Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    ExtraLifeMatt Hi there,

I just bought Able a few days ago and have played around with it quite a bit.
    So far I really like the concept and how everything works together
    BUT (Yep there it is)
    I have a few problems:

- When making an MG-Ability like in your Shooter-Video the Targets in the Context won´t be "refreshed" on every loop.

You can even see this problem in your Video when you say: "Don´t know why this guy keeps falling but whatever"
    The problem why he kept falling is that if you hit him once and then shoot somewhere else the damage task will still hit him and he takes damage no matter where you aim.
    I tried to manually clear the Targets on every new Loop but didn´t have any luck :/
    That gives me quite a headache ^^

- Next "Problem" but more a hint if you didn´t know already: When pressing the Validate button in the Timeline Editor when there is no task the Engine crashes. (Not a big deal because why should I validate if there is nothing to validate^^)

- Another thing (Don´t know if its just me but I had this in one existing and two fresh projects): When creating a custom task + correctly linked Scratchpad I see the task three times in the Ability-Editor. One with the name i gave the task - One with the Name + "Default" and one with the Name + SKEL + Default and if I click one of them to add it the Editor crashes

And then questions:
    - Would it be possible to implement Owner-Components as source of a Raycast? Would be very handy for my thinking because i would like to do things like raycast from a socket on my Weapon-Mesh which is automatically switched at the same time the Fire-Ability is changed.

- Same for Animation-Tasks: Would it be possible to implement a feature to choose a target SK-Mesh to play the Animation on? I.E. for playing Weapon Animations the easy way. (Got around this with custom events and such which is also super handy and useful but I bet you could give us the Candy of doing it even more easy )

- The last thing I can think of right now is that it would really make me happy if we could play Particle-Tasks directly at the Hit-Location of a Raycast

And now if any of the above are already answered or I am just thinking the wrong way - please don´t kill me and push me in the right direction

Last but not least: I love Able and thank you for all your work. I really appreciate it <3

Leave a comment:

• replied
    aww thanks That sounds really good. Like rest of it i can figure things out.
    The jump to move to sounds brilliant for my type of game?
    Seen Supernatural TV Series?
    Basing it on that. It would be crazy cool if i can get official thing by company that made TV Show.......
    Look at friday 13th game starting out as summer camp and Makers of movie stepped in and gave funding and actors :O

If i can get it working, ghost charge through character will be great to do and damage them.
    I am making the whole game based on DT's (Datatables) So to harm spirits, Salt and iron can damage them and make them teleport nearby. Demons in smoke form using particles is also another fun feature and they can fling people through the air and throw them around

You play as Hunters and can use weapons such as Salt round shotguns and Iron bars

Will look out for it this weekend. Cheers matt

Jesse

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by jwyuen View Post
    Hi how far are you on the update?
    It's pretty much done. Just need to build against 4.22 and check things as a final test. Hoping to submit things early this weekend.

I expect bugs with JumpTo/MoveTo but I'm not going to hold up the entire update for those two tasks. I also think those tasks are just going to have to be written per project, there's no great way to generalize them (as I've discovered) but maybe it'll give some people ideas on how to write them for their own stuff.

The rest of 3.0 is honestly crazy awesome. Super excited to share it (finally).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi how far are you on the update?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by xermao View Post

GetGameInstance,GetPlayerController,GetAllActorOfClass,GetAllActorWithTag.

1. May be this is a bug?I make a collision task in able,the collison channel set to my custom channle named "enemy",of course I set all enemy to the this channel.
    then I override On Collsion Event function, when the function called,in Hit Entities,it never get enemy.I set collision task channel back to WorldDynamic,and it works fine.
    In my enemy blueprint nothing is in WorldDynamic channel,they all in "enemy" channle.

2. If I set Query source to Target Actor,when Target Actor is null, it will crash editor in
    AActor* SourceActor = m_QueryLocation.GetSourceActor(*Context.Get());
    I know I'm in a wrong way to use query task,but how ever it should not crash,you can give a message to tell user it's wrong.
    1. I would double check your collision settings. Sounds like somehow your enemies are getting put on the WorldDynamic layer. Able just passes things along to the underlying collision query call, but I'll double check to make sure.

2. So, normally I actually prefer crashing than limping along. The crash is the message, in a way. However, this case may be a bit overzealous. I'll see if I can make it more forgiving.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ExtraLifeMatt View Post

Bah, I see how they want that setup. I'll pass in the world context object which will expose that.

EDIT: What methods are you specifically trying to access the world from?
    GetGameInstance,GetPlayerController,GetAllActorOfClass,GetAllActorWithTag.

1. May be this is a bug?I make a collision task in able,the collison channel set to my custom channle named "enemy",of course I set all enemy to the this channel.
    then I override On Collsion Event function, when the function called,in Hit Entities,it never get enemy.I set collision task channel back to WorldDynamic,and it works fine.
    In my enemy blueprint nothing is in WorldDynamic channel,they all in "enemy" channle.

2. If I set Query source to Target Actor,when Target Actor is null, it will crash editor in
    AActor* SourceActor = m_QueryLocation.GetSourceActor(*Context.Get());
    I know I'm in a wrong way to use query task,but how ever it should not crash,you can give a message to tell user it's wrong.
    Last edited by xermao; 04-02-2019, 08:32 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied

GetWorld is not unavailable in blueprint, and I don't want to use c++
    Bah, I see how they want that setup. I'll pass in the world context object which will expose that.

EDIT: What methods are you specifically trying to access the world from?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ExtraLifeMatt View Post

I'm looking into this. Trying to repro it locally.

You should be able to get those through the Context.

Context->GetSelfActor->GetWorld->GetAllActorsOfClass
    GetWorld is not unavailable in blueprint, and I don't want to use c++

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Its got animation and stuff in no custom task
    I'm looking into this. Trying to repro it locally.
    I found that a lot of function is unavailable in AblAbility's blueprint.Is there any way to call get controller,or get all actor of class,BlueprintFunctionLibrary?
    You should be able to get those through the Context.

Context->GetSelfActor->GetWorld->GetAllActorsOfClass

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I found that a lot of function is unavailable in AblAbility's blueprint.Is there any way to call get controller,or get all actor of class,BlueprintFunctionLibrary?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Its got animation and stuff in no custom task

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi Matt,

Reporting a Bug:
    Made a Base Ability and everytime i make a Child of that Base, It Crashes UE4.
    You know about this?

LoginId:fccb8f874804dfd45b73dd83fc7fffda
    EpicAccountId:506d6d1a590d441cbefea319a8150060

You do not have any debugging symbols required to display the callstack for this crash.

Jesse
    Does that Ability have a Custom Task? Or is it just a plain Ability and you're inheriting from it?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi Matt,

Reporting a Bug:
    Made a Base Ability and everytime i make a Child of that Base, It Crashes UE4.
    You know about this?

LoginId:fccb8f874804dfd45b73dd83fc7fffda
    EpicAccountId:506d6d1a590d441cbefea319a8150060

You do not have any debugging symbols required to display the callstack for this crash.

Jesse

Leave a comment:

• replied
    haha Matt,
    You a Genius, doing a Lot of research and planning. Game is gonna be just all Gameplay Tags and Data tables!
    Since there is so much involved in this game, Like only certain things can kill different things
    Vampires can only be decapitated and Ghosts can be attacked by Iron or salt for example, Using Gameplay Tag containers in the datatables in order to get the info on the enemies
    Gonna make a couple of Actor components and BPI also and base all characters including enemies and players off base character in it

Cheers matt

Leave a comment:

• replied
    well it works now Woop
    You should check it out. Awesome and easy to use to make any AI!!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X