Able Ability System Info and Support Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ExtraLifeMatt View Post

Uploading the project is the best way. You can upload it here: https://www.dropbox.com/request/nD81ewNC7G3p5MNWlMKX
    I did upload of an blank third person project with the problems above replicated in UE 4.22.0 version.

Comment

Originally posted by teak421 View Post
      Appreciate how quickly you review and resolve issues. Great work and also a great product!

teak
      Thanks Teak. Means a lot.
      Able Ability System - A high performance, robust ability system for UE4. Now Available!

Comment

Originally posted by Demonrras View Post

I did upload of an blank third person project with the problems above replicated in UE 4.22.0 version.
        Perfect! Thank you.
        Able Ability System - A high performance, robust ability system for UE4. Now Available!

Comment

Alright, Able v3.0.3 is submitted. It fixes quite a few bugs with the 3.0 update, including dynamic fields not working properly, the Preview/Target drop downs not properly populating, and a crash with channeled abilities (which is what was biting Demonrras )

Comment

I have a lot of issues with new version using custom task created with blueprints.

1. Crash when building DependencyList on PostLoad() - basically I can not create custom task using blueprints because of this crash.
            2. When creating new custom task there is a crash when creating custom scratchpad.

Basically I think you should try to make some easy custom blueprints tasks to test things out.

You can create the same task as mine: lerping owner position to target position using tick.

Last time when using 2.0v everything worked smooth. Now I've updated to check things out before Epic Jam and basically can't use it

edit: when doing the same task using c++ it is working without crashes.
            Last edited by intoxicat3; 04-23-2019, 08:49 AM.
            How to create first person shooter game from scratch. Lots of tutorials: http://www.shootertutorial.com - celebrating 50th Tutorial!

Comment

Originally posted by intoxicat3 View Post
              I have a lot of issues with new version using custom task created with blueprints.

1. Crash when building DependencyList on PostLoad() - basically I can not create custom task using blueprints because of this crash.
              2. When creating new custom task there is a crash when creating custom scratchpad.

Basically I think you should try to make some easy custom blueprints tasks to test things out.

You can create the same task as mine: lerping owner position to target position using tick.

Last time when using 2.0v everything worked smooth. Now I've updated to check things out before Epic Jam and basically can't use it
              The crash you're describing is due to a Custom Task not getting properly re-instanced (so it leaves a nullptr which crashes DependencyList).

3.0 should have fixed that. In my local testing it would always properly replace the old task (you need to save any changed abilities, but it does replace it). If you have a sample project that shows the issue, you can upload it here: https://www.dropbox.com/request/nD81ewNC7G3p5MNWlMKX

Comment

Hi,I copy the plugin into my project directory,it has some compile error
                Private\AbilityEditor\SAbilityPropertyBinding.cpp(242): error C4800: Implicit conversion from 'UAblAbility *' to bool. Possible information loss

Comment

Originally posted by xermao View Post
                  Hi,I copy the plugin into my project directory,it has some compile error
                  Private\AbilityEditor\SAbilityPropertyBinding.cpp(242): error C4800: Implicit conversion from 'UAblAbility *' to bool. Possible information loss
                  That line doesn't match to what I have... In fact I don't see any if (UAblAbility* ) checks in that area. Can you post the full line?

Comment

FGraphNodeCreator<UK2Node_CallFunction> Creator(*FunctionGraph);
                    UK2Node_CallFunction* FuncNode = Creator.CreateNode();
                    FuncNode->FunctionReference.SetFromField<UFunction>(Func, Ability);//error
                    Creator.Finalize();

if I change it to
                    FuncNode->FunctionReference.SetFromField<UFunction>(Func, (UClass*)Ability);
                    it can be compiled.

Comment

Originally posted by xermao View Post
                      FGraphNodeCreator<UK2Node_CallFunction> Creator(*FunctionGraph);
                      UK2Node_CallFunction* FuncNode = Creator.CreateNode();
                      FuncNode->FunctionReference.SetFromField<UFunction>(Func, Ability);//error
                      Creator.Finalize();

if I change it to
                      FuncNode->FunctionReference.SetFromField<UFunction>(Func, (UClass*)Ability);
                      it can be compiled.
                      What system are you compiling on? Interesting that I haven't hit that (or Epic for that matter).

It should likely be
                      Code:
                      FuncNode->FunctionReference.SetFromField<UFunction>(Func, Ability->GetClass());
                      EDIT: I need to do a small edit to the update and resubmit tonight, so I'll toss in this compile fix as well (which, again, Epic didn't run into...).
                      Last edited by ExtraLifeMatt; 04-23-2019, 11:17 AM.

Comment

What system are you compiling on? Interesting that I haven't hit that (or Epic for that matter).

It should likely be
                        Code:
                        FuncNode->FunctionReference.SetFromField<UFunction>(Func, Ability->GetClass());
                        EDIT: I need to do a small edit to the update and resubmit tonight, so I'll toss in this compile fix as well (which, again, Epic didn't run into...).
                        yes,it works

Comment

Alright, Able v3.0.3 is submitted. It fixes quite a few bugs with the 3.0 update, including dynamic fields not working properly, the Preview/Target drop downs not properly populating, and a crash with channeled abilities (which is what was biting Demonrras )
                          Great and fast work sir!!!

When this fix update will be available for us?
                          You can update the change log on https://extralifestudios.atlassian.n...95469/Overview?

att,

Comment

Originally posted by Demonrras View Post

Great and fast work sir!!!

When this fix update will be available for us?
                            You can update the change log on https://extralifestudios.atlassian.n...95469/Overview?

att,
                            I'm going to re-arrange a lot of the documentation. But yea, I'll change that up to be the most recent version / notes.

Comment

When the new v3.0.3 will be available for us?

Comment

Thanks Matt for answer. I have hopefully last question:
                                Why tasks doesn't have time ratio variable? Can't track actual progress of a task in a task or outside...

I can't even get TaskScratchPad from outside to get my custom time ratio progress.
                                Last edited by intoxicat3; 04-24-2019, 06:35 AM.
                                How to create first person shooter game from scratch. Lots of tutorials: http://www.shootertutorial.com - celebrating 50th Tutorial!

Comment

Working...
                                X