Able Ability System Info and Support Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Menelin View Post

I'm seeing many different tutorials on how to build the engine from source. Do you know of one that would be best for what we're trying to do here?
    The official ones seem fine:

https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest...ine/index.html

https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest...gUnrealEngine/
    Able Ability System - A high performance, robust ability system for UE4. Now Available!

Comment

Im having issues when the Server is playing an ability, the Client will see the Server play the ability but the rotation is wrong. However When the Client plays an Ability, the Server sees it right. Any idea why this happens?

Comment

How do I use Damage types with this plugin?

Comment

Originally posted by Calibursz View Post
          Im having issues when the Server is playing an ability, the Client will see the Server play the ability but the rotation is wrong. However When the Client plays an Ability, the Server sees it right. Any idea why this happens?
          Are you replicating out your character rotation? Able doesn't control that, so you need to make sure you're properly setting your movement replication on the character. Or are you using some task in particular you are seeing this issue with?
          Originally posted by Mozzy306 View Post
          How do I use Damage types with this plugin?
          Define Damage Types. Do you mean the UE4 ones? Like Radial, etc? Those aren't currently supported. The best way to do damage types in Able is to simply use GameplayTags. You can see my tutorial on that here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cAP5eqTb2Y
          Able Ability System - A high performance, robust ability system for UE4. Now Available!

Comment

The problem with the official tutorials is that it assumes I have a background in coding. The first step is to find the root directory and run GenerateProjectFiles.bat, but it's not in any of the UE folders I've looked at.

Comment

The problem with the official tutorials is that it assumes I have a background in coding. The first step is to find the root directory and run GenerateProjectFiles.bat, but it's not in any of the UE folders I've looked at.
              Did you follow the Downloading Unreal Engine steps first?

You should be doing this:
              1.) Download the latest version of the engine source from Git ( https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine/releases ). If you can't view that page, you need to follow the instructions here: https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/ue4-on-github
              2.) Unzip the file to some directory on your computer.
              3.) Run Setup.bat
              4.) Run GenerateProjectFiles.bat
              5.) Open up the UE4.sln file in Visual Studio, then you can navigate to that BlueprintUtils file, make the change, and build the Solution.

Running a custom version of the engine isn't terribly simple, but it's do-able. If this seems like too much, I would suggest just not using the "Play Session" until I can work a fix out with the Epic guys.

Comment

Greetings,

How do I call abilities in C++? Sorry if this has been asked before, but I tried finding C++ documentation and it was empty.

P.S: I have sent you a couple of emails so if you could read those that'd be great

Comment

Originally posted by jfaztk View Post
                  Greetings,

How do I call abilities in C++? Sorry if this has been asked before, but I tried finding C++ documentation and it was empty.

P.S: I have sent you a couple of emails so if you could read those that'd be great
                  Sorry for the delayed response to any emails, it's been a hectic week.

You can call abilities in C++ simply by getting the actor's AblAbilityComponent and calling "ActivateAbility". You need to create a context (there's just a static method in FAblAbilityContext called "MakeContext" that will do that for you), and then just pass it in.

Should be pretty straight forward.

Comment

Originally posted by ExtraLifeMatt View Post

Sorry for the delayed response to any emails, it's been a hectic week.

You can call abilities in C++ simply by getting the actor's AblAbilityComponent and calling "ActivateAbility". You need to create a context (there's just a static method in FAblAbilityContext called "MakeContext" that will do that for you), and then just pass it in.

Should be pretty straight forward.
                    Yeah that sounds fine, thanks!

Comment

Able just notified me on an update in the engine. Did you update it or is it nothing?

Comment

Able just notified me on an update in the engine. Did you update it or is it nothing?
                        I didn't push any update, so I'm not sure what that would be. v2.15 is the latest (next update will go out when 4.19 is released).

Comment

Hope next update will be focused more on C++ than BP.
                          How to create first person shooter game from scratch. Lots of tutorials: http://www.shootertutorial.com - celebrating 50th Tutorial!

My Marketplace Assets

Comment

Originally posted by intoxicat3 View Post
                            Hope next update will be focused more on C++ than BP.
                            Next update is just a few tweaks and stuff, as well as 4.19 support. No new features. Was there something specifically you were looking for?

Comment

Anim montage blend properly that would be sexy update

Comment

Originally posted by AngeIV View Post
                                Anim montage blend properly that would be sexy update
                                Can you elaborate? You mean Dynamic Montage blending?

Comment

Working...
                                X