X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by jfaztk View Post
    Hello,

Could you somehow "pin" the default ability so that it shows up first when we create a new ability? Once we have a decent amount I see the designers getting a bit confused. Or maybe add the option to blacklist abilities from showing up on that list? That way I can only have "AblAbility", "BasicMeleeAttack", etc. there. Thanks!
    Yea, I can toss it at the top or toss in some option to hide inherited classes. It confuses me too every time, so I've been meaning to change it.
    Originally posted by Menelin View Post
    I was able to run the .bat files, but can't find the .sln file.
    The UE4.sln should be in the same directory you ran "GenerateProjectFiles.bat". You might want to go on YouTube and just search "Build UE4 source" as I bet someone has a good video tutorial for this.
    Originally posted by intoxicat3 View Post
    Yes. Any chance you can add OnAbilityStarted / Ended / Interupted virtual voids to AblAbility.h? Basically you have events for BP but nothing for C++.
    That was added for the AbilityComponent, but not the Ability itself. I see. Yea, I can see about adding that. I'm not sure it'll be 1:1 with the BP side (since BP nativization is pretty decent, it gets compiled to C++ anyway so I didn't have any huge performance concerns) - but I can see the appeal of having some of the larger hooks having a C++ counterpart.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Was there something specifically you were looking for?
    Yes. Any chance you can add OnAbilityStarted / Ended / Interupted virtual voids to AblAbility.h? Basically you have events for BP but nothing for C++.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello,
    I have a question. I want to activate not passive ability and cancel current when it is running. Is tt possible atm for only passive abilities? I found function CanInterruptAbility but what is purpose of it?
    Thanks

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ExtraLifeMatt View Post
    You should be doing this:
    1.) Download the latest version of the engine source from Git ( https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine/releases ). If you can't view that page, you need to follow the instructions here: https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/ue4-on-github
    2.) Unzip the file to some directory on your computer.
    3.) Run Setup.bat
    4.) Run GenerateProjectFiles.bat
    5.) Open up the UE4.sln file in Visual Studio, then you can navigate to that BlueprintUtils file, make the change, and build the Solution.
    I was able to run the .bat files, but can't find the .sln file.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello,

Could you somehow "pin" the default ability so that it shows up first when we create a new ability? Once we have a decent amount I see the designers getting a bit confused. Or maybe add the option to blacklist abilities from showing up on that list? That way I can only have "AblAbility", "BasicMeleeAttack", etc. there. Thanks!
    Last edited by jfaztk; 02-12-2018, 02:53 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by AngeIV View Post
    Anim montage blend properly that would be sexy update
    Can you elaborate? You mean Dynamic Montage blending?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Anim montage blend properly that would be sexy update

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by intoxicat3 View Post
    Hope next update will be focused more on C++ than BP.
    Next update is just a few tweaks and stuff, as well as 4.19 support. No new features. Was there something specifically you were looking for?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hope next update will be focused more on C++ than BP.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Able just notified me on an update in the engine. Did you update it or is it nothing?
    I didn't push any update, so I'm not sure what that would be. v2.15 is the latest (next update will go out when 4.19 is released).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Able just notified me on an update in the engine. Did you update it or is it nothing?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ExtraLifeMatt View Post

Sorry for the delayed response to any emails, it's been a hectic week.

You can call abilities in C++ simply by getting the actor's AblAbilityComponent and calling "ActivateAbility". You need to create a context (there's just a static method in FAblAbilityContext called "MakeContext" that will do that for you), and then just pass it in.

Should be pretty straight forward.
    Yeah that sounds fine, thanks!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by jfaztk View Post
    Greetings,

How do I call abilities in C++? Sorry if this has been asked before, but I tried finding C++ documentation and it was empty.

P.S: I have sent you a couple of emails so if you could read those that'd be great
    Sorry for the delayed response to any emails, it's been a hectic week.

You can call abilities in C++ simply by getting the actor's AblAbilityComponent and calling "ActivateAbility". You need to create a context (there's just a static method in FAblAbilityContext called "MakeContext" that will do that for you), and then just pass it in.

Should be pretty straight forward.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Greetings,

How do I call abilities in C++? Sorry if this has been asked before, but I tried finding C++ documentation and it was empty.

P.S: I have sent you a couple of emails so if you could read those that'd be great

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The problem with the official tutorials is that it assumes I have a background in coding. The first step is to find the root directory and run GenerateProjectFiles.bat, but it's not in any of the UE folders I've looked at.
    Did you follow the Downloading Unreal Engine steps first?

You should be doing this:
    1.) Download the latest version of the engine source from Git ( https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine/releases ). If you can't view that page, you need to follow the instructions here: https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/ue4-on-github
    2.) Unzip the file to some directory on your computer.
    3.) Run Setup.bat
    4.) Run GenerateProjectFiles.bat
    5.) Open up the UE4.sln file in Visual Studio, then you can navigate to that BlueprintUtils file, make the change, and build the Solution.

Running a custom version of the engine isn't terribly simple, but it's do-able. If this seems like too much, I would suggest just not using the "Play Session" until I can work a fix out with the Epic guys.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X