No announcement yet.

Able Ability System Info and Support Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you have an updated tutorial on beams? I can't follow chain lightning tutorial.

Comment

Originally posted by TVwj View Post
      Do you have an updated tutorial on beams? I can't follow chain lightning tutorial.
      What specifically are you having a problem with? Beams should be relatively unchanged.
      Able Ability System - A high performance, robust ability system for UE4. Now Available!

Comment

Originally posted by ExtraLifeMatt View Post

What specifically are you having a problem with? Beams should be relatively unchanged.
        Sorry I should have been more specific. I do not see a "beam" section in the "play particle effect" task like in the tutorial.

Comment

Originally posted by TVwj View Post

Sorry I should have been more specific. I do not see a "beam" section in the "play particle effect" task like in the tutorial.
          Ah, I believe those should be replaced with Actor Particle Parameters. Beams were super hacky back when I made that tutorial. If they just use Actor parameters you can simply set those. I get what you mean by saying it's out of date, I'll check it out and see if I can get it updated.
          Able Ability System - A high performance, robust ability system for UE4. Now Available!

Comment

Able v3.21 has been submitted to Epic.

• Added a clearer description to the Collision / Sweep Tasks failing data validation due to not having a collision layer setup in the new array structure.
            • Fixed a crash with Verbose mode while in the Editor.

Comment

Hi.

I'm finally going to start spending some time with Able and was wondering since you are adding so many new features, will the two year old YOUTUBE videos still be valid... Thanks for all your work.

teak
              "A little bit of nonsense now and then is cherished by the wisest men..."
              -- Willy Wonka

Smooth Zoom Camera Plugin for 4.22 here.

Comment

Originally posted by teak421 View Post
                Hi.

I'm finally going to start spending some time with Able and was wondering since you are adding so many new features, will the two year old YOUTUBE videos still be valid... Thanks for all your work.

teak
                Yup, they're all still valid. The only one that is a bit off now is the Chain Lightning with setting up the beam particles. For that, you want to just pass in the source / target as Actor parameters. Other than that, all that's changed is the skin of the editor and new Tasks have been added (+ features like dynamic bindings).

Comment

Loaded for the first time and I started to just click around... Yeah, I know, silly. So, when I open a new ABLE I clicked on VALIDATE and I get a crash... I didn't do anything else, just click validate. For sure, this is not the normal use of validate...I didn't do anything that needed to be validated, but it's still a crash.

teak

PS: 4.23.1
                  "A little bit of nonsense now and then is cherished by the wisest men..."
                  -- Willy Wonka

Smooth Zoom Camera Plugin for 4.22 here.

Comment

Originally posted by teak421 View Post
                    Loaded for the first time and I started to just click around... Yeah, I know, silly. So, when I open a new ABLE I clicked on VALIDATE and I get a crash... I didn't do anything else, just click validate. For sure, this is not the normal use of validate...I didn't do anything that needed to be validated, but it's still a crash.

teak

PS: 4.23.1
                    I thought I had fixed that already, but thanks for the report. It should just return if you try to validate nothing, but obviously something is still assuming a valid ability.

Comment

I like to do a branch where I need to press W+LMB to enter in next combo ability.
                      I try to do this and don't work...the branch pass with only one key pressed...I tried in many ways and couldn't.
                      This is a Bug??? Can you explain how to do this if I'm wrong???
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Demonrras View Post
                        I like to do a branch where I need to press W+LMB to enter in next combo ability.
                        I try to do this and don't work...the branch pass with only one key pressed...I tried in many ways and couldn't.
                        This is a Bug??? Can you explain how to do this if I'm wrong???
                        Try removing the "must be recently pressed". Likely one of your inputs was already held down in the past 0.1 seconds (which is what that value applies to). You can mark the Branch task as Verbose and it'll tell you why it's failing.

Comment

Originally posted by ExtraLifeMatt View Post

Try removing the "must be recently pressed". Likely one of your inputs was already held down in the past 0.1 seconds (which is what that value applies to). You can mark the Branch task as Verbose and it'll tell you why it's failing.
                          I uncheck the "must be recently pressed" from both input conditions and check verbose...You can see below the verbose log.

LogBlueprintUserMessages: [Frank_Fighter_OverView] OnTaskStart called for Task AblBranchTask_0 at time 0.60.
                          LogBlueprintUserMessages: [Frank_Fighter_OverView] Condition AblBranchConditionOnInput_0 returned False.
                          LogBlueprintUserMessages: [Frank_Fighter_OverView] OnTaskTick called for Task AblBranchTask_0 at time 0.61. Delta Time = 0.00947
                          LogBlueprintUserMessages: [Frank_Fighter_OverView] Condition AblBranchConditionOnInput_0 returned False.
                          LogBlueprintUserMessages: [Frank_Fighter_OverView] OnTaskTick called for Task AblBranchTask_0 at time 0.62. Delta Time = 0.00949
                          LogBlueprintUserMessages: [Frank_Fighter_OverView] OnTaskTick called for Task AblBranchTask_0 at time 0.63. Delta Time = 0.00943
                          LogBlueprintUserMessages: [Frank_Fighter_OverView] OnTaskTick called for Task AblBranchTask_0 at time 0.64. Delta Time = 0.00949
                          LogBlueprintUserMessages: [Frank_Fighter_OverView] OnTaskTick called for Task AblBranchTask_0 at time 0.65. Delta Time = 0.00976
                          LogBlueprintUserMessages: [Frank_Fighter_OverView] OnTaskTick called for Task AblBranchTask_0 at time 0.66. Delta Time = 0.00967
                          LogBlueprintUserMessages: [Frank_Fighter_OverView] Condition AblBranchConditionOnInput_0 returned True.
                          LogBlueprintUserMessages: [Frank_Fighter_OverView] Conditions passed. Branching to Ability Default__Fighter_02_3_C
                          Like image above, this ability have 2 conditions to reach the next ability. The "Must Pass All Conditions" are already checked. The plugin is testing only the first condition.

Comment

I uncheck the "must be recently pressed" from both input conditions and check verbose...You can see below the verbose log.

Like image above, this ability have 2 conditions to reach the next ability. The "Must Pass All Conditions" are already checked. The plugin is testing only the first condition.
                            The branch are testing the first condition and if TRUE, the result of the next conditions are TRUE too also if I don't press the key condition.

Comment

The branch are testing the first condition and if TRUE, the result of the next conditions are TRUE too also if I don't press the key condition.
                              So you're branching when you don't expect to? I'll check things tonight. There was some recent work in those files so maybe things broke.

Comment

Hi, i just bought your plugin and i really like the idea of having a data driven ability system. However i'm not sure how i could use this system to make my game more "moddable". I'm not sure if you can recommend me a workflow for that using your plugin. Like, maybe there's a way to load abilities assets from text files or something like that?

Comment

Working...
                                X