able\Source\AbleCore\Private\ablAbilityInstance.cpp:611]
            UE4Editor_AbleCore!TGraphTask<FAsyncAbilityInstanceUpdaterTask>::ExecuteTask() [D:\RocketSync\4.25.0-13144385+++UE4+Release-4.25\Working\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\Async\TaskGraphInterfaces.h:849]
            UE4Editor_Core
            UE4Editor_Core
            UE4Editor_Core
            UE4Editor_Engine
            UE4Editor_Engine
            UE4Editor_Engine
            UE4Editor_Engine
            UE4Editor_UnrealEd
            UE4Editor_UnrealEd
            UE4Editor
            UE4Editor
            UE4Editor
            UE4Editor
            UE4Editor
            kernel32
            ntdll

realistically in the future i wont be just destroying my enemies, they will be removed over time and just disabled so this probably won't really matter, but thought id report it.
            Yea the Target is getting destroyed out from under the Task. I can make it a bit more robust there. Generally you want particle effects and such to be played on the actor they are for (via a passive - so, if I hit something, I tell the actor I hit to play the "HitEffect" passive which has the particle effect + sound) - this will prevent the target from disappearing on the Task as abilities playing on an Actor are stopped during destruction.

Comment

Hey, is there any way when using Ability Animation Node to speed up the ability play rate? Right now it seems to break the animation or not work fully with any settings. Lemme know if there's something I'm missing please

Comment

Originally posted by mnorris54 View Post
                Hey, is there any way when using Ability Animation Node to speed up the ability play rate? Right now it seems to break the animation or not work fully with any settings. Lemme know if there's something I'm missing please
                There is both an Ability Play Rate, and an Animation Play Rate. There is also an option to apply the Ability Play Rate to the Animation automatically.

Comment

Okay I’ll try again tonight, maybe Change the ability play rate outside of the ability. Or in it. But so far it works it just doesn’t reset the animation at the end correctly. It hangs for the duration of the ability, and changing the ability time doesn’t fix it, it will still hang for what the ability time was before changing it.

Comment

Got it to work, thank you.

another question, is there a way to get sounds to play with an attenuation attached and have them multicasted to the clients? A way to get the sounds to replicate inside Able or should I just do it outside of it?

Comment

Originally posted by mnorris54 View Post
                      Got it to work, thank you.

another question, is there a way to get sounds to play with an attenuation attached and have them multicasted to the clients? A way to get the sounds to replicate inside Able or should I just do it outside of it?
                      There is a Play Sound task in Able. I don't think it has any attenuation parameters or such though, so you would need a Custom Task for something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by ExtraLifeMatt View Post

There is a Play Sound task in Able. I don't think it has any attenuation parameters or such though, so you would need a Custom Task for something like that.
                        All good, I realized shortly after that with jumping/leveling/getting hit you need to play the sounds outside of able anyways.

Comment

There should a task "play sound attached" as blueprint node of the same type has all the audio component options - including set of in cue parameters. that would be helpful. the play sound as is in able is "play sound 2d"

Comment

Originally posted by AngeIV View Post
                            There should a task "play sound attached" as blueprint node of the same type has all the audio component options - including set of in cue parameters. that would be helpful. the play sound as is in able is "play sound 2d"
                            Sure, I can see about adding that.

Comment

Hey i've had a recurring problem with Able. In the picture this attack is not registering a collision. I'm going to try and update, but it seems the enemy has to have the majority of their collision capsule inside of the cone for it to trigger a collision. And with any of the other collision query types; box, sphere etc they don't seem to work at all. I've been able to make this work by using 2d cones, but it seems that now I'm running on a dedicated server it doesn't register 75-90% of the close calls.
                              https://imgur.com/a/1dtpClO

Comment

ExtraLifeMatt Found another (minor) thing:
                                - Use Play Sound task with cue that will have attenuation override asset,
                                - It won't be played as it's looking for Editor Viewport location instead of your custom viewport location, (eg. if you are near 0,0,0 at your editor viewport sound will trigger) ( FAudioDevice::CreateComponent )

So basically I need to check Sound2D for those when testing in the timeline and I can forget to set it back to false Hope you will have some time to investigate it.
                                How to create first person shooter game from scratch. Lots of tutorials: http://www.shootertutorial.com - celebrating 50th Tutorial!

My Marketplace Assets

Comment

Working...
                                X