Able Ability System Info and Support Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AngeIV View Post

How about a solution to the nativization problem?
    Sorry, didn't see your edits. There's a couple things you could try. You could open up BaseEditor.ini, search for "BlueprintNativizationSettings" and add this line:

Code:
    +AdditionalPublicDependencyModuleNames=AbleCore
    And make sure your Project's Build.cs has the following:

Code:
    PublicDependencyModuleNames.AddRange(
      new string[] {
          // Lots of various other core modules
          "AbleCore",
        } );

PrivateIncludePathModuleNames.AddRange(
      new string[] {
        "AbleCore",
      });
    Able Ability System - A high performance, robust ability system for UE4. Now Available!

Comment

Originally posted by ExtraLifeMatt View Post
      AngeIV, @AP_Studios

Yea, that's unfortunately out of my hands. That widget is just a basic asset browser from Epic, so unless you want custom engine versions - I can't do much with it. I can check again, but I've gone back to that thing a few times and it's just how its written.
      How about a work around for it, like just having the asset window open, and right clicking the asset you want and go from there?

Also, other editors only pull up relevant asset types, like the material editor, there have to be some flags or tags to make this less painful for the user, or perhaps use a different widget, something anything

Comment

Originally posted by Aumaan Anubis View Post
        How about a work around for it, like just having the asset window open, and right clicking the asset you want and go from there?

Also, other editors only pull up relevant asset types, like the material editor, there have to be some flags or tags to make this less painful for the user, or perhaps use a different widget, something anything
        The work around is you can just manually set the preview asset via the Able Settings in your plugin settings (there's just a simple Asset Path URL). But I'll check it out again and see what I can do.
        Able Ability System - A high performance, robust ability system for UE4. Now Available!

Comment

Hey there, just bought Able and i'm loving it so far. I like how easy it is to set up an ability and have it fire off but I have a tutorial request for something I haven't been able to figure out myself after watching your others.

Some sort of charge system, it could be a railgun, hold the trigger to charge and release to fire, or spell like thing where you hold to cast and when it's 100% it fires. Maybe even a megaman blaster type where depending on how long you hold, it changes the type of projectile spawned.

For that last one I guess it's pretty easy to just branch off to a couple different abilities. but the charge part, how do you get the "player held down attack for 'x' seconds"?

Also thanks for all your hard work.

Comment

Originally posted by Trojke View Post
            Hey there, just bought Able and i'm loving it so far. I like how easy it is to set up an ability and have it fire off but I have a tutorial request for something I haven't been able to figure out myself after watching your others.

Some sort of charge system, it could be a railgun, hold the trigger to charge and release to fire, or spell like thing where you hold to cast and when it's 100% it fires. Maybe even a megaman blaster type where depending on how long you hold, it changes the type of projectile spawned.

For that last one I guess it's pretty easy to just branch off to a couple different abilities. but the charge part, how do you get the "player held down attack for 'x' seconds"?

Also thanks for all your hard work.
            Set up 2 Abilities:
            1.) The Charge Ability with a input condition that checks for the charge button and continually loops at the very end, so let's say its a 2 second charge - the loop would start at 1.75s and end at 2.0s.
            2.) When the condition fails and OnAbilityInterrupt/OnAbilityEnd is called, check the Ability Time Ratio (which gives you a value of 0 - 1 on when the Ability failed, timewise), and if its greater than 0.8 or whatever - branch to the full charge shot, otherwise do nothing.

Comment

Color me stupid. But that took me an absurdly long time to get right. But I got it, Thanks ExtraLifeMatt! For anyone that's curious, here's how I did it. I don't know if this is the correct way... probably not, but it 'works'.

Click image for larger version  Name:	2017-10-07 16_12_26-Greenshot.jpg Views:	1 Size:	256.4 KB ID:	1366101
              I'd love to see a screenshot of the legit way of doing this, as this feels... hackey to me. I tried doing quite a few different things but this is what worked in the end.

Edit: OK this may not exactly work the correct way, it works fine on "Attack" key, which is my left mouse button but on my right Mouse button which is "SpecialAttack" it does nothing unless I negate the logic then it auto-fires as soon as it hits 80%. Meh. I'll get it one of these days.
              Last edited by Trojke; 10-07-2017, 04:52 PM.

Comment

@Trojke

Not quite.

You want to just have your first Ability (the charging Ability) just play a particle, or animation and just loop indefinitely as long as the user is holding a button:

Click image for larger version

Name:	ChargeUpA.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	246.3 KB
ID:	1366161

You then want to just activate/branch to your Powered Shot (or normal shot, or have different types for mid charges, etc) when the Ability is interrupted (the player let go of the input) and based on the time they held the button:

Click image for larger version

Name:	ChargeUpB.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	288.9 KB
ID:	1366162
                Just make sure you set the Ability to pass along and such in the example above, but other than that - not much to it!

Comment

Awesome thanks! I got the charging part kind-of right but was getting hung up on the part where "How does this ability know to go to that ability" and my thinking process was it requires a branch task, and it didn't occur to me that you could just set it like that. Again, day 1 with this plugin, so thanks for the quick responses.

Comment

1. I will try the nativization part today. without nativizatrion it works fine.
                    2. You can limit the TYPE of assets he searches? so in example only pawns? my life was a lie! didnt check each option. my bad
                    3. Any idea how to trigger multiple pasive abilities inside a single active ability? as run ability node stops the runing ability : ( branch obviously as well.

Comment

Originally posted by AngeIV View Post
                      1. I will try the nativization part today. without nativizatrion it works fine.
                      2. You can limit the TYPE of assets he searches? so in example only pawns? my life was a lie! didnt check each option. my bad
                      3. Any idea how to trigger multiple pasive abilities inside a single active ability? as run ability node stops the runing ability : ( branch obviously as well.
                      Adding multiple passives during Ability execution currently isn't supported as those would need to be queued up till the next frame. However, that should be fairly easy to setup, so I'll dig into that and try to add it in the next update.

Comment

I managed to run a custom event, nad in this event make an ability context and run it on the owner taken from the active ability context. than this custom event i can input like 10 times in a single active, and they will actualy run. but will also throw a lot of error warnings in editor and bug out on multiplayer sometimes.
                        the idea is runing an active that is addick stack of passive every 1 second. or an active that has animation of an animation sequences, and at each of those attacks to run a pssive attack containing the query and damage logic. it also works but its a hack. native suport would be better. a node "run passive ability" and it should be async.

Comment

UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Cook: LogInitisplay: Warning/Error Summary (Unique only)
                          UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Cook: LogInitisplay: Success - 0 error(s), 68 warning(s)
                          UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UnrealBuildTool: Running UnrealHeaderTool "E:\UnrealProjects\XXXX\BattleRoyale.uproject" "E:\UnrealProjects\XXXX\Intermediate\Build\Win64\XXXX\Development\XXXX.uhtmanifest" -LogCmds="loginit warning, logexit warning, logdatabase error" -Unattended -WarningsAsErrors
                          UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UnrealBuildTool: E:\UnrealProjects\XXXX\Intermediate\Plugins\WindowsNoEditor\NativizedAssets\Source\NativizedAssets\Private\ALS_Player_CharacterBP__pf2749898454.cpp(214): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'IAblAbilityTask.h': No such file or directoryE:\UnrealProjects\XXXX\Intermediate\Plugi
                          ns\WindowsNoEditor\NativizedAssets\Source\NativizedAssets\Private\CrowdAdvancedAICharacter__pf826264485.cpp(212): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'IAblAbilityTask.h': No such file or directory
                          UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UnrealBuildTool: E:\UnrealProjects\XXXX\Intermediate\Plugins\WindowsNoEditor\NativizedAssets\Source\NativizedAssets\Private\ALS_AnimBP__pf2749898454.cpp(211): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'IAblAbilityTask.h': No such file or directory
                          UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UnrealBuildTool: E:\UnrealProjects\XXXX\Intermediate\Plugins\WindowsNoEditor\NativizedAssets\Source\NativizedAssets\Private\BP_WeaponManagerComponent__pf106410343.cpp(210): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'IAblAbilityTask.h': No such file or directory
                          UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UnrealBuildTool: E:\UnrealProjects\XXXX\Intermediate\Plugins\WindowsNoEditor\NativizedAssets\Source\NativizedAssets\Private\WP_WeaponMasterBP__pf106410343.cpp(218): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'IAblAbilityTask.h': No such file or directory
                          UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UnrealBuildTool: E:\UnrealProjects\XXXX\Intermediate\Plugins\WindowsNoEditor\NativizedAssets\Source\NativizedAssets\Private\BP_ZombieComponent__pf826264485.cpp(211): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'IAblAbilityTask.h': No such file or directory
                          UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UnrealBuildTool: ERROR: UBT ERROR: Failed to produce item: E:\UnrealProjects\XXXX\Intermediate\Plugins\WindowsNoEditor\NativizedAssets\Binaries\Win64\XXXX-NativizedAssets.lib
                          UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Program.Main: ERROR: AutomationTool terminated with exception: AutomationTool.CommandUtils+CommandFailedException: Command failed (Result:5): I:\UnrealEngineGit\Engine\Binaries\DotNET\UnrealBuildTool.exe XXXXWin64 Development -Project=E:\UnrealProjects\XXXX\XXXX.uproject E:\UnrealProjects\Bat
                          PackagingResults:Error: Error Unknown Error

I did do all you asked of and rebuild the project. still fails to cook.

Comment

I'll investigate that as well. One last thing you can try and is copy Able to your Engine/Plugins directory (rather than having it as a Project Plugin) and see if that fixes things. I always run Able as an Engine Plugin and I've never run into this issue (I also build my own engine binaries, so it may be a pre-built binary thing - again, I'll investigate).

Comment

it is in engine/plugins and was recompiled with the engine.

Comment

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
                                Error Failed to produce item: E:\UE_4.16\Engine\Plugins\Marketplace\Able\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor-AbleCore.dll BattleRoyale E:\UnrealProjects\BattleRoyale\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\ERROR 1

Now i Cant roll back to stock 4.16 version of the engine ;/

Comment

Working...
                                X