Able Ability System Info and Support Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Play Animation Node,i set this Play Rate from 1.0 to 2.0,but this Timing End Time contrary,it elongate! This change it from 2 to 4,Right should 2 to 1.
    Another,i set Animation Mode "Ability Animation Node' ,and i set "loop" is ture,but this Animation always play once.I make sure i set true Machine Name and Ability State Name.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ExtraLifeMatt View Post
    Knaarke So that crash is due to some funkiness when recompiling the Blueprint that causes nullptrs in the Blueprint Graphs when the game launches in standalone via the Editor. It's a one line fix (I've reported it to Epic a few weeks back - but then the Holidays hit), so if you don't mind editing Engine code - I can give you the fix.
    Thanks for the fast reply. I'll be out until end of next week. If its not done by then I'll come back to your offer.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    George.Xiao not sure I follow, but I'll check your change out.
    Knaarke So that crash is due to some funkiness when recompiling the Blueprint that causes nullptrs in the Blueprint Graphs when the game launches in standalone via the Editor. It's a one line fix (I've reported it to Epic a few weeks back - but then the Holidays hit), so if you don't mind editing Engine code - I can give you the fix.

Leave a comment:

• replied

Spoiler

Hey,

because of some Multiplayer setting I've got to test my project in Standalone but I'm getting pretty much the same Problem as "CrimsonWingzz" had.
    I've tried some things without greater results.
    My Log including my Abilitys made with AbleEditor:

Spoiler

After that I simply just deleted my selfmade Abilitys Folder to check if it works..and yeah it starts in Standalone
    with the following Log (which I think are mostly because of the now missing references):

Spoiler

Back then you answered, that the Version could be the problem. Could it be that switchting to newer Versions with my Project got me this error.
    Right now I'm running UE4 4.18.2 and the newest MP Version of AbleAbilitySystems.

I'm grateful for every tip and help.

Leave a comment:

• replied

What did that fix for you? If you're already in AnimationBlueprint mode, then setting it again shouldn't do anything. Basically the check you added is in the SetAnimationMode method anyway.

Also, I purposely didn't add an IsEnabled option because I've worked with similar systems and you end up with large amounts of disabled Tasks because Designers will see no benefit to deleting the task ("Well, maybe I'll use it again some day?"). Which means you have just useless data you are iterating through every time you go to launch an Ability which is just wasted time. I opted for forcing deleting so that Abilities were clean and as lean as possible.
    Before SetAnimationMode we must check state, because it will call InitializeAnimScriptInstance in SetAnimationMode function, and this will let our combo animation not very smooth.[UE4.18]

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by George.Xiao View Post

Hi, Happy new year!
    I finally found the problem, and fixed it like picture show. Hope you can also fixed it at next update, thanks! By the way, I give you a suggest, you can add a "IsEnable" option in Task base class, so that we can iteration our ability more easy, Not delete it, Hmmm.. , not so good, add it agian, Oh, god, my option must redo. Just a suggest.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20171226155732.png
Views:	8
Size:	26.6 KB
ID:	1404573
    What did that fix for you? If you're already in AnimationBlueprint mode, then setting it again shouldn't do anything. Basically the check you added is in the SetAnimationMode method anyway.

Also, I purposely didn't add an IsEnabled option because I've worked with similar systems and you end up with large amounts of disabled Tasks because Designers will see no benefit to deleting the task ("Well, maybe I'll use it again some day?"). Which means you have just useless data you are iterating through every time you go to launch an Ability which is just wasted time. I opted for forcing deleting so that Abilities were clean and as lean as possible.

Leave a comment:

• replied

Hmmm... I don't see you specifying a blend time in there, I assume Play Montage is just defaulting to some blend. I'll investigate.
    Hi, Happy new year!
    I finally found the problem, and fixed it like picture show. Hope you can also fixed it at next update, thanks! By the way, I give you a suggest, you can add a "IsEnable" option in Task base class, so that we can iteration our ability more easy, Not delete it, Hmmm.. , not so good, add it agian, Oh, god, my option must redo. Just a suggest.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20171226155732.png
Views:	8
Size:	26.6 KB
ID:	1404573

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Kuro_Dev View Post
    Idk if this has been asked before but would it be possible to have an ability that holds all the animations, collisions, etc. and depending on the button input switches between the animations. As an example say I have a light attack combo right, that has different cancel windows that leads to a different combo from each cancel would it be possible to hold all of that in a single ability or would I have to make a separate ability per move?
    You would make individual Abilities and then link them using Branch actions. So, a typical combo chain would look like: Light Attack 1 -> Light Attack 2 -> Light Attack 3 -> Heavy Attack/Flourish

So that's 4 separate Abilities, each with their collision/animation/sounds/effects, and you just link them with some input on the Branch check (input, a game stat of some sort, or whatever you need).

Having all that info in one HUGE ability would be really cumbersome to work with (or let's say you wanted to remove Light Attack 3 or replace it with something else - you'd have to redo the entire thing).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Idk if this has been asked before but would it be possible to have an ability that holds all the animations, collisions, etc. and depending on the button input switches between the animations. As an example say I have a light attack combo right, that has different cancel windows that leads to a different combo from each cancel would it be possible to hold all of that in a single ability or would I have to make a separate ability per move?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Matt,

1. Can you make your AI decorators and tasks be able to take blackboard keys that specify the ability, rather than having to specify the exact ability in the behavior tree? If I'm using various AIs that share a behavior tree, but have different abilities for their attacks, I need to be able to push those into the tree.

2. Can you provide a map of values I can push into the ability context that I can pull out later in callback methods on the ability? Again, it's helpful to setup some ability functionality and then pass specific data on creation that is evaluated on execution.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by George.Xiao View Post
    Hi, I found a bug when i use custom task function, i create a custom task and added to ability, then i modify custom task code and recompile, if i open the ability at this time, it will cause crash or disable the task in ability. Picture show the crash code and reason.Click image for larger version

Name:	QQ截图20171219143428.png
Views:	13
Size:	165.5 KB
ID:	1401937
    I'll add a check there to fix the crash and remove any null ptrs. UE4 can be a bit finicky when it comes to referencing a blueprint that then gets recompiled and thus the class changes.

Thanks for the report!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi, I found a bug when i use custom task function, i create a custom task and added to ability, then i modify custom task code and recompile, if i open the ability at this time, it will cause crash or disable the task in ability. Picture show the crash code and reason.Click image for larger version

Name:	QQ截图20171219143428.png
Views:	13
Size:	165.5 KB
ID:	1401937

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I found another bug and fix it like picture show.Click image for larger version

Name:	20171219112844.png
Views:	9
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	1401878

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by intoxicat3 View Post
    Can you help? Basically Times need Context and when I create Context it creates "new ability" so can't get actual running time for passive ability.
    PM'd you the required changes.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    you could easily add it though
    Can you help? Basically Times need Context and when I create Context it creates "new ability" so can't get actual running time for passive ability.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X