X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by douw3rd View Post
    Cheers!
    Small change, it needs to be "UncookedOnly", not DeveloperTool. Otherwise you break packaged products. (Again, sorry, this change with 4.24 has been super annoying).

Code:
        {
            "Name": "AbleEditor",
            "Type": "UncookedOnly",
            "LoadingPhase": "PreDefault",
            "WhitelistPlatforms": [ "Win64", "Win32", "Mac", "Linux" ]
        }
    I have to wait for this update to go through before I can submit the next one. Sorry for the hiccups.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Cheers!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Patch submitted. There's no new version number (since it just fixes something in 4.24), but you should get the update as soon as Epic processes things.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Alright, I found a fix. It's fallout from the new initialization order of modules. If you change your Able.uplugin to swap "AbleEditor" from Editor to DeveloperTool, it'll fix the standalone crash. I'll submit a fix tonight though, so you can also just wait for that.

Code:
        {
            "Name": "AbleEditor",
            "Type": "DeveloperTool",
            "LoadingPhase": "PreDefault",
            "WhitelistPlatforms": [ "Win64", "Win32", "Mac", "Linux" ]
        }

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Haha, **** happens Thanks for having a look at it though! I'll just use full builds instead of standalone client in the meantime when the PIE doesn't suffice

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm not sure if this is actually the whole stack dump, let me know if this info is sufficient

Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x00000048

UE4Editor_Kismet!FBlueprintCompilationManager::FlushCompilationQueue() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\editor\kismet\private\blueprintcompilationmanager.cpp:2916]
    UE4Editor_CoreUObject!FLinkerLoad::FinalizeBlueprint() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\blueprint\blueprintsupport.cpp:1746]
    UE4Editor_CoreUObject!FLinkerLoad::Preload() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\linkerload.cpp:3851]
    UE4Editor_CoreUObject!FLinkerLoad::CreateExport() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\linkerload.cpp:4558]
    UE4Editor_CoreUObject!FLinkerLoad::CreateExportAndPreload() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\linkerload.cpp:3216]
    UE4Editor_CoreUObject!FLinkerLoad::LoadAllObjects() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\linkerload.cpp:3380]
    UE4Editor_CoreUObject!LoadPackageInternal() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\uobjectglobals.cpp:1311]
    UE4Editor_CoreUObject!LoadPackage() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\uobjectglobals.cpp:1426]
    UE4Editor_Engine!UEngine::LoadMap() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\unrealengine.cpp:12537]
    UE4Editor_Engine!UEngine::Browse() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\unrealengine.cpp:11975]
    UE4Editor_Engine!UGameInstance::StartGameInstance() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\gameinstance.cpp:534]
    UE4Editor!FEngineLoop::Init() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launchengineloop.cpp:3694]
    UE4Editor!GuardedMain() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launch.cpp:159]
    UE4Editor!GuardedMainWrapper() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:134]
    UE4Editor!WinMain() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:263]
    UE4Editor!__scrt_common_main_seh() [d:\agent\_work\2\s\src\vctools\crt\vcstartup\src\startup\exe_common.inl:288]
    kernel32
    ntdll
    Yep, good ol' FlushCompilationQueue. Wonderful. This was supposed to be fixed with 24.2, but obviously not. I'll look at it and let Epic know.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm not sure if this is actually the whole stack dump, let me know if this info is sufficient

UE4Editor_Kismet!FBlueprintCompilationManager::FlushCompilationQueue() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\editor\kismet\private\blueprintcompilationmanager.cpp:2916]
    UE4Editor_CoreUObject!FLinkerLoad::FinalizeBlueprint() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\blueprint\blueprintsupport.cpp:1746]
    UE4Editor_CoreUObject!FLinkerLoad::Preload() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\linkerload.cpp:3851]
    UE4Editor_CoreUObject!FLinkerLoad::CreateExport() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\linkerload.cpp:4558]
    UE4Editor_CoreUObject!FLinkerLoad::CreateExportAndPreload() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\linkerload.cpp:3216]
    UE4Editor_CoreUObject!FLinkerLoad::LoadAllObjects() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\linkerload.cpp:3380]
    UE4Editor_CoreUObject!LoadPackageInternal() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\uobjectglobals.cpp:1311]
    UE4Editor_CoreUObject!LoadPackage() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\uobjectglobals.cpp:1426]
    UE4Editor_Engine!UEngine::LoadMap() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\unrealengine.cpp:12537]
    UE4Editor_Engine!UEngine::Browse() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\unrealengine.cpp:11975]
    UE4Editor_Engine!UGameInstance::StartGameInstance() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\gameinstance.cpp:534]
    UE4Editor!FEngineLoop::Init() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launchengineloop.cpp:3694]
    UE4Editor!GuardedMain() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launch.cpp:159]
    UE4Editor!GuardedMainWrapper() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:134]
    UE4Editor!WinMain() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:263]
    UE4Editor!__scrt_common_main_seh() [d:\agent\_work\2\s\src\vctools\crt\vcstartup\src\startup\exe_common.inl:288]
    kernel32
    ntdll

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Sure thing, will grab 'm tomorrow evening and post them here

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Side note: building for windows does however work, just not the standalone mode
    Can you download the Engine debug symbols and post the callstack again? There should be an option in the launcher to grab those.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Side note: building for windows does however work, just not the standalone mode

Leave a comment:

• replied
    4.24 Indeed, forgot to mention it Thanks for the reply!

I however just updated the new 4.24.2 release (they merged an hour ago) through the epic launcher, still seems to be crashing when I try standalone mode

Leave a comment:

• replied
    When trying to launch in stand alone mode, able keeps crashing with errors like:

UE4Editor_Kismet
    UE4Editor_CoreUObject
    UE4Editor_CoreUObject
    UE4Editor_CoreUObject
    UE4Editor_CoreUObject
    UE4Editor_CoreUObject
    UE4Editor_CoreUObject
    UE4Editor_CoreUObject
    UE4Editor_Engine
    UE4Editor_Engine
    UE4Editor_Engine
    UE4Editor
    UE4Editor
    UE4Editor
    UE4Editor
    UE4Editor
    kernel32
    ntdll

Even tested it on the simple shooter/ce1 test project from able. No other plugins enabled, play in editor works fine though. Any Idea?
    UE4.24 I assume? There's a bug with blueprints with parents where the parent isn't compiled before the child blueprint, that is set to be fixed with 4.24.2.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    When trying to launch in stand alone mode, able keeps crashing with errors like:

UE4Editor_Kismet
    UE4Editor_CoreUObject
    UE4Editor_CoreUObject
    UE4Editor_CoreUObject
    UE4Editor_CoreUObject
    UE4Editor_CoreUObject
    UE4Editor_CoreUObject
    UE4Editor_CoreUObject
    UE4Editor_Engine
    UE4Editor_Engine
    UE4Editor_Engine
    UE4Editor
    UE4Editor
    UE4Editor
    UE4Editor
    UE4Editor
    kernel32
    ntdll

Even tested it on the simple shooter/ce1 test project from able. No other plugins enabled, play in editor works fine though. Any Idea?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Able v3.24 has been submitted. Notes below.

Spoiler

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by MichaelLiew View Post

Yes, marked as Passive, and only response OnAbilityStackRemoved, I have tracked your source code and found it will never called by logic
    Ah, I see the problem. It's called in a number of places, but the BP version is only called in the SetPassiveStack method. I'll toss that fix in for the next update (hoping to submit it sometime this week).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X