No announcement yet.

Able Ability System Info and Support Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That doesn't seem to work. It's saying it can't find the asset manager.

Comment

Never mind! I forgot I had overridden the asset manager. I switched it back in the Engine.ini and it fixed everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Ordrik View Post
        Never mind! I forgot I had overridden the asset manager. I switched it back in the Engine.ini and it fixed everything.
        Glad you figured it out.
        Able Ability System - A high performance, robust ability system for UE4. Now Available!

Comment

ExtraLifeMatt HELP! I made abilities that branch and they work absolutely perfect on sever. wont work on dedicated servers client. I mean they DO work, but they always branch.
          Heres the setup:
          Melee start - Check if can trigger.
          Ok run
          Theres a branch condition on 90% ability - IF Input -hold (negate) than branch to ability fast attack. (in general if you hold and charge heavy attach it will go to next branch.. if you release while branching it will perform quick attack instead)
          Another branch 90-100% of ability - takes you to heavy attack idle - a channeled ability.

My problem: On dedicated server the client instantly goes into fast attack. 1-2 frames and whoop! fast attack.
          What am I missing to make it work on dedicated server?
          Attached Files

Comment

I also checked if I activate the ability on owner correctly? Both activation on a component and from context both doesn't work. if host use ability host sees it perfectly - client at all. if client activate the ability it executes with early mentioned auto-branch immediately both on client and server.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	ability-activation.JPG
Views:	170
Size:	147.7 KB
ID:	1753877

Comment

OH and looping doesn't work for animations that are run as dynamic montage. Also If you have multiple slots in multiple GRPUPS it will take first default group.. Lucky for me its the ability group. it finds the slot in that group perfectly... but anim montage works only if I state target as "UpperBody" for example.. instead of correctly "Ability.UpperBody". as it could be "additivePose.UpperBody"

Comment

Originally posted by AngeIV View Post
                OH and looping doesn't work for animations that are run as dynamic montage. Also If you have multiple slots in multiple GRPUPS it will take first default group.. Lucky for me its the ability group. it finds the slot in that group perfectly... but anim montage works only if I state target as "UpperBody" for example.. instead of correctly "Ability.UpperBody". as it could be "additivePose.UpperBody"
                I know of one bug with input conditionals which I have a fix for that sounds eerily similar to the bug you reported. Should be out early next week. I can check the looping on dynamic montages as well. The group name should be working properly, that's something I just pass along to UE's animation system. Able doesn't do anything to that value, but I can double check that as well.
                Able Ability System - A high performance, robust ability system for UE4. Now Available!

Comment

ExtraLifeMatt Can I cancel ability on input? Similar to channeling check - except channeling is only for Active abilities.. Is there anything for passive? For now I have a short ability 0.5s and its looping so I just check on "CanLoopExecuteBP"

Comment

Originally posted by ExtraLifeMatt View Post

I know of one bug with input conditionals which I have a fix for that sounds eerily similar to the bug you reported. Should be out early next week. I can check the looping on dynamic montages as well. The group name should be working properly, that's something I just pass along to UE's animation system. Able doesn't do anything to that value, but I can double check that as well.
                    I will try to keep my ability count low and test them singleplayer for now until the update.
                    Please tell me - can I somehow get notified that a new ability is running, so I can add it to HUD in some way? Or I must add this PER ability and copy functionality and jsut use abiltiy start/ability end?

Comment

ExtraLifeMatt I know I can be a pain in the *** but one last question - As I got I think everything working as I wanted ... If my abilities are previewed od some chracter class - BUT in the execution I use zero casts, zero animations that are one skeleton specific (i dont run animations at all.. just gameplay tags) and only call events and interfaces, and ask for variables on interfaces... this ability should work on any character that use the interface.. or even pawn.. or object as far as it matters right? So an ability made for human will work on a dragon, or magic item - as long as it implements interfaces, or has proper component that the ability use?

Comment

I will try to keep my ability count low and test them singleplayer for now until the update.
                        Please tell me - can I somehow get notified that a new ability is running, so I can add it to HUD in some way? Or I must add this PER ability and copy functionality and jsut use abiltiy start/ability end?
                        You can just have your HUD ask the player for all running Abilities when it updates. That's how I would do it. That way the HUD is just reading from the player, it doesn't require any cross communication.
                        ExtraLifeMatt I know I can be a pain in the *** but one last question - As I got I think everything working as I wanted ... If my abilities are previewed od some chracter class - BUT in the execution I use zero casts, zero animations that are one skeleton specific (i dont run animations at all.. just gameplay tags) and only call events and interfaces, and ask for variables on interfaces... this ability should work on any character that use the interface.. or even pawn.. or object as far as it matters right? So an ability made for human will work on a dragon, or magic item - as long as it implements interfaces, or has proper component that the ability use?
                        Yea, Abilities will run on whatever, as long as they have an Ability Component. If you are using a common interface for variables, then that code would only work on objects that inherit from that interface. But, to Able, it doesn't make a difference.

Comment

ExtraLifeMatt For stacking passive abilities I managed to refresh ability time when applied new stack etc... However is it possible to when ability end remove one stack, instead of all at once? For example I have a channeled ability... the longer you hold it - the more stacks of something you gain.... when you stop channeling the stacks of passive decay - however one every 6 seconds... Now they all end in 6 seconds.

Comment

ExtraLifeMatt For stacking passive abilities I managed to refresh ability time when applied new stack etc... However is it possible to when ability end remove one stack, instead of all at once? For example I have a channeled ability... the longer you hold it - the more stacks of something you gain.... when you stop channeling the stacks of passive decay - however one every 6 seconds... Now they all end in 6 seconds.
                            Sure, I can add that option.

Comment

Originally posted by ExtraLifeMatt View Post

Sure, I can add that option.
                              that would be amazing!

Comment

Able v3.30 has been submitted:

• Added 4.25 support
                                • Re-wrote prediction system to use key values. This should allow Able to support higher lag situations and better avoid falsely playing the same Ability that a client has already played. I've run it through its paces locally, but obviously keep an eye out for any weird prediction issues and let me know.
                                • Fix to Input Conditional not working as expected in networked titles. (h/t Jeremy).
                                • Added "DecrementAndReset" option for Stacks when they complete. This decrements the stack count and resets the Ability time.
                                • Added "Team Attitude" filter to collision filters. (h/t Jeremy).
                                • Fix to 2D Cone debug rendering in the editor (h/t Jeremy).

Comment

Working...
                                X