Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by George.Xiao View Post
    Is the latest version is 2.0? I update today, but it still is 1.91 version and no CustomTask.
    Latest is 2.0. You may need to re-launch the Launcher. Update should be out (other people seem to have it... )

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Is the latest version is 2.0? I update today, but it still is 1.91 version and no CustomTask.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by qdelpeche View Post
    ExtraLifeMatt - Thank you very much ... and thank you for creating this awesome system. I have basically re-written most of my project with your system in 1 night. You sir are a legend and a gentleman.

By the way, your system works with XBOX One and Linux ... I did a test port early this morning and it is working. I will do some more tests but I haven't seen any issues or compilation errors/warnings with your system on these two platforms.

Thanks again for this system.
    Awesome, thanks for the kind words and the confirmation on X One / Linux. I only had a PS4 devkit to test locally, but everything was written to be cross platform - glad that seems to be working as expected.
    Originally posted by shadowkami View Post
    something wrong with the cone collision location and rotation transfrom Click image for larger version

Name:	QQ图片20171206152207.png
Views:	24
Size:	496.3 KB
ID:	1396235Click image for larger version

Name:	QQ图片20171206152211.png
Views:	21
Size:	346.6 KB
ID:	1396236
    Yea, that's the socket rotation issue I'm currently chasing. I think it's just a bone transform space issue (so the fix should be fairly easy), but I need to confirm. It's on my list for work this weekend.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    something wrong with the cone collision location and rotation transfrom Click image for larger version

Name:	QQ图片20171206152207.png
Views:	24
Size:	496.3 KB
ID:	1396235Click image for larger version

Name:	QQ图片20171206152211.png
Views:	21
Size:	346.6 KB
ID:	1396236

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ExtraLifeMatt - Thank you very much ... and thank you for creating this awesome system. I have basically re-written most of my project with your system in 1 night. You sir are a legend and a gentleman.

By the way, your system works with XBOX One and Linux ... I did a test port early this morning and it is working. I will do some more tests but I haven't seen any issues or compilation errors/warnings with your system on these two platforms.

Thanks again for this system.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by intoxicat3 View Post
    Why abilities who inherit other abilities aren't inheriting task from them? For example I have base ability with custom event task and this task won't be executed in inherit abilities.
    Tasks are private members, so they aren't inherited. The purpose of inheriting from an Ability is to save you from re-writing a bunch of Blueprint code again if you have setup various special methods/overrides/etc.

If you just want to create a copy of an Ability (tasks and all), you can just right click on it in the content browser and select "Duplicate".

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Why abilities who inherit other abilities aren't inheriting task from them? For example I have base ability with custom event task and this task won't be executed in inherit abilities.

Leave a comment:

• replied

I want dynamic set this length.For example,i have a spell speed property,it change PlayAnim rate and all ability's timeline,if i change time of the Ability, this montage was be cut down.
    Dynamic play rate currently isn't supported (although it's trivial to add - I should have put it in with the 2.0 update but I simply forgot). I'll toss it in the next update.

Originally posted by qdelpeche View Post
    *sigh* ... I should have started using this months ago ... oh well.

Quick question - what is the easiest way to spawn decals on a dedicated server multiplayer game. I am trying to spawn particle hit effects and a decal, but it only ever appears on the local client or when running 2 clients without dedicated server.

I then powered up your CE1_Shooter and experienced the same result.

Can you help?
    Particle Effects are inherently Client Only. If you're trying to setup something where decals persist on the server, that would require a Decal Actor. You could likely just use the Custom Task and have it simply create the Decal from Blueprints (assuming that lets you create decal actors on the fly - or just make a Decal Actor Blueprint and then use spawn actor or some such).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    *sigh* ... I should have started using this months ago ... oh well.

Quick question - what is the easiest way to spawn decals on a dedicated server multiplayer game. I am trying to spawn particle hit effects and a decal, but it only ever appears on the local client or when running 2 clients without dedicated server.

I then powered up your CE1_Shooter and experienced the same result.

Can you help?
    Last edited by qdelpeche; 12-05-2017, 09:27 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey, just wanted to thank you for the update, awesome stuff man!

Keep up the fantastic work!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ExtraLifeMatt View Post

You can change the time of the Ability by simply changing the length of it (it'll be in the Ability properties in the upper left when you first open the Ability in the Ability Editor).

1. I wouldn't use a trigger for that, I would just spawn a Fireball actor, pass it all the info, and let it handle things. This lets you "Fire and Forget" so you don't have to have an Ability that is running as long as the Fireball is going (which may be till it reaches the end of the world).

2. Now that 2.0 is out, you can actually make a MoveTo using the Custom Task and set whatever parameters/behavior you need. I've looked at doing a Move To multiple times but I haven't found a super clean way to do it yet that works across all genres and higher issues keep coming up.
    I want dynamic set this length.For example,i have a spell speed property,it change PlayAnim rate and all ability's timeline,if i change time of the Ability, this montage was be cut down.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by intoxicat3 View Post
    Is there any way to get current running tasks in ability blueprint? I would like to set some variable in ScratchPad or just cancel some task depending on something. For now I can't find a way to get tasks in Ability.

and btw found a crash:
    Code:
    Assertion failed: Value [File:D:\Work\AM\Projects\Proto\Rogal\Plugins\Able\Source\AbleCore\Private\Tasks\ablSetShaderParameterTask.cpp] [Line: 215]

KERNELBASE
    UE4Editor_ApplicationCore
    UE4Editor_Core
    UE4Editor_Core
    UE4Editor_AbleCore_Win64_DebugGame!UAblSetShaderParameterTask::InternalSetShaderValue() [d:\work\am\projects\proto\rogal\plugins\able\source\ablecore\private\tasks\ablsetshaderparametertask.cpp:216]
    UE4Editor_AbleCore_Win64_DebugGame!UAblSetShaderParameterTask::OnTaskTick() [d:\work\am\projects\proto\rogal\plugins\able\source\ablecore\private\tasks\ablsetshaderparametertask.cpp:137]
    UE4Editor_AbleCore_Win64_DebugGame!UAblAbilityInstance::InternalUpdateTasks() [d:\work\am\projects\proto\rogal\plugins\able\source\ablecore\private\ablabilityinstance.cpp:452]
    UE4Editor_AbleCore_Win64_DebugGame!UAblAbilityInstance::SyncUpdate() [d:\work\am\projects\proto\rogal\plugins\able\source\ablecore\private\ablabilityinstance.cpp:218]
    UE4Editor_AbleCore_Win64_DebugGame!UAblAbilityComponent::InternalUpdateAbility() [d:\work\am\projects\proto\rogal\plugins\able\source\ablecore\private\ablabilitycomponent.cpp:744]
    UE4Editor_AbleCore_Win64_DebugGame!UAblAbilityComponent::TickComponent() [d:\work\am\projects\proto\rogal\plugins\able\source\ablecore\private\ablabilitycomponent.cpp:145]
    I don't believe there is a way to grab the currently running tasks. Those are split up into various lists and such during execution (one for Sync, one for Async) so it would be difficult/potentially unsafe to grab them.

EDIT: NM, Scratch Pads are per Task, not per Ability. So if you want to end a Task early, you need to override IsTaskDoneBP and have it check whatever you are looking for.

That crash is because you don't seem to have a valid Set Shader Parameter structure created in that Task. I'd verify your parameters and try it again.
    Last edited by ExtraLifeMatt; 12-04-2017, 10:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Is there any way to get current running tasks in ability blueprint? I would like to set some variable in ScratchPad or just cancel some task depending on something. For now I can't find a way to get tasks in Ability.

and btw found a crash:
    Code:
    Assertion failed: Value [File:D:\Work\AM\Projects\Proto\Rogal\Plugins\Able\Source\AbleCore\Private\Tasks\ablSetShaderParameterTask.cpp] [Line: 215]

KERNELBASE
    UE4Editor_ApplicationCore
    UE4Editor_Core
    UE4Editor_Core
    UE4Editor_AbleCore_Win64_DebugGame!UAblSetShaderParameterTask::InternalSetShaderValue() [d:\work\am\projects\proto\rogal\plugins\able\source\ablecore\private\tasks\ablsetshaderparametertask.cpp:216]
    UE4Editor_AbleCore_Win64_DebugGame!UAblSetShaderParameterTask::OnTaskTick() [d:\work\am\projects\proto\rogal\plugins\able\source\ablecore\private\tasks\ablsetshaderparametertask.cpp:137]
    UE4Editor_AbleCore_Win64_DebugGame!UAblAbilityInstance::InternalUpdateTasks() [d:\work\am\projects\proto\rogal\plugins\able\source\ablecore\private\ablabilityinstance.cpp:452]
    UE4Editor_AbleCore_Win64_DebugGame!UAblAbilityInstance::SyncUpdate() [d:\work\am\projects\proto\rogal\plugins\able\source\ablecore\private\ablabilityinstance.cpp:218]
    UE4Editor_AbleCore_Win64_DebugGame!UAblAbilityComponent::InternalUpdateAbility() [d:\work\am\projects\proto\rogal\plugins\able\source\ablecore\private\ablabilitycomponent.cpp:744]
    UE4Editor_AbleCore_Win64_DebugGame!UAblAbilityComponent::TickComponent() [d:\work\am\projects\proto\rogal\plugins\able\source\ablecore\private\ablabilitycomponent.cpp:145]
    Last edited by intoxicat3; 12-04-2017, 02:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    another question,how can i set able's rate,i try set playanim's rate,but this able's length not change.So my character still stay behind this montage ended.
    You can change the time of the Ability by simply changing the length of it (it'll be in the Ability properties in the upper left when you first open the Ability in the Ability Editor).

Originally posted by George.Xiao View Post
    Hi, we really very very very want two thing more. Yea, just two thing.
    1. Trigger -- Just like a flying fire ball or weapon collision, we need a hit event and received hit result, according to result we can do any thing. This may difficult, but we really need it.
    2. MoveTo -- We want not only can move to a point on the ground, we also want can move to a point in 3D, Just like Epic's Paragon game, there is a hero his name is Greystone, and we want to implement his "Assult the gate" skill. Here is that skill's description: "Greystone leaps as far as 1000 units, dealing 99|135 damage in a small AOE when he lands."

How do you think about it?
    1. I wouldn't use a trigger for that, I would just spawn a Fireball actor, pass it all the info, and let it handle things. This lets you "Fire and Forget" so you don't have to have an Ability that is running as long as the Fireball is going (which may be till it reaches the end of the world).

2. Now that 2.0 is out, you can actually make a MoveTo using the Custom Task and set whatever parameters/behavior you need. I've looked at doing a Move To multiple times but I haven't found a super clean way to do it yet that works across all genres and higher issues keep coming up.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi, we really very very very want two thing more. Yea, just two thing.
    1. Trigger -- Just like a flying fire ball or weapon collision, we need a hit event and received hit result, according to result we can do any thing. This may difficult, but we really need it.
    2. MoveTo -- We want not only can move to a point on the ground, we also want can move to a point in 3D, Just like Epic's Paragon game, there is a hero his name is Greystone, and we want to implement his "Assult the gate" skill. Here is that skill's description: "Greystone leaps as far as 1000 units, dealing 99|135 damage in a small AOE when he lands."

How do you think about it?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X