Able Ability System Info and Support Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    another question,how can i set able's rate,i try set playanim's rate,but this able's length not change.So my character still stay behind this montage ended.
    Last edited by shadowkami; 12-04-2017, 04:43 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Updated submitted, I pretty much got everything I wanted in. I believe the Socket Rotation thing is only a visual issue with debug so I'm going to dive into that a bit more, but I didn't want to hold the update up for it.

I'll link to my quick write up on the Custom Task as well in this post.

Originally posted by shadowkami View Post
    how can i see collision query Box in the able preview?I binding this Box in my handsocket. but i can't see it in my able preview.
    In the Ability Editor, select Timeline -> Show Collision Queries.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ExtraLifeMatt

WOW, that's a heck of an update!

Thanks so much!

Also, that "custom task" being doable in BP, that's incredible. I can hardly wait for this one

Leave a comment:

• replied
    how can i see collision query Box in the able preview?I binding this Box in my handsocket. but i can't see it in my able preview.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by George.Xiao View Post

Yea, right! Hope for your new update. Hope for Able's better future.
    So I went to add this today but it's already supported (you can select the Target you want to base the object location off of). Can you describe what change you had to do?

EDIT: NM, I see the issue.

So far on the 2.0 update:

- Stop on Interrupt will work for all Animation Modes (Play Single Instance results in a hard stop, so just beware).
    - Added a Class dialog to allow you to select what type of assets to load when choosing a Preview Actor (also added some descriptive text, image, and cleaned up that flow a bit). This makes that workflow MUCH faster.
    - Added "Custom Task" which is a 100% Blueprint driven Task. You can now create your own Tasks entirely in Blueprints and they'll show up in the Ability Editor like normal Tasks. Customize the Task Name, Description, Logic, Color in the Editor - all of it.
    - Added "Custom Task ScratchPad" which is a 100% Blueprint driven Scratchpad (the small structure created every time an Ability is executed) where you can store any states or variables.
    - Made the Self/Instigator/Owner filters prune all instances of Self/Instigator/Owner rather than assuming there's only one entry.
    - Few more Unity build fixes.
    - Spawn Actor now runs for each Target Type selected for the Task and not just for the Self Actor.

Still looking at the Socket Rotation thing change extents on queries (may just be a debug draw thing). Other than that, it's almost done.
    Last edited by ExtraLifeMatt; 12-02-2017, 08:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks for looking into it ExtraLifeMatt

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Aumaan Anubis View Post
    I have an idea on how to bypass this issue, but I don't know if it actually applies here though:

A: Perhaps replace the call to the standard "asset browser" and instead call a dialog that just asks for an asset/class "type" instead of asking for a specific asset, this way we can just choose "skeletal mesh" or "static mesh" or "BP" asset type without having to load every asset in our whole project, then we can select the correct asset after.

B: If you could set up "select preview asset" field to ONLY take skeletal meshes, static meshes, and Blueprints as an input, this would greatly reduce the massive hang time (this field really shouldn't be scanning textures, or any other object types that wouldn't be used)

C. Also, removing the prerequisite to "set a preview asset" in the asset browser would also be a great help, it would function much faster if the editor would open blank without loading the asset browser, then we get to select our preview asset in the editor settings after Able is already open.

Sorry to keep pressing this, it's just that this set up seriously hamstrings an otherwise speedy Able workflow.
    No worries, Aumaan, I agree it's a sore spot in an otherwise fast workflow.

I already have ways to filter out the assets to load, but maybe tossing in a quick Dialog asking the user which class they want to choose from would help... I'll see about adding that in.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ExtraLifeMatt View Post
    AngeIV, @AP_Studios

Yea, that's unfortunately out of my hands. That widget is just a basic asset browser from Epic, so unless you want custom engine versions - I can't do much with it. I can check again, but I've gone back to that thing a few times and it's just how its written.

That said, I do offer various toggles so you can turn off things like static meshes and other things to help slim down what it has to load. You can find those in the Able Settings.
    I have an idea on how to bypass this issue, but I don't know if it actually applies here though:

A: Perhaps replace the call to the standard "asset browser" and instead call a dialog that just asks for an asset/class "type" instead of asking for a specific asset, this way we can just choose "skeletal mesh" or "static mesh" or "BP" asset type without having to load every asset in our whole project, then we can select the correct asset after.

B: If you could set up "select preview asset" field to ONLY take skeletal meshes, static meshes, and Blueprints as an input, this would greatly reduce the massive hang time (this field really shouldn't be scanning textures, or any other object types that wouldn't be used)

C. Also, removing the prerequisite to "set a preview asset" in the asset browser would also be a great help, it would function much faster if the editor would open blank without loading the asset browser, then we get to select our preview asset in the editor settings after Able is already open.

Sorry to keep pressing this, it's just that this set up seriously hamstrings an otherwise speedy Able workflow.
    Last edited by Aumaan Anubis; 12-01-2017, 10:42 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ExtraLifeMatt View Post

Hmmm, interesting. So you're using the Target Type to choose a spawn location? Yea, certainly is do-able. I'll see if I can add that as an option.
    Yea, right! Hope for your new update. Hope for Able's better future.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by intoxicat3 View Post
    Any chance you can do "Stop On Interrupt" for Montages as well? When interrupting Ability with Play Animation with Dynamic Montage montage is still playing.
    I can look at that. Stop On Interrupt is something I built specifically into the custom Ability Animation Node I created, but I can see if I can just stop the current playing montage.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X