• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by CrimsonWingzz View Post

Yeah no worries, the ability names are below:

- Ability_Greatsword-Kick
    - Ability_Greatsword-QuickAttack
    Were these Abilities you had just created? I was able to reproduce this with brand new Abilities I had created (basically the hash code never got called so they all had the same hash), but upon restarting the editor - everything worked as expected.

I've added some code to aggressively make sure the hash is generated while you are in the editor since PostLoad may not have been called due to the object being new.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ExtraLifeMatt View Post

I wouldn't think so, but I'll investigate. Can you give me the name of the Abilities so I can re-create things on my end? You can PM me them if you don't want to post them publicly.
    Yeah no worries, the ability names are below:

- Ability_Greatsword-Kick
    - Ability_Greatsword-QuickAttack

Another detail, if this helps, the abilities are being called from a Data Table, since I have a struct that holds the name, ability class, etc.

Leave a comment:

• replied

The Blend In/Out only works on Dynamic Montage / Ability Animation Node - not Single Node (it's just not supported). Personally I use the Ability Animation Node, which you can find a tutorial on how to setup here: https://extralifestudios.atlassian.net/wiki/x/BYBK
    Yea, I both try Dynamic Montage / Ability Animation Node, but no use, If i use PlayAnimationMontage node in blueprint, this problem is gone, i don' t know why, then, I just compare your PlayAnimation source code with UE4's PlayAnimationMontage source code, and i can't find where is different. But switch play montage is still not smooth in Able, I'm confused.

Leave a comment:

• replied

Hmm, odd, both abilities are different names, might it be because I called them both 'Ability_[name]'? Technically both are different names, just follow the same style guide. Still having issues with the cooldowns though :/
    I wouldn't think so, but I'll investigate. Can you give me the name of the Abilities so I can re-create things on my end? You can PM me them if you don't want to post them publicly.

Leave a comment:

• replied

Ability Cooldown is tied to the name of the Ability (which gets hashed). As long as the Abilities have two separate names, they shouldn't share a cooldown.
    Hmm, odd, both abilities are different names, might it be because I called them both 'Ability_[name]'? Technically both are different names, just follow the same style guide. Still having issues with the cooldowns though :/

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by George.Xiao View Post
    I found another problem, when i play one animation and then play another animation, this two animation not smooth switch, even if change blendin/blendout. Smooth switch animation is very important for me, i don't know how to with able.
    The Blend In/Out only works on Dynamic Montage / Ability Animation Node - not Single Node (it's just not supported). Personally I use the Ability Animation Node, which you can find a tutorial on how to setup here: https://extralifestudios.atlassian.net/wiki/x/BYBK

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I found another problem, when i play one animation and then play another animation, this two animation not smooth switch, even if change blendin/blendout. Smooth switch animation is very important for me, i don't know how to with able.

Leave a comment:

• replied

My version is still 1.91. I had try re-launch, re-install, no effect. My god, I need 2.0 version. Is that because i'm chinese?
    Have you tried removing the local content first and then re-downloading?

Sometimes the launcher doesn't get the latest version and this is typically how I solve that problem.

Leave a comment:

• replied

Latest is 2.0. You may need to re-launch the Launcher. Update should be out (other people seem to have it... )
    My version is still 1.91. I had try re-launch, re-install, no effect. My god, I need 2.0 version. Is that because i'm chinese?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I've got a bit of a bug or issue, I have two separate abilities that have different cooldowns, however when I use one of them, both are put into cooldown in the same timeframe (one being 5 seconds, the other being 10), I'm trying to make it so the cooldowns are separate rather than global. Is there any way I could fix this? Cheers.
    Ability Cooldown is tied to the name of the Ability (which gets hashed). As long as the Abilities have two separate names, they shouldn't share a cooldown.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I've got a bit of a bug or issue, I have two separate abilities that have different cooldowns, however when I use one of them, both are put into cooldown in the same timeframe (one being 5 seconds, the other being 10), I'm trying to make it so the cooldowns are separate rather than global. Is there any way I could fix this? Cheers.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by shadowkami View Post
    How to change Collision Sweep FireEvent in real time,not in this Collision Sweep Node 's last frame.I wan't write a skill , it like dash,but this Collision Sweep Fire Event in this end.
    Sweep requires the actor to be at the end spot. It's meant for melee strikes and things like that. If you're using a dash, you could just use a query rather than a sweep that is the size of where you'll be moving. Or just assign a tag to the player for the duration of the dash that enemies check for and apply collision damage when the player overlaps them.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    How to change Collision Sweep FireEvent in real time,not in this Collision Sweep Node 's last frame.I wan't write a skill , it like dash,but this Collision Sweep Fire Event in this end.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Is the latest version is 2.0? I update today, but it still is 1.91 version and no CustomTask.
    Latest is 2.0. You may need to re-launch the Launcher. Update should be out (other people seem to have it... )

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Is the latest version is 2.0? I update today, but it still is 1.91 version and no CustomTask.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X