Able Ability System Info and Support Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello ExtraLifeMatt ,
    First thank you very much for all the help you give and for a wonderful asset, Able. I was wondering if the tutorial will be updated with some new features and more practices? The current videos are 3 years old. The current version, 4.25, look different from the videos. Same functionalities so I didn't have any issues but it ill be nice to explore some of the new features please!
    My other question, actually the main one, how can use Able in PS4 build editor?

Many thanks
    Raed Abbas
    Multiplayer Game System (MGS) | Nice Inventory System | Nice Lobby System
    Dynamic Shared Camera

IMDB
    FACEBOOK

Comment

Originally posted by Raed Abbas View Post
      Hello ExtraLifeMatt ,
      First thank you very much for all the help you give and for a wonderful asset, Able. I was wondering if the tutorial will be updated with some new features and more practices? The current videos are 3 years old. The current version, 4.25, look different from the videos. Same functionalities so I didn't have any issues but it ill be nice to explore some of the new features please!
      My other question, actually the main one, how can use Able in PS4 build editor?

Many thanks
      New videos are on my list (along with document updates), it's just finding time. But, yea, I've definitely wanted to do a new "feature overview" for Able since all the updates over the years.

Able should just work with UE4 PS4 enabled editor. That's what I use to test on. Or are you trying to run Able's Editor within a PS4 app somehow?
      Able Ability System - A high performance, robust ability system for UE4. Now Available!

Comment

Hi,
        I'm using this setup but my character is not filtering self. I tried filter self and owner but still damage is applied for my PlayerCharacter anyway. Any ideas?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Annotation 2020-07-16 142856.png
Views:	107
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	1788957
        Raed Abbas
        Dynamic Shared Camera

IMDB
        FACEBOOK

Comment

Originally posted by ExtraLifeMatt View Post
          New videos are on my list (along with document updates), it's just finding time. But, yea, I've definitely wanted to do a new "feature overview" for Able since all the updates over the years.
          Awesome, can't wait

Originally posted by ExtraLifeMatt View Post
          Able should just work with UE4 PS4 enabled editor. That's what I use to test on. Or are you trying to run Able's Editor within a PS4 app somehow?
          I just wonder how to install the plugin in the engine. At the moment I copy Able into my project's plugins folder but that makes it available for that project only. Is there a way I could install it to the editor instead?
          Raed Abbas
          Dynamic Shared Camera

IMDB
          FACEBOOK

Comment

mnorris54 ExtraLifeMatt

I'll be more than happy to do examples for ABLE on requests This is a very complex system example but I could do simple ones as well.

Comment

Hi,
              I'm using this setup but my character is not filtering self. I tried filter self and owner but still damage is applied for my PlayerCharacter anyway. Any ideas?

Name:	Annotation 2020-07-16 142856.png
Views:	107
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	1788957
              Found it... I had this set to self

Name:	Annotation 2020-07-16 160604.png
Views:	123
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	1788998
              Raed Abbas
              Dynamic Shared Camera

IMDB
              FACEBOOK

Comment

Today is my "Able" day hahaha
                I was trying to add a custom condition but there isn't much I can do. How does it work?

Name:	Annotation 2020-07-16 170213.png
Views:	131
Size:	17.6 KB
ID:	1789024
                Raed Abbas
                Dynamic Shared Camera

IMDB
                FACEBOOK

Comment

Today is my "Able" day hahaha
                  I was trying to add a custom condition but there isn't much I can do. How does it work?
                  you have to overwrite a proper function on the back end. normally the function just returns true.

Comment

I thought that to but it asks for a Event Name! So, that got me confused how to use it properly,
                    Raed Abbas
                    Dynamic Shared Camera

IMDB
                    FACEBOOK

Comment

Originally posted by AngeIV View Post
                      mnorris54 ExtraLifeMatt

I'll be more than happy to do examples for ABLE on requests This is a very complex system example but I could do simple ones as well.
                      VERY Tempting. Roland_Price wants to help on fixing up the documentation to (which means it'll finally get some love since I'm swamped). Let me think on it some more, but I'm definitely interested.
                      Able Ability System - A high performance, robust ability system for UE4. Now Available!

Comment

I thought that to but it asks for a Event Name! So, that got me confused how to use it properly,
                        The "Event Name" is just a string that helps you identify which Task/Targeting/etc is calling into the Ability BP. It's entirely optional.

Comment

I see... ok I'll visit it again and see how can I make use of it
                          Thanks a lot for the help Matt
                          Raed Abbas
                          Dynamic Shared Camera

IMDB
                          FACEBOOK

Comment

ExtraLifeMatt Update documentation so I don't get lost in the fog on something I haven't done before... and a list of tutorials to cover.. I can do it

Comment

Originally posted by AngeIV View Post
                              ExtraLifeMatt Update documentation so I don't get lost in the fog on something I haven't done before... and a list of tutorials to cover.. I can do it
                              Awesome video, your game is completely different then mine; mine is more RPG spell oriented. So my basic melee attacks are not as important. But I will definitely re watch this when I am setting up tags. Thanks so much the branching you did will help me a lot

Comment

Hi all - For the "Play Animation" Task, I could not see my Sequences and Montages worked in the Able Review Viewport with the Single Mode and Dynamic Montage option (*).
                                Will try on the Ability Animation Mode, but for (*), is it required any prerequisite setup?

Comment

Working...
                                X