Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AngeIV View Post
    Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
    Error Failed to produce item: E:\UE_4.16\Engine\Plugins\Marketplace\Able\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor-AbleCore.dll BattleRoyale E:\UnrealProjects\BattleRoyale\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\ERROR 1

Now i Cant roll back to stock 4.16 version of the engine ;/
    A couple questions:

- What is the error above that? There's no way it should fail to compile Able Core unless you're just missing files, or that DLL is marked as read only for some reason.
    - When you copied Able into the Engine/Plugins directory, you regenerated the Engine solution file before rebuilding right?
    - If you want to roll back, it would just be removing Able from the Engine/Plugins directory, regenerate the engine solution, and rebuild the engine.
    Able Ability System - A high performance, robust ability system for UE4. Now Available!

Comment

Oh snap I didn't do that. So I got back to stock now. I will have another round of dedicated server on custom build engine in a week now

Comment

Alright,

Able v1.85 has been submitted.

- Added 4.18 support (just fixes some new warnings).
        - Fixed a Garbage Collection issue where forcing GC (or when it fires off naturally) would stop Ability execution.
        - Added support for multiple Pending Contexts, meaning you can apply multiple Passives in a single frame. It works with Actives too, but since you can only have 1 Active at a time - it ends up being a "create this only to throw it away" bit of logic, but if you're dynamically queuing up Active Abilities and just have an super hectic frame - it'll work.
        - Removed an assert with getting a target from Target Actors but you have no targets available to choose from.

Let me know if you run into any issues!
        Able Ability System - A high performance, robust ability system for UE4. Now Available!

Comment

Originally posted by ExtraLifeMatt View Post
          Alright,

Able v1.85 has been submitted.

- Added 4.18 support (just fixes some new warnings).
          - Fixed a Garbage Collection issue where forcing GC (or when it fires off naturally) would stop Ability execution.
          - Added support for multiple Pending Contexts, meaning you can apply multiple Passives in a single frame. It works with Actives too, but since you can only have 1 Active at a time - it ends up being a "create this only to throw it away" bit of logic, but if you're dynamically queuing up Active Abilities and just have an super hectic frame - it'll work.
          - Removed an assert with getting a target from Target Actors but you have no targets available to choose from.

Let me know if you run into any issues!
          Hey Matt,
          When i look at the plugin itself, it says im using 1.70. My plugin has been updated, confirmed byt he fact i can use it in 4.18. My 4.17.2 version is saying im using 1.70 tho in the plugin information. Is this right, or, just was never updated in the plugin area (plugins > edit).
          Founder and CEO of Angry Penguin Studio, LLC
          Dallas, TX USA
          https://www.facebook.com/AngryPenguinStudios

Comment

Originally posted by AP_Studios View Post

Hey Matt,
            When i look at the plugin itself, it says im using 1.70. My plugin has been updated, confirmed byt he fact i can use it in 4.18. My 4.17.2 version is saying im using 1.70 tho in the plugin information. Is this right, or, just was never updated in the plugin area (plugins > edit).
            If you open up the Able.uplugin file in a text editor, what version does it say there?

You should see something like this:

Code:
                "FileVersion" : 3,
                "Version" : 13,
                "VersionName" : "1.85",

Comment

First of all thanks for the plugin it's great! I have couple of questions:

- What's the best way to check if another ability is running. For example: primary and secondary weapon: you can't fire primary weapon until secondary will finish, (I don't want to construct new ability to check condition - this won't be optimal)
              - Why Abilities are checking input? why you haven't created ability manager or something like that to configure inputs with abilities? (just want to know what's your thinking)
              - Why you always need a mesh when creating ability?
              How to create first person shooter game from scratch. Lots of tutorials: http://www.shootertutorial.com - celebrating 50th Tutorial!

My Marketplace Assets

Comment

Originally posted by intoxicat3 View Post
                First of all thanks for the plugin it's great! I have couple of questions:

- What's the best way to check if another ability is running. For example: primary and secondary weapon: you can't fire primary weapon until secondary will finish, (I don't want to construct new ability to check condition - this won't be optimal)
                - Why Abilities are checking input? why you haven't created ability manager or something like that to configure inputs with abilities? (just want to know what's your thinking)
                - Why you always need a mesh when creating ability?
                - You can just check if the Actor is currently playing an active ability or just blindly fire it and it'll fail (since you can only have one active ability playing at a time).
                - The only Ability portion that checks input is the Input Conditional for channeled Abilities, otherwise it's entirely up to you how you want to bind input to an Ability - in most my examples I just explicitly bind an input to a specific Ability because it's easier for people to understand.
                - The first time you open the Editor it asks you for a Mesh for the Preview Actor which is show in the Editor, you shouldn't be seeing it set that asset already.

Comment

ExtraLifeMatt

I am not sure whats changed, my end or yours, but i can no longer rotate the actor preview.
                  Also, i know this was mentioned before, when the initial list for preview assets (player chars) pops up, it takes my PC like 10 min to populate the list.
                  It doesnt take UE4 that long to find what i need, is it just doing something externally looking for the models?

EDIT:
                  Actually, would this be because my version was saying 1.7 and i updated to 1.85 in the project? would that have an effect on pre-made ABLE items?
                  Last edited by AP_Studios; 11-10-2017, 01:07 PM.
                  Founder and CEO of Angry Penguin Studio, LLC
                  Dallas, TX USA
                  https://www.facebook.com/AngryPenguinStudios

Comment

Originally posted by AP_Studios View Post
                    ExtraLifeMatt

I am not sure whats changed, my end or yours, but i can no longer rotate the actor preview.
                    Also, i know this was mentioned before, when the initial list for preview assets (player chars) pops up, it takes my PC like 10 min to populate the list.
                    It doesnt take UE4 that long to find what i need, is it just doing something externally looking for the models?

EDIT:
                    Actually, would this be because my version was saying 1.7 and i updated to 1.85 in the project? would that have an effect on pre-made ABLE items?
                    Hmm, I didn't change anything with regard to the preview actor or such. Check the viewport options in that window and make sure you didn't accidentally lock viewport rotation or something.

And yea, it's UE4 loading all the assets for the model previews. Still haven't found a way to speed that window up yet.

Comment

Any chance to add "fire and forget" ability (just one frame ability) while other ability is running? Currently we need to add separate ability component and it isn't good idea as some functionalities need able component (eg. gameplay tags)

For example check Dead Cells where you can use powerups (spawn granade without animation, speed up powerup etc) while primary and secondary abilities are running.
                      Last edited by intoxicat3; 11-11-2017, 06:08 PM.
                      How to create first person shooter game from scratch. Lots of tutorials: http://www.shootertutorial.com - celebrating 50th Tutorial!

My Marketplace Assets

Comment

ExtraLifeMatt

A 'Move To' Task would be fantastic, currently I utilize root motion for some of my animations, but being able to manually set the player's locations during an ability would also be fantastic. Love the plugin so far though, it works wonders for my project!
                        Lead Developer of Blades of Orterra | Facebook | Twitter | Official Website

Comment

Any chance to add "fire and forget" ability (just one frame ability) while other ability is running? Currently we need to add separate ability component and it isn't good idea as some functionalities need able component (eg. gameplay tags)

For example check Dead Cells where you can use powerups (spawn granade without animation, speed up powerup etc) while primary and secondary abilities are running.
                          Why not use passive abilities for that?

Comment

Originally posted by CrimsonWingzz View Post
                            ExtraLifeMatt

A 'Move To' Task would be fantastic, currently I utilize root motion for some of my animations, but being able to manually set the player's locations during an ability would also be fantastic. Love the plugin so far though, it works wonders for my project!
                            If you use root motion, it would cause issues with a move to task as they would both attempt to set the player velocity and one will stomp the other - but yes, I've thought about adding a Move To. The request comes up from time to time so I'll look into it.

intoxicat3 Do what AngelV is suggesting and just use a passive to spawn it. As long as it's not playing an Animation, it should be fine.

Comment

Thanks for the info!

I have one request for you ExtraLifeMatt - you should add Visual Logger support into the plugin (running abilities, tasks etc) - it would be much more easier to debug things during production.

My Marketplace Assets

Comment

Thanks for the info!

I have one request for you ExtraLifeMatt - you should add Visual Logger support into the plugin (running abilities, tasks etc) - it would be much more easier to debug things during production.
                                Sure, I can look into that. I honestly haven't used the visual logger yet (totally forgot it exists), so I'll poke around and see what's required to support it.

Comment

Working...
                                X