Able Ability System Info and Support Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

Your plugin permit implement something like that with a melee punch or a sword slice????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LPXig6cdSA

I wanna try to add physics hit reaction like the video above in multiplayer. This detect where on physical body the collision are made and calculate damage using this location...
    Last edited by Demonrras; 10-31-2019, 08:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Demonrras View Post
      Hi,

Your plugin permit implement something like that with a melee punch or a sword slice????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LPXig6cdSA

I wanna try to add physics hit reaction like the video above in multiplayer. This detect where on physical body the collision are made and calculate damage using this location...
      No, that's not inherently supported by Able. You'd need to create your own task that does all the tracing and find the closest impacted bone.
      Able Ability System - A high performance, robust ability system for UE4. Now Available!

Comment

Originally posted by ExtraLifeMatt View Post

No, that's not inherently supported by Able. You'd need to create your own task that does all the tracing and find the closest impacted bone.
        ok tks for the answer.

Comment

I do the trace in my character BP to make this more easly...and call this function on client side of CustonEvent on Ability.
          Now, how I can add targets of trace to my context ability?
          Last edited by Demonrras; 11-01-2019, 09:40 PM.

Comment

I do the trace in my character BP to make this more easly...and call this function on client side of CustonEvent on Ability.
            Now, how I can add targets of trace to my context ability?
            You would want to do that through the Custom Targeting on either your query or the Ability itself. You can return a list of actors that way and it'll get added to the context.
            Able Ability System - A high performance, robust ability system for UE4. Now Available!

Comment

You would want to do that through the Custom Targeting on either your query or the Ability itself. You can return a list of actors that way and it'll get added to the context.
              Can you pls make some prints to show this?

Comment

Able v3.20 has been submitted. Notes below.

Spoiler

As always, please continue reporting feedback and let me know if you have any issues.

I'm working with my artist buddy to do a pass on the Able documentation / Store page, so expect changes to that as soon as we nail down a plan (hopefully sooner rather than later).

Comment

Can you pls make some prints to show this?
                  Targeting -> Custom Targeting

Then in your Ability Blueprint, override "Find Targets" (CustomTargetingFindTargetsBP), that has an array parameter named Found Targets. Any actors added to that array are added to the context.

Comment

Trying to do this tip above...I found a crash problem (like image below)....When I play animation with able plugin in multiplayer project...always got this crash error...I remove animation of able ability and all goes well.

The same error occour on builted engine in 4.23.1.

I can submit logs if you need...
                    Attached Files

Comment

Trying to do this tip above...I found a crash problem (like image below)....When I play animation with able plugin in multiplayer project...always got this crash error...I remove animation of able ability and all goes well.

The same error occour on builted engine in 4.23.1.

I can submit logs if you need...
                      That's something with the animation itself. Looks like bad curve data? I saw that before in some other thread. I'd search around and see if you find the issue, that's outside of Able.

Comment

That's something with the animation itself. Looks like bad curve data? I saw that before in some other thread. I'd search around and see if you find the issue, that's outside of Able.
                        I only stop to play animation in ably ability and the error goes away.
                        Look your plugin. If I can't play animation in there is 4.23, her are unuseful. I like your plugin but need a better support on this.

PS: The only curves I have in my project are from ALS and I never edited or changed anything about it ... they are as original and never gave a problem.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Demonrras; 11-04-2019, 02:43 PM.

Comment

I only stop to play animation in ably ability and the error goes away.
                          Look your plugin. If I can't play animation in there is 4.23, her are unuseful. I like your plugin but need a better support on this.

PS: The only curves I have in my project are from ALS and I never edited or changed anything about it ... they are as original and never gave a problem.
                          I went back and found the error you got in one of my old emails from a user. They got that error when using Advanced Locomotion on 4.23. 4.22 doesn't have the issue. It's apparently a bug with Advanced Locomotion System, not with Able - or potentially an incompatibility between the two (which I would shocked by since Able just calls UE4's animation calls).

Comment

Possibly. The REINST means the blueprint was reinstanced under it. I wouldn't think that would cause your issue, but I honestly don't know. Marketplace support just got back to me and said they are experiencing longer than normal delays but the update was received and is working its way through the system.
                            I fix this by marking RF_ArchetypeObject flag when adding an new ability task. Hope it work for u.
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	BlueprintTaskIssue.png Views:	0 Size:	7.3 KB ID:	1683699

Comment

Hello,

I'm using Able to attempt to play a particle effect on an npc. I'm using custom logic for targeting - however I cannot seem to actually have the particle effect execute on the target npc. I get a lot of crashes trying variations - so thought I should just ask rather than tear my hair out.

Our targeting and combat systems are external to able (hence the custom logic) - we're just using a simple tab targeting mechanism at the moment.

So my ability is just a particle effect.

As I note it has custom targeting :

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	78
Size:	16.4 KB
ID:	1683815

I've overriden "Find Targets", found my target and that is being assigned to "Found Targets".

I'm not quite sure what I should place in the Task Targets section - does Found Targets override this? (I've tried a few variations but none seem to work and/or crash).

Name:	2.png
Views:	57
Size:	14.7 KB
ID:	1683816

Any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by mashirooDH View Post

I fix this by marking RF_ArchetypeObject flag when adding an new ability task. Hope it work for u.
                                Click image for larger version Name:	BlueprintTaskIssue.png Views:	0 Size:	7.3 KB ID:	1683699
                                This is fixed in the latest update, I just ignore filter out the REINST and such. If I find that doesn't solve people's problems, then I'll look into the Archetype Object flag.
                                Originally posted by Ilkatheon View Post
                                Hello,

I'm using Able to attempt to play a particle effect on an npc. I'm using custom logic for targeting - however I cannot seem to actually have the particle effect execute on the target npc. I get a lot of crashes trying variations - so thought I should just ask rather than tear my hair out.

Our targeting and combat systems are external to able (hence the custom logic) - we're just using a simple tab targeting mechanism at the moment.

So my ability is just a particle effect.

As I note it has custom targeting :

Name:	1.png
Views:	78
Size:	16.4 KB
ID:	1683815

I've overriden "Find Targets", found my target and that is being assigned to "Found Targets".

I'm not quite sure what I should place in the Task Targets section - does Found Targets override this? (I've tried a few variations but none seem to work and/or crash).

Name:	2.png
Views:	57
Size:	14.7 KB
ID:	1683816

Any ideas?
                                Target Actor should be the correct field. Turn on Verbose for that task and you should get a print out of exactly what is happening. I will note that Play Particle Effect had a couple bugs in it that are fixed in the latest version (namely with the dynamic binding always returning the static particle effect referenced in the Task, and that attached Effects on Targets didn't work correctly).

Comment

Working...
                                X