Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Able Ability System Info and Support Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Demonrras View Post

    Pls...implement launch character in movement tasks. I wanna to make some aerial combat where I launch enemies to air and make combos...I puchase your plugin with the hope that can help me with this.
    You're going to have to get comfortable with making your own Tasks (either through Custom Task or through C++ and inheriting from UAblAbilityTask). You're going to want to just apply some Z velocity to a character and then put them in some "Air Juggle" movement state (which you'll have to create).

    Again, Movement is so game specific that it's near impossible for me to make "out of the box" solutions for people.
    Able Ability System - A high performance, robust ability system for UE4. Now Available!

    Comment


      Doing jam using Able. Anyone had problems when restarting level? (only in build or DebugGame / DevGame without Editor) When destroying AblComponent it tries to call OnAbilityEndBP for "None" Ability. It isn't null but just None object... cause to crash.

      It appears when I'm extending abilities from other ones not from base c++ class.

      Code:
      Assertion failed: !IsUnreachable() [File:D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\CoreUObject\Private\UObject\ScriptCore.cpp] [Line: 1302]
      None None.None  Function: 'None.None:OnAbilityEndBP'
      Last edited by intoxicat3; 05-05-2019, 09:17 AM.
      How to create first person shooter game from scratch. Lots of tutorials: http://www.shootertutorial.com - celebrating 50th Tutorial!

      My Marketplace Assets

      Comment


        Originally posted by intoxicat3 View Post
        Doing jam using Able. Anyone had problems when restarting level? (only in build or DebugGame / DevGame without Editor) When destroying AblComponent it tries to call OnAbilityEndBP for "None" Ability. It isn't null but just None object... cause to crash.

        It appears when I'm extending abilities from other ones not from base c++ class.

        Code:
        Assertion failed: !IsUnreachable() [File:D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\CoreUObject\Private\UObject\ScriptCore.cpp] [Line: 1302]
        None None.None Function: 'None.None:OnAbilityEndBP'
        Interesting... Not sure what a "None" object is, or why that method would be unreachable. Can you upload your game jam project to my bug report link and give me some repro steps? https://www.dropbox.com/request/nD81ewNC7G3p5MNWlMKX
        Able Ability System - A high performance, robust ability system for UE4. Now Available!

        Comment


          Able 3.0.4 has been submitted it. Notes below:

          - Fixed an issue where you could get Ability Script NULL errors when loading the Editor.
          - Hide Collision / Camera / Arrow options now work as expected again.
          - Default to Translate Mode when selecting an actor within the Editor (this makes it clearer to the user that they can use the normal W/R/T keys to modify things).
          Originally posted by Knaarke View Post
          Hey,
          I recently started working on my project again and saw that there was an Update for Able.
          Right now it seems that the "OnGetDynamicProperty_Cooldown" function isn't even called.
          All I did was copy pasting my code from "GetCooldown"(which was marked as deprecated) to this new function.

          I read that there were bugs with dynamic fields not working. Wasn't this fixed in 3.0.3?

          I'm glad for any information or help.
          I went ahead and checked on this. Cooldown IS being calculated through the field, but it's not calculated within the Ability Editor (unless you're using a Branch Ability which calls an Ability). This was done on purpose to avoid not being able to iterate quickly on an Ability that has a long cooldown. I could add an option whether or not to respect cooldown while authoring Abilities, or even add an option that just clears all cooldowns - but I'm still thinking on that. I'd appreciate any feedback from people on which they prefer (or if they even want the current behavior changed).

          I'm still trying to decide how I want to handle Move To / Jump To. I'm leaning towards making them work only with the Character Movement Component which would greatly simplify things. Maybe split out Navigation Path Finding in to it's own Task.

          Thanks for your support and keep the feedback / bug reports coming.
          Able Ability System - A high performance, robust ability system for UE4. Now Available!

          Comment


            Originally posted by ExtraLifeMatt View Post
            I went ahead and checked on this. Cooldown IS being calculated through the field, but it's not calculated within the Ability Editor (unless you're using a Branch Ability which calls an Ability). This was done on purpose to avoid not being able to iterate quickly on an Ability that has a long cooldown. I could add an option whether or not to respect cooldown while authoring Abilities, or even add an option that just clears all cooldowns - but I'm still thinking on that. I'd appreciate any feedback from people on which they prefer (or if they even want the current behavior changed).
            Sorry..I'm not completely able to follow you.
            What does "OnGetDynamicProperty_Cooldown" if not asking for cooldown at runtime?
            And what would be the best method to dynamically change the cooldown depending on variables from a context actor?

            Aswell thank you for your support and your willingness to help.

            Comment


              I still cannot get a target asset to spawn in the editor. The output log says "LogAbleEditor: Warning: Could not load asset [name of asset]" no matter what asset I pick. I tested with multiple actors and even the same actor as the preview asset, but I still get this message.

              Comment


                Originally posted by Knaarke View Post

                Sorry..I'm not completely able to follow you.
                What does "OnGetDynamicProperty_Cooldown" if not asking for cooldown at runtime?
                And what would be the best method to dynamically change the cooldown depending on variables from a context actor?

                Aswell thank you for your support and your willingness to help.
                It does ask for the Cooldown, but only when not in the Ability Editor. The Ability Editor purposely doesn't calculate cooldown since it doesn't use it. Like I said, I may make that an option so if you want to test your cooldown logic in the Ability Editor - you can.

                If you try your Ability when in a level or in game, you should hit your breakpoint (at least, I did).
                Originally posted by TVwj View Post
                I still cannot get a target asset to spawn in the editor. The output log says "LogAbleEditor: Warning: Could not load asset [name of asset]" no matter what asset I pick. I tested with multiple actors and even the same actor as the preview asset, but I still get this message.
                Interesting. Any special repro steps? Or just try and spawn the Target Actor?
                Able Ability System - A high performance, robust ability system for UE4. Now Available!

                Comment


                  Originally posted by ExtraLifeMatt View Post
                  Interesting. Any special repro steps? Or just try and spawn the Target Actor?
                  Just trying to spawn the target actor.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by TVwj View Post
                    I still cannot get a target asset to spawn in the editor. The output log says "LogAbleEditor: Warning: Could not load asset [name of asset]" no matter what asset I pick. I tested with multiple actors and even the same actor as the preview asset, but I still get this message.
                    Can confirm I also am getting this issue.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by OllieWilliams View Post

                      Can confirm I also am getting this issue.
                      Yea, It's on my list for this weekend. I'm already preparing a patch for the dynamic fields on the Ability itself not binding during runtime, so I'm going to try and squeeze in a fix for the Target Actor as well before I submit the patch this weekend.
                      Able Ability System - A high performance, robust ability system for UE4. Now Available!

                      Comment


                        VERBOSE don't work to me...can't debug with this...it's a bug???

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Demonrras View Post
                          VERBOSE don't work to me...can't debug with this...it's a bug???
                          Verbose for which Task? Or just in general? You should definitely see it in your Output Log at the very least.
                          Able Ability System - A high performance, robust ability system for UE4. Now Available!

                          Comment


                            Yeah...only see VERBOSE on logs...don't show in screen

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Demonrras View Post
                              Yeah...only see VERBOSE on logs...don't show in screen
                              I'd check your Able Settings (in the plugin options), there is an option in that that prevents Verbose from printing to the screen.
                              Able Ability System - A high performance, robust ability system for UE4. Now Available!

                              Comment


                                Able v3.1 submitted. Notes:

                                • Fixed Ability Dynamic Fields not properly binding during runtime.
                                • Fixed Target Preview Assets not spawning properly.
                                • Fixed Target Preview Assets not being selectable by clicking on them.
                                • Hitting "Delete" on your keyboard while selecting a Target Preview Asset in the Editor will delete that instance.
                                • Added "Location" Target Type which allows you to programmatically specify a 3D location in the world and pass it to a Task.
                                  • You'll find this option on any Location struct (e.g. Spawn Actor's Spawn Location, Play Particle Effect, Play Sound Effect, etc).
                                  • To pass a Target Location to your Tasks with that option you must:
                                    • Add a "Location" Target to your Ability (under the Target drop down, you don't need to mark your Ability as "Must Have Target").
                                    • Override the "Get Target Location" method in C++ or in the Ability Blueprint. This is where you would grab the mouse location or what not, by default it simply returns the location of the actor running the ability.
                                    • This value is passed from the Client to the Server in a networked game (as the Server has no concept of a mouse, etc), so just be aware of that. Maybe add some extra verification if needed.
                                    • This value is stored on the AblAbilityContext and can be grabbed in Blueprints by calling GetTargetLocation on the Context.
                                • Updated Play Particle Effect / Play Sound Effect to use the internal AblTargetLocation struct so they can use the new functionality. The old fields are still there and will automatically be used if present. If you want to use the new functionality once you move things over, simply reset the deprecated fields (set the socket name to NONE, any vectors to 0.0's, etc).
                                As always, thanks for your support and patience. Keep the bug reports coming.
                                Able Ability System - A high performance, robust ability system for UE4. Now Available!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X