Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Demonrras View Post

I could do this enable root motion on animation sequence...after create an animMontage...after on Animation Task I check the Play On Server...it's right on this way???
    You can use root motion. That's likely the better approach than MoveTo (which isn't really meant for that).

Originally posted by jhirsh View Post
    Hi Matt, I have been trying to figure out this issue for a while now and have no clue what I'm doing wrong. With my setup I cannot ever get Has Ability Animation to be true. I have a quick and reliable repro that you should be able to do on your end. My guess is its not finding my state machine or state and failing silently, but this is a complete guess.

When I test verbose on the animation task, it seems to complete successfully, but the animation will never play.

Here is the repro: (essentially follow your tutorial for node based animations with the advanced movement system)
    1. Download Advanced Movement system v3 (free this month)
    2. Create project with Advanced Movement System
    3. Install/Activate Ability plugin with new project
    4. Create Ability with Ability Animation Node animation
    5. Setup Ability node on Mannequin_AnimBP
      • Navigate into Main State Machine
      • New state transitions to/from Locomotion
      • Setup Event graph Boolean for transitions
    6. Open MannequinCharacter blueprint and add input and ability context
    7. Set your ability class variable to your created ability.
    8. Test: Notice no animation plays

Additional validation of issue:
    1. MannequinCharacter OnTick extend parent class tick to not break animations
    2. Check has Has ability animation function print something if its true
    3. Test
    OR
    1. Open Mannequin_AnimBP where you set the transition Boolean add a branching conditional to print something if Has Ability Animation is true
    2. Test
    OR
    1. Open Mannequin_AnimBP
    2. Navigate to Main State Machine
    3. Test with player in debug filter and notice the transition never happens when using the ability.
    Regardless of validation method, Has Ability Animation is never true even when the rest of the ability functions.

Thank you for your time and I would really appreciate any pointers here.

-Jordan
    I can't guarantee compatibility with other plugins, but I'll check things out this weekend and report back. Thanks for the detailed repro steps, that goes a long way.

Originally posted by mnorris54 View Post
    Okay, I started with a fresh project and I'm realizing now it's mostly just visual bugs I've been having. Sorry for the confusion, I ended up getting Spawn Actors and Collision Queries to work; it just wasn't displaying in the animation window so I couldn't get the settings right. I'm leaving for vacation tomorrow so I won't be able to send you anything about it so I thought I'd make a quick video detailing all the bugs I'm having:

https://vimeo.com/user97808121/revie...629/484a10a965
    Thanks I'll watch this and see if anything sticks out.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Okay, I started with a fresh project and I'm realizing now it's mostly just visual bugs I've been having. Sorry for the confusion, I ended up getting Spawn Actors and Collision Queries to work; it just wasn't displaying in the animation window so I couldn't get the settings right. I'm leaving for vacation tomorrow so I won't be able to send you anything about it so I thought I'd make a quick video detailing all the bugs I'm having:

https://vimeo.com/user97808121/revie...629/484a10a965

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi Matt, I have been trying to figure out this issue for a while now and have no clue what I'm doing wrong. With my setup I cannot ever get Has Ability Animation to be true. I have a quick and reliable repro that you should be able to do on your end. My guess is its not finding my state machine or state and failing silently, but this is a complete guess.

When I test verbose on the animation task, it seems to complete successfully, but the animation will never play.

Here is the repro: (essentially follow your tutorial for node based animations with the advanced movement system)
    1. Download Advanced Movement system v3 (free this month)
    2. Create project with Advanced Movement System
    3. Install/Activate Ability plugin with new project
    4. Create Ability with Ability Animation Node animation
    5. Setup Ability node on Mannequin_AnimBP
      • Navigate into Main State Machine
      • New state transitions to/from Locomotion
      • Setup Event graph Boolean for transitions
    6. Open MannequinCharacter blueprint and add input and ability context
    7. Set your ability class variable to your created ability.
    8. Test: Notice no animation plays

Additional validation of issue:
    1. MannequinCharacter OnTick extend parent class tick to not break animations
    2. Check has Has ability animation function print something if its true
    3. Test
    OR
    1. Open Mannequin_AnimBP where you set the transition Boolean add a branching conditional to print something if Has Ability Animation is true
    2. Test
    OR
    1. Open Mannequin_AnimBP
    2. Navigate to Main State Machine
    3. Test with player in debug filter and notice the transition never happens when using the ability.
    Regardless of validation method, Has Ability Animation is never true even when the rest of the ability functions.

Thank you for your time and I would really appreciate any pointers here.

-Jordan

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I want to do some movement with my melee abilities (with root motion animations) so, I need to add MoveTo Task....How to use animation with movement???
    I could do this enable root motion on animation sequence...after create an animMontage...after on Animation Task I check the Play On Server...it's right on this way???

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I want to do some movement with my melee abilities (with root motion animations) so, I need to add MoveTo Task....How to use animation with movement???

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ExtraLifeMatt View Post

Go to the Ability Editor Settings and you can set your pawn to be rotated by 90 degrees on the Z axis.

You can do ray casts if you want specific hit locations and then use the "On Raycast Event" call to pass that location to the hit enemy and have them react somehow. It's not a trivial thing to support so Able doesn't support bone-accurate hit locations. You can set up just simple -> On Damaged -> Play this Ability which does a grunt / animation. That's what I tend to do in my projects since I don't need bone-accurate animations.
    Works great...tks

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm with some bugs yet:

1 - My character always face wrong directions...If I turn him in editor like tutorial...the animations don't work;
    1.1 - The buttons on toolbar in the graph editor of ability editor don't work...Play, Resume, Pause, FrameSkip...etc;

I wanna to try some colisions so ...What the best way to get my target actors and print thay on my screen with print string? How to do this???
    Go to the Ability Editor Settings and you can set your pawn to be rotated by 90 degrees on the Z axis.
    Another question...How I can implement hit reaction like that https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFdtRLRiQ_M
    How get hit location with your plugin???
    You can do ray casts if you want specific hit locations and then use the "On Raycast Event" call to pass that location to the hit enemy and have them react somehow. It's not a trivial thing to support so Able doesn't support bone-accurate hit locations. You can set up just simple -> On Damaged -> Play this Ability which does a grunt / animation. That's what I tend to do in my projects since I don't need bone-accurate animations.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Another question...How I can implement hit reaction like that https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFdtRLRiQ_M
    How get hit location with your plugin???

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm with some bugs yet:

1 - My character always face wrong directions...If I turn him in editor like tutorial...the animations don't work;
    1.1 - The buttons on toolbar in the graph editor of ability editor don't work...Play, Resume, Pause, FrameSkip...etc;

I wanna to try some colisions so ...What the best way to get my target actors and print thay on my screen with print string? How to do this???
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Demonrras; 04-24-2019, 06:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey i sent y'all an email on your feedback address.

I Can't seem to get the plugin to display any animation at all, even in a base third person or first person project. I've redownoaded the plugin already, I feel like I'm missing a third party file or something.

when I add the animation task or any task it displays as a thick pink bar with time details on the side.

I sent a video to you on the email.

anyone else having this issue?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by OllieWilliams View Post
    Everything seems to be working for me properly now (ever since your update). Thank you very much!
    Interesting. I was unable to test against your project because it required plugins I don't have. But glad it seems to be working. If you find another issue, please don't hesitate to report it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Everything seems to be working for me properly now (ever since your update). Thank you very much!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    When the new v3.0.3 will be available for us?
    It's submitted so hopefully sometime later today.

Originally posted by intoxicat3 View Post
    Thanks Matt for answer. I have hopefully last question:
    Why tasks doesn't have time ratio variable? Can't track actual progress of a task in a task or outside...

I can't even get TaskScratchPad from outside to get my custom time ratio progress.
    Tasks aren't normally tracked in that way. You can get the Ability time ratio. If you want the Task time ratio, you'd have to just calculate it out yourself:

Code:
    // Assuming this is in the Task somewhere.
    float TaskTimeRatio = (Context.GetCurrentTime() - GetStartTime()) / (GetEndTime() - GetStartTime());
    What are you trying to accomplish? There may be a better way to go about things.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks Matt for answer. I have hopefully last question:
    Why tasks doesn't have time ratio variable? Can't track actual progress of a task in a task or outside...

I can't even get TaskScratchPad from outside to get my custom time ratio progress.
    Last edited by intoxicat3; 04-24-2019, 06:35 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    When the new v3.0.3 will be available for us?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X