Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by TheNoontide View Post

Yep, ran it on 4.17 and no problems yet, only little bug I encountered was a compiler result "unrecognized tab" whenever I create a new Able Blueprint. Abiliy Animation Node is working too!

Not yet managed to work out how to add some spread and recoil to my raycasts, if someone has another hint, I'm all ears and eyes ! I'll promise to highlight the use of Able if I ever get to record my WIP stuff ^^
    Originally posted by ExtraLifeMatt View Post

I haven't received an email from Epic so I don't think so? They have it so hopefully it'll go out soon.
    Sooooo ........ lol.
    I assume hes running the 4.16 in 4.17?
    Now i am confused.

I am also running 4.17 and on open, i get TONS of ABLE errors (because its missing, so, they are 100% expected)
    ^^ nevermind. Looks like it updated but the launcher needed to restart. I hate the launcher.....

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by AP_Studios View Post
    did the update go live? i dont see the update on launcher
    Yep, ran it on 4.17 and no problems yet, only little bug I encountered was a compiler result "unrecognized tab" whenever I create a new Able Blueprint. Abiliy Animation Node is working too!

Not yet managed to work out how to add some spread and recoil to my raycasts, if someone has another hint, I'm all ears and eyes ! I'll promise to highlight the use of Able if I ever get to record my WIP stuff ^^

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by AP_Studios View Post
    I haven't received an email from Epic so I don't think so? They have it so hopefully it'll go out soon.

Leave a comment:

• replied

When you go to Apply the Burn, you could query the Passives already running on the target and then just apply the longer version(Burn2, Burn3, etc). Able expects Abilities to be unique, so you can't have two Burns running on a target (merely 2 stacks of the same Burn ability). So you'll need to break them out into discrete Abilities (even if they are simple copy/pastes) anyway.

An Ability scale sounds like a good idea, I'll add that for the next update (there may be some trickiness with getting Animations/Particles scaled but it should be do-able). You can already override the cooldown length, but that doesn't help much in your use case.
    Thank you for the answers!

Alright good to know, I'll figure something out then.

Awesome !! I'll glady wait for that update then <3

Leave a comment:

• replied

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Kelreth View Post

Okay so I've found a workaround for 1) just make the ability that will be activated during another ability passive
    and for 2) ive already listed some solutions, i guess i'll just try around with that and take whatever works best ;P

but does anyone have a solution for my third question? is this something Able supports or do I have to write my own logic for that?
    and about casting Abilities: what if one player has - lets say - a powerUp that lets him cast 50% quicker for a short amount of time.
    That would mean reducing the length of an Able Ability by 50% for one player but not for the other. Any way to achieve this within Able?
    As far as i can tell you can only "get Length" of an Ability, but never set it (in Blueprints). Any chance this will ever be introduced? (maybe as a "length scale"?)

The only current solution I would find is to craft a custom Cast-time System and fire a 0.0001 second Able Ability at the end of the cast.
    However that would make me have to do all the networked Animations, Sounds, Particles etc..., which Able does so beautifully, myself.
    When you go to Apply the Burn, you could query the Passives already running on the target and then just apply the longer version(Burn2, Burn3, etc). Able expects Abilities to be unique, so you can't have two Burns running on a target (merely 2 stacks of the same Burn ability). So you'll need to break them out into discrete Abilities (even if they are simple copy/pastes) anyway.

An Ability scale sounds like a good idea, I'll add that for the next update (there may be some trickiness with getting Animations/Particles scaled but it should be do-able). You can already override the cooldown length, but that doesn't help much in your use case.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Kelreth View Post
    Hey! Fairly new to able so they're probably easy-to-solve, but I've got three quick questions, would greatly appreciate if anyone could help me with them

So I'm trying to create a Fireball that needs to be cast (in this example 0.7s) and after that fires it's Projectile (if the cast was not interrupted).
    How I'm doing that currently (any better solutions, especially when I want to modify cast-times in-game later?):

Have an Ability activate upon Input that starts a 0.7s long Ability. At 0.6999 I spawn an Actor that has a Sphere Collider and the Particle System attached.
    If the Collider touches another Character a second Activity is played for 0.0001s that deals damage and plays a passive "Burn" ability on the target hit.

Soooo, to my questions:

1) How could I go about having an Ability that I can activate DURING the Fireballs cast-time but that would NOT cancel it's cast? For example let the player activate an Ability where he teleports a set distance or let him move (quicker) while casting the Spell.

2) About moving while casting: What would be the best solution to make players move at only lets say 20% of their speed while casting any Ability? Slow them down manually in "On Ability Start" and then speed them up again in "On Ability End"? Or applying a passive ability that lasts until the cast is done? Or maybe use Gameplay Tags in some fashion?

3) About the "Burn" passive. I would like it to apply a completely separate Burn instead of Stacking and/or refreshing the Duration of the old one. So if the target player has a Burn on him that's still lasting 3 seconds I want that Burn to stay untouched and apply a new, completely independent Burn, even though it comes from the same Fireball Ability.
    I haven't quite figured out a way to do this since the checkboxes under "Passive" only allow for Stacking and Refreshing mechanics (as far as I know?).
    Okay so I've found a workaround for 1) just make the ability that will be activated during another ability passive
    and for 2) ive already listed some solutions, i guess i'll just try around with that and take whatever works best ;P

but does anyone have a solution for my third question? is this something Able supports or do I have to write my own logic for that?
    and about casting Abilities: what if one player has - lets say - a powerUp that lets him cast 50% quicker for a short amount of time.
    That would mean reducing the length of an Able Ability by 50% for one player but not for the other. Any way to achieve this within Able?
    As far as i can tell you can only "get Length" of an Ability, but never set it (in Blueprints). Any chance this will ever be introduced? (maybe as a "length scale"?)

The only current solution I would find is to craft a custom Cast-time System and fire a 0.0001 second Able Ability at the end of the cast.
    However that would make me have to do all the networked Animations, Sounds, Particles etc..., which Able does so beautifully, myself.

Leave a comment:

• replied

Yay! That makes me stupid happy to hear!
    Hahaha, my family always used to say that phrase xD It's odd reading a stranger post that online LOL

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by TheNoontide View Post
    Finally got my combos working, thanks for the update!
    Yay! That makes me stupid happy to hear!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Finally got my combos working, thanks for the update!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X