No announcement yet.

Able Ability System Info and Support Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does this also occur when you try to run this on the latest engine version? You stated using 4.16.3, just wondered

And a question/suggestion for you Matt: Would it be possible to see more options to the "apply damage"- node, for instance, applying radial or point damage? Also applying force/impulse seems like something people would generally want to add to their abilities.
    Last edited by Celino Peiris; 09-05-2017, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheNoontide View Post
      Does this also occur when you try to run this on the latest engine version? You stated using 4.16.3, just wondered

And a question/suggestion for you Matt: Would it be possible to see more options to the "apply damage"- node, for instance, applying radial or point damage? Also applying force/impulse seems like something people would generally want to add to their abilities.
      I believe Radial and Point damage required intimate knowledge of the query used (overlaps can't be used for point damage for example), so I purposely kept it very generic. Same with Force/Impulse. You can easily add that to your OnAnyDamageEvent and apply those yourself based on whatever rules your game may required. I can take a look again at that system, but my first impression is that was a choice I made intentionally.
      Able Ability System - A high performance, robust ability system for UE4. Now Available!

Comment

Originally posted by ExtraLifeMatt View Post

I believe Radial and Point damage required intimate knowledge of the query used (overlaps can't be used for point damage for example), so I purposely kept it very generic. Same with Force/Impulse. You can easily add that to your OnAnyDamageEvent and apply those yourself based on whatever rules your game may required. I can take a look again at that system, but my first impression is that was a choice I made intentionally.
        Thanks for the heads up, was just me wondering why that wasn't implemented! Could also attach that logic to a spawned projectile I guess, well this has made me a bit smarter, cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by TheNoontide View Post
          Yup I stated that because that's where I found and reproduced it but today I downloaded 4.17.1, reprocuded it there too, and yes, it still occurs and crashes the whole thing

Comment

Originally posted by Kelreth View Post

Yup I stated that because that's where I found and reproduced it but today I downloaded 4.17.1, reprocuded it there too, and yes, it still occurs and crashes the whole thing
            I will try to reproduce the error tomorrow (should I remember) and get back to you with what I found!

Comment

Originally posted by ExtraLifeMatt View Post

Hey TheNoontide,

The best way to add a cone spread would be to add a new custom Query (e.g. inherit from AblAbilityTask and create the various parameters). The editor and such will automatically find the Task and you'd then be able to add it to your Ability.

Recoil you could just use the Custom Event Task and pass along the amount of recoil to the player/weapon.
              Finally having some time to dip into this.. thanks for the pointers, best to try it out with the means I possess atm

Will get back to you with results^^

Comment

Hello,

I'm making some abilities It needs longer collision time and only hit once

I noticed document said collisions and ray cast will only exist 1 frame and can't set end at time.

So how to implement it?

Also, how to make collision move with root motion animation?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Kenaz View Post
                  Hello,

I'm making some abilities It needs longer collision time and only hit once

I noticed document said collisions and ray cast will only exist 1 frame and can't set end at time.

So how to implement it?

Also, how to make collision move with root motion animation?

Thanks!
                  You could use a sweep, which will still only query once, but gives you a start/end position. The query happens at the end of the sweep Task. Otherwise you'd need to setup multiple queries.

If you want the collision to move with the root motion, just set the location to use a socket.
                  Able Ability System - A high performance, robust ability system for UE4. Now Available!

Comment

I haven't bought the system yet (will do in the following few days), but I'm just curious to know, how hard is it to implement this system to AI?

Comment

Originally posted by Ubersoldat42 View Post
                      I haven't bought the system yet (will do in the following few days), but I'm just curious to know, how hard is it to implement this system to AI?
                      The system has custom Tasks/Conditions for UE4's Behavior Tree system. So AI can do things like play an ability, check a cooldown, check that the target is in range of the ability, etc.

Comment

Hi! dont know if anyone asked about it but is there a way to activate multiple passive abilities in a single active ability timeline? the "play ability" node has a tooltip saying that it interupts the currently played ability at success

Edit1
                        NVMD.. I can activate ability from a custom event and I can use the ability context to help me build another ability context However it would be nice to have a node "play passive ability" taht would not end the execution of the ability now playing.

Edit2
                        another strange thing - Collision 2D works perfectly. Collisions 3D Don't at all?
                        Last edited by AngeIV; 09-26-2017, 07:13 AM.

Comment

Ahoy! Bought this and starting to learn through tutorials, really enjoying it thus far! I'm trying to do a simple dance loop ability that is interrupted when moving. Is a channeled condition with a check against velocity of 0.0 the correct way to interrupt the ability on movement or is there a simpler way? Experiencing weird behavior when the channel is interrupted doing this, but I probably just don't know what I'm doing yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Piepants View Post
                            Ahoy! Bought this and starting to learn through tutorials, really enjoying it thus far! I'm trying to do a simple dance loop ability that is interrupted when moving. Is a channeled condition with a check against velocity of 0.0 the correct way to interrupt the ability on movement or is there a simpler way? Experiencing weird behavior when the channel is interrupted doing this, but I probably just don't know what I'm doing yet.
                            neah... just in your graph on input stop ability and point out that you want to stop the dance ability. this way it will not break any other ability on move, only one you intended. also if you do a channel dont test velocity to 0 as turn in place can break your dance even.
                            you can break channel on input and as input state your movement axis

Comment

Hmm, so you're saying the best approach is to make blueprint logic in the graph to listen for WASD movement on my input axes and call an end ability node from there? Sounds like a plan! Hmm, I'm going to give that input channel breakout a try as well that sounds like it should do the same thing. Thanks for the help!

Comment

Originally posted by Piepants View Post
                                I've responded to your PMs but I'm not sure why I'm not seeing them in my sent folder, or why I seem to be getting your PM daily now.

Can you define "Weird behavior?"

The Channel Velocity interrupt simply checks your player velocity, and if it's greater than the value you set, it calls CancelAbility. Do you see this issue only on Dedicated Servers? Can you verify you are on Able v1.75?

Comment

Working...
                                X