Able Ability System Info and Support Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Also, sorry for the double post, but I've been having another issue that I can't seem to figure out. Whenever I branch into another ability, the branched ability plays much faster. I'm not sure if it's the animation or the ability itself, but I tried disabling "scale with ability play rate" and it didn't change anything. I have a simple sword slash that branches into itself (I tried other abilities as well), and if I press and hold mouse, the first ability plays fine, then the second one plays nearly twice as fast. Then the third one plays normal again, and then the fourth one fast again, and it keeps repeating in this pattern.

At first I thought it was some issue with the blending, that maybe I was branching too early causing it to look like that, but I placed the branch all the way at the end and the same thing still happens. If I just wait a few frames more for the ability to end and then trigger the ability to end, it plays normally, meaning it's not a blending issue since the pose is pretty much the same.

Any idea what this could be?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ExtraLifeMatt View Post

You're hitting Play and it's not previewing? Do you have some other variable/cast you are adding in the Animation Blueprint that could be causing it to early out when in the Editor?

There's no difference code wise between the Editor preview and normal in-game execution, so I'd double check your animation blueprint.
    Yeah, it was that. I was using a Skeletal mesh as my preview asset rather than the pawn, and the skeletal mesh doesn't contain the Ability Component. My bad! Thanks again.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by fernmerc View Post
    Do you know why Ability Animation Node animation tasks don't preview in the editor for me? Single node animations do, however. It's properly configured and works in-game.
    You're hitting Play and it's not previewing? Do you have some other variable/cast you are adding in the Animation Blueprint that could be causing it to early out when in the Editor?

There's no difference code wise between the Editor preview and normal in-game execution, so I'd double check your animation blueprint.

Leave a comment:

• replied

Yup, that's supported. You would just use GetSelfActor rather than the Target I used in the Dynamic Damage Calculation video. Calculate damage was designed to be able to query stats from the caster/instigator/target.
    Thanks, time to buy it :P

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Do you know why Ability Animation Node animation tasks don't preview in the editor for me? Single node animations do, however. It's properly configured and works in-game.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by SiulX View Post
    Hi ExtraLifeMatt, when we "Apply Damage" can I use values from the Source to calculate the total amount?

Example : My character have 30 Power attack and I want to add that value to the ability damage output.
    Example2 : Skill have a chance to give a critical hit, and the critical rate can change based on the source critical chance.

I am asking this question because I got the feeling they are not possible after I watch your tutorial on Dynamic Damage Calculation and Burning Man, holding me from getting this plugin.
    Yup, that's supported. You would just use GetSelfActor rather than the Target I used in the Dynamic Damage Calculation video. Calculate damage was designed to be able to query stats from the caster/instigator/target.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi ExtraLifeMatt, when we "Apply Damage" can I use values from the Source to calculate the total amount?

Example : My character have 30 Power attack and I want to add that value to the ability damage output.
    Example2 : Skill have a chance to give a critical hit, and the critical rate can change based on the source critical chance.

I am asking this question because I got the feeling they are not possible after I watch your tutorial on Dynamic Damage Calculation and Burning Man, holding me from getting this plugin.
    Last edited by SiulX; 03-06-2018, 01:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by shadowkami View Post

Only change rotation x 0 tp 20. And this forward left and right is not central symmetry.
    Are you using a Socket Rotation as well?
    I can't blend with montage,I set blend in and out 0.25.But it not working.Only first able played is working.But it working with AnimBP.I'm sure canceled the pervious able.It only play but no blend.
    I'm looking into montages blending on top of other montages. Previously you could only Play a Montage and not supply blend parameters, that may have changed in the recent UE4 versions so I'll double check that that's still the case. If you pass in just Animation Sequences, then those should blend properly.

Leave a comment:

• replied

Can you post an image with what you are seeing (as well as the parameters for the rotation)?
    Only change rotation x 0 tp 20. And this forward left and right is not central symmetry.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I can't blend with montage,I set blend in and out 0.25.But it not working.Only first able played is working.But it working with AnimBP.I'm sure canceled the pervious able.It only play but no blend.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Something wrong with collision query node,i want set BoxShape's Rotation,but this location become far the way.How can I set rotation make this Box' location true.
    Can you post an image with what you are seeing (as well as the parameters for the rotation)?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Something wrong with collision query node,i want set BoxShape's Rotation,but this location become far the way.How can I set rotation make this Box' location true.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ophi42 View Post
    Hi, there. The Spawn Actor Task Location "Use Socket Rotation" seems to be broken. When I enable it the actors are spawned close to the origin instead of source. Looking at the code it looks like the component-space transform of the socket is used in this case instead of world space transform. This is in UE4.18 and able 2.15. Am I missing something maybe? Cheers!
    Hmm, that could just be a space problem as you point out. I'll investigate and if it's just the component space vs world space - I'll get a fix in for this upcoming update.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi, there. The Spawn Actor Task Location "Use Socket Rotation" seems to be broken. When I enable it the actors are spawned close to the origin instead of source. Looking at the code it looks like the component-space transform of the socket is used in this case instead of world space transform. This is in UE4.18 and able 2.15. Am I missing something maybe? Cheers!

Leave a comment:

• replied

There's also a CustomCanBranchTo method that allows you to check things before a branch is queued up (and subsequently fails). Put your Stamina check there as well and it shouldn't queue up the branch (and thus the ability will play completely).
    That's perfect! Not sure how I missed that, thanks!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X