Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by riuthamus View Post
    Do you plan on adding more tutorial videos? the last one was May. Just wondering.
    I do them when I get a particularly good (or frequent) question, or random inspiration. So, maybe?

EDIT: Is there a tutorial you were hoping for? I'm always open to ideas.
    Last edited by ExtraLifeMatt; 01-28-2018, 09:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Do you plan on adding more tutorial videos? the last one was May. Just wondering.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Menelin View Post
    Able is causing my project to crash when I test it in a standalone window.
    https://pastebin.com/mMzcbFz5
    See this post on how to fix that (requires Engine source):

https://forums.unrealengine.com/unre...53#post1411553

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Able is causing my project to crash when I test it in a standalone window.
    https://pastebin.com/mMzcbFz5
    Last edited by Menelin; 01-28-2018, 04:51 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by AngeIV View Post
    2 problems:
    1- the ue 4.18 stock engine crashes when ability is using sweep cone 3d query 2d doesn't crash.
    2 - quite big. when using dynamic montage as part of ability when the ability ends, no matter what the blend time is in montage or in ability it blends until certain point and then it just TEAR and isntantly jumps into animgraph. when im using anim montage directly they work juat fine. when using tchem as part of ABLE they just break a little. any idea on a fix for that one? also at end of montage it rotates me toward control rotation. not smoothly as my animgraph and setup should.. just teleporting to the rotation.
    Weird... Not sure why 3D wouldn't work... The only difference between the two is a bit more math. But I'll check it out.

Dynamic montages are weird - they're effectively "Fire and Forget", I really suggest you use the Ability Animation Node if you can as it gives you far more control and will automatically blend between ability animations.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    2 problems:
    1- the ue 4.18 stock engine crashes when ability is using sweep cone 3d query 2d doesn't crash.
    2 - quite big. when using dynamic montage as part of ability when the ability ends, no matter what the blend time is in montage or in ability it blends until certain point and then it just TEAR and isntantly jumps into animgraph. when im using anim montage directly they work juat fine. when using tchem as part of ABLE they just break a little. any idea on a fix for that one? also at end of montage it rotates me toward control rotation. not smoothly as my animgraph and setup should.. just teleporting to the rotation.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Odd. The problem fixed itself after restarting Unreal.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    On one project, that setup was working fine for applying tags. On this one the tag never gets applied through the ability, but it can be applied in other ways. I was hoping you'd come across that issue before.
    Nope, I've never seen that before. Sounds like you may have a weird config file that isn't properly referencing the Tags outside of the Editor. I'd make sure you have the tags properly setup in your project options / tweak some setting so it gets re-saved, and try again.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    On one project, that setup was working fine for applying tags. On this one the tag never gets applied through the ability, but it can be applied in other ways. I was hoping you'd come across that issue before.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Do you know the solution to my other problem with the ability tag?
    I don't quite understand your issue, looks you have it set properly on all the images you showed.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X