Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Levitikon217 View Post
    It think it was asked a couple times in the ue4 marketplace so I'll bring the question here because I'd really like to know.
    Able was written while GAS was still in development / being used by Paragon. I was frustrated with the lack of documentation and a decent editor, so I just created my own system from scratch. The main advantage Able has over GAS is it makes no assumptions about what type of game you are building and the editor is super easy to use. GAS was very much driven by Paragon at the time and the Editor was fairly non-existent. I haven't gone back to GAS over the last year and seen the current state, but I honestly haven't needed to. I use Able for all my own stuff.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It think it was asked a couple times in the ue4 marketplace so I'll bring the question here because I'd really like to know.

What are the advantages of this over Epics own gameplay abilities system?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Decriment View Post
    ExtraLifeMatt That is understandable. Some other plugins have 4.23 beta branches in their repos already. I'm not sure when 4.23 will be fully released, but I'm excited for it.
    In theory, you may be able to just open up the Able.uplugin file and change the engine version to 4.23. As long as there weren't any crazy signature changes by the engine guys, you'll be fine. But yea, I'd wait if you can.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ExtraLifeMatt That is understandable. Some other plugins have 4.23 beta branches in their repos already. I'm not sure when 4.23 will be fully released, but I'm excited for it.

Leave a comment:

• replied

Originally posted by SyphFX View Post
    Hi, does anyone know if Able is compiled on VS2017 or 2019?
    What I really want to know, is which VS version is the most stable for Able to compile on at the moment?
    Or is the latest VS always recommended to use by default?
    Thanks in advance for any advice given
    VS2017, although 2019 should be fine.

Originally posted by Decriment View Post
    ExtraLifeMatt Hey, I'm stuck with UE4.23 due to how my other dependencies. When do you think you can get to pushing a patch?
    I tend to wait for the official release before I build the patch, just to avoid working on a moving target. But generally I try to submit an update within 24hrs of the release.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ExtraLifeMatt Hey, I'm stuck with UE4.23 due to how my other dependencies. When do you think you can get to pushing a patch?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi, does anyone know if Able is compiled on VS2017 or 2019?
    What I really want to know, is which VS version is the most stable for Able to compile on at the moment?
    Or is the latest VS always recommended to use by default?
    Thanks in advance for any advice given

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by MichaelLiew View Post

Hi, I hope you can add "Duplicate Task" feature, it's very useful, thanks!
    Sure. Should be do-able.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ExtraLifeMatt View Post
    Able 3.0 has been submitted. Notes / Overview below:

Click image for larger version Name:	Able3_0.png Views:	1 Size:	469.5 KB ID:	1604886

3.0 is a monster that touched pretty much every part of Able (and definitely the Editor aspect). Overall I'm happy with how much cleaner things are (both visually and under the hood) and the ability for users to customize Able to their specific needs has never been better. 3.0 started as a 2 week re-skin but became a 3 month beast but hopefully people get lots of use from it.

That said, I expect bugs. I wanted another week or two of bug fixing but 4.22's released forced things out a bit quicker than I expected. I've tested things as best as I can, but you guys will likely hit issues I just don't have local tests for. Please be patient and let me know as soon as you find something. I'm already working on 3.01 with a few more art tweaks and such, so hopefully now that the meat of 3.0 is out, I can be a bit quicker on updates. I'm also pushing out the marketing refresh (store page and such) I wanted to do until Able 3.0 has a bit of time to cook out in the wild, so bug fixing is my entire priority.

Thanks for all your support and keep the feedback coming!
    Hi, I hope you can add "Duplicate Task" feature, it's very useful, thanks!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by OllieWilliams View Post
    Hello,

I'm trying to create an ability where the ability plays at a point where the target is looking. Kind of like a targeted area of effect, but there is no pawn target to grab the location of. How would I go about using the location as an ability target?
    keep it as a variable in a component or the class that the ability is trigering. so that the class object (pawn? character?) gets pushed as instigator and owner of the ability component in the syntax, and then you can cast or call interface to get target as reference, or target as a worldspace location.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello,

I'm trying to create an ability where the ability plays at a point where the target is looking. Kind of like a targeted area of effect, but there is no pawn target to grab the location of. How would I go about using the location as an ability target?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Woody_PL View Post
    Hello friends,

I have a question about the new version of AbleAbility plugin.
    At "UAblAbility* OnGetBranchAbilityBP" I have this information: "Ability overrides for specific task fields are deprecated and will be removed in a future update. Please move any logic to the dynamic field functions."

Can anyone tell me what exactly "dynamic field functions" are and how to replace those mentioned earlier "UAblAbility* OnGetBranchAbilityBP".
    Earier we used it very often, but now we can not use it in connection with information that in the future update it will be removed. Is it known whether it will be replaced or just removed?

I would be grateful for any response and help
    Woody
    The new way is to simply open up the Branch Task, hit the + symbol, which will spawn the dynamic binding. Able's 3.0 update changed the system from doing function overrides to use more dynamic bindings. It's simply easier for new users to understand.

I have no plans to remove the old functionality just yet(or even soon), but it is technically deprecated (which is what that warning is meant to convey).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello friends,

I have a question about the new version of AbleAbility plugin.
    At "UAblAbility* OnGetBranchAbilityBP" I have this information: "Ability overrides for specific task fields are deprecated and will be removed in a future update. Please move any logic to the dynamic field functions."

Can anyone tell me what exactly "dynamic field functions" are and how to replace those mentioned earlier "UAblAbility* OnGetBranchAbilityBP".
    Earier we used it very often, but now we can not use it in connection with information that in the future update it will be removed. Is it known whether it will be replaced or just removed?

I would be grateful for any response and help
    Woody

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by jhirsh View Post
    Hey there I have a couple of bugs you might want to look at.

Bug1:
    When playing two animations within one ability if the animations start/end times are too close (not overlapping), the second animation wont play. (This may be an issue with how I'm interfacing with my AnimGraph).

Bug2:
    If i have created an animation task, and assign an animation montage i am unable to re-assign that animation to a sequence. It acts as if it will, but it doesn't change.

Thanks for the report.

Bug#1 sounds very much like an AnimGraph bug. I'd double check your anim blueprint setup. Also Montages don't tend to blend on top of each other well (for whatever reason), so if you're using that you may want to try the Ability Animation Node instead.

Bug#2 I've seen this off and on. Never been able to track down why it's occurring. That field is marked as Edit Anywhere, so you should always be able to rebind it to whatever. I'll look at it again.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey there I have a couple of bugs you might want to look at.

Bug1:
    When playing two animations within one ability if the animations start/end times are too close (not overlapping), the second animation wont play. (This may be an issue with how I'm interfacing with my AnimGraph).

Bug2:
    If i have created an animation task, and assign an animation montage i am unable to re-assign that animation to a sequence. It acts as if it will, but it doesn't change.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X