Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by MichaelLiew View Post

OK, I decide to ignore that warning, hhhh.

Another question, Is it possible to manually sync once? because I want some important able can play on client immidately, I looked your source code, and notice that you using property replication to sync able
    Anything that is marked as Client/Server is played immediately on the client that does the action (i.e., the Player).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ExtraLifeMatt View Post

Hmm, that's from the animation system - not from Able. It's saying you can't transfer that AnimMontage over the wire. Able doesn't pass that information, but the Character Movement Component does so I wonder if that's what's complaining.

Dynamic Montages in general aren't Net safe because they are dynamic (meaning you can't just pass an ID and have the Client look up that animation since Dynamic montages are made on the fly), so you'd need to either make that a single animation or remove root motion and replace that with some impulse.
    OK, I decide to ignore that warning, hhhh.

Another question, Is it possible to manually sync once? because I want some important able can play on client immidately, I looked your source code, and notice that you using property replication to sync able

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by MichaelLiew View Post
    Hi, I found a problem, I play able on my AI character, and able play a dynamic montage, if animation sequence enable root motion engine will warning "FNetGUIDCache::SupportsObject: AnimMontage /Engine/Transient.AnimMontage_148 NOT Supported."
    Hmm, that's from the animation system - not from Able. It's saying you can't transfer that AnimMontage over the wire. Able doesn't pass that information, but the Character Movement Component does so I wonder if that's what's complaining.

Dynamic Montages in general aren't Net safe because they are dynamic (meaning you can't just pass an ID and have the Client look up that animation since Dynamic montages are made on the fly), so you'd need to either make that a single animation or remove root motion and replace that with some impulse.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi, I found a problem, I play able on my AI character, and able play a dynamic montage, if animation sequence enable root motion engine will warning "FNetGUIDCache::SupportsObject: AnimMontage /Engine/Transient.AnimMontage_148 NOT Supported."

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by AngeIV View Post

Maybe its because "client can cancel ability" is false and he cancels previous ability by hand. Also in video I can see you grab "active ability" class AFTER you cancel it - so the active ability is not valid, so get class errors out.
    All this conditioning should be "branch" condition inside the first ability. Can cancel is now build into ability. The way you handle it in the event is not threat-safe.
    I don't think this is the issue but if you can help me i would gladly appreciated I did PM you.

Thanks in advanced

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by bossexe View Post
    i just checked. they dont use any collisions >.< i backed the project on my backup computer, when i open the project there the first time i use the skill it works fine....the second and from there on after it never does....weird.
    could it be that something is saved somewhere and it wont work because of that?
    I will take a look at it on our next help session

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i just checked. they dont use any collisions >.< i backed the project on my backup computer, when i open the project there the first time i use the skill it works fine....the second and from there on after it never does....weird.
    could it be that something is saved somewhere and it wont work because of that?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    bossexe are those particles use collision component and can collide with stuff? If so - make sure your mesh and character capsule ignore the collision channel of the particles.

Leave a comment:

• replied

Not sure why calling the Event on your character wouldn't work. But you should be able to grab your Owner Actor -> Grab your Ability Component -> Activate Ability with the one you want to use.
    Maybe its because "client can cancel ability" is false and he cancels previous ability by hand. Also in video I can see you grab "active ability" class AFTER you cancel it - so the active ability is not valid, so get class errors out.
    All this conditioning should be "branch" condition inside the first ability. Can cancel is now build into ability. The way you handle it in the event is not threat-safe.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    hey there

i was wondering if there is something i have to note and check when working with particels in able? because some particelsystems seem to break when i use them in the ability
    -some like in the screenshot seem to break alot and some just have certain effects gone

any idea what that may be?

Click image for larger version

Name:	explosion.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	200.2 KB
ID:	1812576

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Jose Gabriel View Post

How would i play the next ability i tried doing it i get the print with the percent so that is working. I tried using my characters play ability custom event and it does not work.

I wll give a youtube link so you can see what I have.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IbXgQA-wzw

Not sure why calling the Event on your character wouldn't work. But you should be able to grab your Owner Actor -> Grab your Ability Component -> Activate Ability with the one you want to use.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    1. Make an Ability, call it something like ChargedShot. Set it to channeling -> Input Channel Condition -> Fire or whatever button you want bound to it. This makes it so you have to hold the button for the Ability to continue playing.
    2. Set the Ability to looping and set the loop window to some small section at the end of the Ability (If you're ability is 3 seconds, set the loop segment from 2.8 - 3.0, or something similar). This makes it so as long as you hold the button, the Ability will loop over and over at the end without exiting.
    3. In the Ability Blueprint, OnAbilityEnd -> Call the GetAbilityCurrentTimeRatio -> If the ratio is less than 0.33, activate the small blast, if it's less than 0.66 activate the medium blast, otherwise activate the large blast.
    So, the general flow is you have 1 Ability that will activate 1 of 3 different Abilitys depending on when it ends.

How would i play the next ability i tried doing it i get the print with the percent so that is working. I tried using my characters play ability custom event and it does not work.

I wll give a youtube link so you can see what I have.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IbXgQA-wzw

Leave a comment:

• replied
    yeah... making it default true is fine... As long as you can change some abilities to false. actually in many games buffs and positive effects are cancelable... so why not. and any responsible game dev won't leave stuff on default but pay attention to values like this By the way, thanks for the updates! I appreciate all the hard work you're putting into this system! I encourage anyone I know that is REALLY working on a game to use this system instead of GAS.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by AngeIV View Post
    ExtraLifeMatt The "can client cancel" default value "false" makes "on input" channel to stop working, as breaking the input condition is doing on client-side cancel. IT probably need some extra condition, as debuffs are usually not channelled. Or it should change the default value to true if the ability uses input channel condition.
    Yea, that's expected currently. I can change the default value to True globally (I don't like making it based on some logic the user isn't aware of), but then you open it up to being "unsafe" (hacking-wise) by default. I err'd on the side of security but it does make it seem like a bug to new users - so I may swap it back.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ExtraLifeMatt The "can client cancel" default value "false" makes "on input" channel to stop working, as breaking the input condition is doing on client-side cancel. IT probably need some extra condition, as debuffs are usually not channelled. Or it should change the default value to true if the ability uses input channel condition.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X