Able Ability System Info and Support Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    ExtraLifeMatt Got a request On damage event - bindable damage TYPE object.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by MichaelLiew View Post

It's OK, I used another method, but I will waiting for your patch also.
    Yea, I'll definitely get it with the 4.26 update. If something else pops up, I'll try and get it in sooner.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ExtraLifeMatt View Post

I can look at that. It may have to wait till the 4.26 support patch, but we'll see. I already have one update pending so that needs to clear.
    It's OK, I used another method, but I will waiting for your patch also.
    Last edited by MichaelLiew; 10-06-2020, 09:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied

Nice! Thank you very much!

Problem: My one ability is looping, and I found this ability's task's Disable just only check at first loop, but I need to check every loop, in order to Enable/Disable some task at runtime. btw, my ability is activity ability not passive.

Hope you can update as fast as you can, cause I am eager to use. Thanks!
    I can look at that. It may have to wait till the 4.26 support patch, but we'll see. I already have one update pending so that needs to clear.

Leave a comment:

• replied

There is a "Dynamic Property Identifier" on every task. Just add something there and it'll change the method to "OnGetDynamicProperty_Identifier_Disabled".

Sure, I can look into that.
    Nice! Thank you very much!

Problem: My one ability is looping, and I found this ability's task's Disable just only check at first loop, but I need to check every loop, in order to Enable/Disable some task at runtime. btw, my ability is activity ability not passive.

Hope you can update as fast as you can, cause I am eager to use. Thanks!
    Last edited by MichaelLiew; 10-06-2020, 03:41 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied

Nope, that should be all. Check your logs there's probably some reason it's being skipped. In the Able Setttings there is a Verbose option that will tell you any time an Ability was submitted and not played.
    I forgot all about verbose. Thank you! I was able to figure it out.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by TVwj View Post
    I have a simple question. I am trying to use behavior trees using the "Play Ability" task, but nothing happens. It just straight up skips it.
    I added the AblAbility component to my character already, and the ability works in the ability editor.
    Am I doing something wrong?
    Nope, that should be all. Check your logs there's probably some reason it's being skipped. In the Able Setttings there is a Verbose option that will tell you any time an Ability was submitted and not played.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have a simple question. I am trying to use behavior trees using the "Play Ability" task, but nothing happens. It just straight up skips it.
    I added the AblAbility component to my character already, and the ability works in the ability editor.
    Am I doing something wrong?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Able v3.46 submitted. Notes below.

Able v3.46

- Fix to Play Rate not showing as bindable on Play Animation Task.

- Added Bindable Blend times for Dynamic Montage (Single Instance Animation / Ability Animation Node use FAlphaBlend which is an engine class that doesn't support Blueprint editting - so they're unable to support runtime changes for the moment).

- Fixed to Overlap Watcher not running it's clear targets call if there were no overlaps detected.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    As AngelV said, it's "On Spawned Actor"

https://able.extralifestudios.com/wi..._Spawned_Actor

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by CoolBeardMan View Post
    I apologise if this was asked once before.

I have a question about the Spawn Actor task.
    More specifically:
    Can I somehow get a reference to the Spawned actor inside the Ability Blueprint?
    There is a function to overwrite that is being run right after you spawn the actor and the spawned actor is the entry reference plug. So you can cast / call interface / do stuff with it. (although I don't remember the name of the function without checking but its easy to find, as names are hard to get wrong in ABLE functions)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I apologise if this was asked once before.

I have a question about the Spawn Actor task.
    More specifically:
    Can I somehow get a reference to the Spawned actor inside the Ability Blueprint?

Leave a comment:

• replied

Hi, Task's DynamicProperty no task name, so I can't distinguish at runtime, "OnGetDynamicPropertyDisabled" for example, how can I do?
    There is a "Dynamic Property Identifier" on every task. Just add something there and it'll change the method to "OnGetDynamicProperty_Identifier_Disabled".

Btw, I want to change PlayAnimation(DynamicMontage) blendin\blendout at runtime, hope you can add this feature, thanks a lot !
    Sure, I can look into that.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Btw, I want to change PlayAnimation(DynamicMontage) blendin\blendout at runtime, hope you can add this feature, thanks a lot !

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi, Task's DynamicProperty no task name, so I can't distinguish at runtime, "OnGetDynamicPropertyDisabled" for example, how can I do?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X