No announcement yet.

Able Ability System Info and Support Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey! Sorry I sent multiple PMs, I was seeing the same issue, nothing was in my sent folder so I assumed they weren't going through. I'll test it this afternoon and reply here with some log info, I think I was getting a runtime error, maybe I set up my ability component incorrectly for networking. Will update here later!

On a separate note, trying a passive ability "flight mode" that turns my player into a flying eagle is working beautifully. What is the best way to make this passivle toggleable, like casting once turns me into a bird (working), then casting again reverts me to my normal race mesh/animbp. I found the isPassiveActive check, but could find a node to actually cancel the passive ability if that is true.

Comment

Hmm it appears that I'm using 1.70, I will fix that. When I interrupt the ability on velocity in PIE, it looks like there's an error occurring with networking. The following appears in the log on interrupt:

LogRep: Error: ReceivedRPC: RPC_GetLastFailedReason: ServerCancelAbility_Validate
      LogNet: Error: UActorChannel::ProcessBunch: Replicator.ReceivedBunch failed. Closing connection. RepObj: AblAbilityComponent /Game/Maps/UEDPIE_1_Arynia.Arynia:PersistentLevel.ModularPlayerCharacter_C_0.Ability Component, Channel: 3
      LogNet: UNetConnection::Close: [UNetConnection] RemoteAddr: 127.0.0.1:61296, Name: IpConnection_67, Driver: GameNetDriver IpNetDriver_66, IsServer: YES, PC: MMOPlayerController_C_0, Owner: MMOPlayerController_C_0, Channels: 25, Time: 2017.09.30-18.00.46
      LogNet: UChannel::Close: Sending CloseBunch. ChIndex == 0. Name: [UChannel] ChIndex: 0, Closing: 0 [UNetConnection] RemoteAddr: 127.0.0.1:61296, Name: IpConnection_67, Driver: GameNetDriver IpNetDriver_66, IsServer: YES, PC: MMOPlayerController_C_0, Owner: MMOPlayerController_C_0
      LogNet: UChannel::ReceivedSequencedBunch: Bunch.bClose == true. ChIndex == 0. Calling ConditionalCleanUp.
      LogNet: UChannel::CleanUp: ChIndex == 0. Closing connection. [UChannel] ChIndex: 0, Closing: 0 [UNetConnection] RemoteAddr: 127.0.0.1:7777, Name: IpConnection_66, Driver: GameNetDriver IpNetDriver_67, IsServer: NO, PC: MMOPlayerController_C_0, Owner: MMOPlayerController_C_0
      LogNet: UNetConnection::Close: [UNetConnection] RemoteAddr: 127.0.0.1:7777, Name: IpConnection_66, Driver: GameNetDriver IpNetDriver_67, IsServer: NO, PC: MMOPlayerController_C_0, Owner: MMOPlayerController_C_0, Channels: 25, Time: 2017.09.30-18.00.46
      LogNet: UChannel::Close: Sending CloseBunch. ChIndex == 0. Name: [UChannel] ChIndex: 0, Closing: 0 [UNetConnection] RemoteAddr: 127.0.0.1:7777, Name: IpConnection_66, Driver: GameNetDriver IpNetDriver_67, IsServer: NO, PC: MMOPlayerController_C_0, Owner: MMOPlayerController_C_0
      LogNet: Warning: Network Failure: GameNetDriver[ConnectionLost]: Your connection to the host has been lost.
      LogNet: NetworkFailure: ConnectionLost, Error: 'Your connection to the host has been lost.'
      LogGameMode: Display: Match State Changed from InProgress to Aborted
      LogGameState: Match State Changed from InProgress to Aborted

Comment

Originally posted by ExtraLifeMatt View Post

I've responded to your PMs but I'm not sure why I'm not seeing them in my sent folder, or why I seem to be getting your PM daily now.

Can you define "Weird behavior?"

The Channel Velocity interrupt simply checks your player velocity, and if it's greater than the value you set, it calls CancelAbility. Do you see this issue only on Dedicated Servers? Can you verify you are on Able v1.75?
        Hey Matt,

Can you show us a simple example of like "fireball skill in multiplayer with damage" ?
        Lots of examples on the more complex stuff, but, nothing on a simple "click > cast > damage > replicate"
        I see the chain lightning one, but, setting things to "camera" like you did crashed UE4 like 100 times in a row with an ABLE root error .. soo .. need the baby step, then i will be good to go with anything more complex.
        Founder and CEO of Angry Penguin Studio, LLC
        Dallas, TX USA
        https://www.facebook.com/AngryPenguinStudios

Comment

[2017.09.30-22.10.04:779][ 34]LogWindows: Error: UE4Editor-Core.dll!0x000000007EC50179
          [2017.09.30-22.10.04:779][ 34]LogWindows: Error: UE4Editor-AbleCore.dll!UAblAbilityTask::GetActorsForTask() [d:\unreal projects\undertaking\undertaking\plugins\able\source\ablecore\private\tasks\iablabilitytask.cpp:169]
          [2017.09.30-22.10.04:779][ 34]LogWindows: Error: UE4Editor-AbleCore.dll!UAblPlayParticleEffectTask::OnTaskStart() [d:\unreal projects\undertaking\undertaking\plugins\able\source\ablecore\private\tasks\ablplayparticleeffecttask.cpp:68]
          [2017.09.30-22.10.04:779][ 34]LogWindows: Error: UE4Editor-AbleCore.dll!UAblAbilityInstance::InternalUpdateTasks() [d:\unreal projects\undertaking\undertaking\plugins\able\source\ablecore\private\ablabilityinstance.cpp:373]
          [2017.09.30-22.10.04:779][ 34]LogWindows: Error: UE4Editor-AbleCore.dll!TGraphTask<FAsyncAbilityInstanceUpdaterTask>::ExecuteTask() [d:\program files\epic games\ue_4.17\engine\source\runtime\core\public\async\taskgraphinterfaces.h:784]
          [20
          Dallas, TX USA

Comment

Originally posted by AP_Studios View Post

Hey Matt,

Can you show us a simple example of like "fireball skill in multiplayer with damage" ?
            Lots of examples on the more complex stuff, but, nothing on a simple "click &gt; cast &gt; damage &gt; replicate"
            I see the chain lightning one, but, setting things to "camera" like you did crashed UE4 like 100 times in a row with an ABLE root error .. soo .. need the baby step, then i will be good to go with anything more complex.
            Hmm, That's a legit bug. Camera works for targeting, but not really anything else. I'll fix that. It'll likely just return the player (as that's normally where the camera comes from). I'll need to think about how to possibly get the Camera Actor itself if you are using one of those...

@Piepants

That callstack doesn't really make sense to me. That would mean you passed in an Ability with no name... which should be impossible. Was this on Able v1.75?

EDIT:

Just submitted Able v1.80 to Epic, notes below:
            - Spawn Actor Task will now only set the actor velocity if that velocity is not zero.
            - Fixed a crash in the Ability Validator if you tried to execute it with only 1 Task.
            - Fixed an issue where the Cooldown would internally always use the base cooldown value rather than the computed on from an Ability's blueprint.
            - Interrupt an Animation on the Ability Animation Node properly resets the currently playing Ability if you don't have a second animation queued up (this showed up as the interrupted animation starting over again despite the interrupt).
            - Fixed a crash with Ability Target Type Camera when not being used with Targeting. Instead it will just return the Self Actor.
            Last edited by ExtraLifeMatt; 10-01-2017, 06:55 PM.
            Able Ability System - A high performance, robust ability system for UE4. Now Available!

Comment

I'm using 1.70, should I upgrade to 1.75? I'm calling an ability by name, and it works until I check the "Channeled" checkbox, which crashes my server and forces a logout as seen in the error log. Hmm, I'll test a bit more and let you know if I figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Piepants View Post
                I'm using 1.70, should I upgrade to 1.75? I'm calling an ability by name, and it works until I check the "Channeled" checkbox, which crashes my server and forces a logout as seen in the error log. Hmm, I'll test a bit more and let you know if I figure out what I'm doing wrong.
                Yes, always use the latest version. In particular, v1.75 fixes a lot of issues people were seeing with dedicated servers.
                Able Ability System - A high performance, robust ability system for UE4. Now Available!

Comment

Ah! I will update to 1.75, retest, and post an updarthere with results. Thanks for the help!

Comment

IAblAbilityTask.h': No such file or directory

problem with cooking a blueprint/C++ project on 4.16.3. I am using exclusive nativization.

Any idea how to fix?

full error string:
                    E:\UnrealProjects\*********\Intermediate\Plugins\WindowsNoEditor\NativizedAssets\Source\NativizedAssets\Private\BP_WeaponManagerComponent__pf106410343.cpp(210): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'IAblAbilityTask.h': No such file or directory

Comment

Originally posted by AngeIV View Post
                      IAblAbilityTask.h': No such file or directory

problem with cooking a blueprint/C++ project on 4.16.3. I am using exclusive nativization.

Any idea how to fix?

full error string:
                      E:\UnrealProjects\*********\Intermediate\Plugins\WindowsNoEditor\NativizedAssets\Source\NativizedAssets\Private\BP_WeaponManagerComponent__pf106410343.cpp(210): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'IAblAbilityTask.h': No such file or directory
                      Make sure your Build.cs adds "AbleCore" to the Public/Private Includes. Also make sure you have the full source and not just the DLLs or something weird like that.

Comment

That was fast ok I'll try that.

edit: ok im editing via notepad. so no intelisence. you mean i should add line "using...."
                        or where exactly?
                        I am using a full build for sure. but I never build from scratch a project with code plugins. and to be honest the able is the only one that bugs out. rest jsut recompiled without notice or errors.

Edit2:
                        I dont really get it. the engine build proeprly. the project build properly.
                        the errors are in the final cook of a project.
                        the able objects in editor edits fine. validates, and compile fine.

oh and one more thing.. I would much apriciate improvement of the "preview asset selection" window as it loads everything. at a tick rate that freezes a very powerfull pc and is just unbearable to open.
                        Last edited by AngeIV; 10-05-2017, 01:56 PM.

Comment

@ExtraLifeMatt Bump...

Comment

Originally posted by AngeIV View Post
                            I would much apriciate improvement of the "preview asset selection" window as it loads everything. at a tick rate that freezes a very powerfull pc and is just unbearable to open.
                            LOL, this. even my dev machine halts for about 5 min and might display 1 item for that 5 min .. then populates the entire list.

Dallas, TX USA

Comment

AngeIV, @AP_Studios

Yea, that's unfortunately out of my hands. That widget is just a basic asset browser from Epic, so unless you want custom engine versions - I can't do much with it. I can check again, but I've gone back to that thing a few times and it's just how its written.

That said, I do offer various toggles so you can turn off things like static meshes and other things to help slim down what it has to load. You can find those in the Able Settings.

Comment

Originally posted by ExtraLifeMatt View Post
                                AngeIV, @AP_Studios

Yea, that's unfortunately out of my hands. That widget is just a basic asset browser from Epic, so unless you want custom engine versions - I can't do much with it. I can check again, but I've gone back to that thing a few times and it's just how its written.

That said, I do offer various toggles so you can turn off things like static meshes and other things to help slim down what it has to load. You can find those in the Able Settings.
                                How about a solution to the nativization problem?

Comment

Working...
                                X