Able Ability System Info and Support Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AngeIV View Post
    ExtraLifeMatt Got a request On damage event - bindable damage TYPE object.
    Should be do-able. I'll add it to the list.
    Able Ability System - A high performance, robust ability system for UE4. Now Available!

Comment

Originally posted by ExtraLifeMatt View Post

Hello, I found that Branch can't branch to self ability(wrong on simulated client), so I can't do continuous dodge, I have tried to modify source code, but it very hard for me, could you help me?

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelLiew View Post

Hello, I found that Branch can't branch to self ability(wrong on simulated client), so I can't do continuous dodge, I have tried to modify source code, but it very hard for me, could you help me?
        Just loop it and check the input in the CanLoopExecute method.
        Able Ability System - A high performance, robust ability system for UE4. Now Available!

Comment

Just loop it and check the input in the CanLoopExecute method.
          Loop not suit for me, cause I want branch at point of end of previous dodge animation, I am doing multiplayer ACT game, so I really need that feature, please fix it, very thanks!

Comment

Is there a way to smooth out the animation blending on combo style abilities? They run very smoothly with standard montage to montage but there seems to be a stutter between animations when I try to do it through Able.

Comment

Originally posted by Ordrik View Post
              Is there a way to smooth out the animation blending on combo style abilities? They run very smoothly with standard montage to montage but there seems to be a stutter between animations when I try to do it through Able.
              You should uncheck PlayAnimation task's "ResetAnimationStateOnEnd" property

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelLiew View Post

Loop not suit for me, cause I want branch at point of end of previous dodge animation, I am doing multiplayer ACT game, so I really need that feature, please fix it, very thanks!
                I think I have a fix for this but it may have to wait for the 4.26 patch. If you want to try a work around, duplicate your dodge (Let's call it Dodge B), and have the original (Let's call it Dodge A) branch to B, and B branch to A. I think the Remote Client isn't seeing any change since you're branching to the same ability. I have a potential fix (where remote clients always make sure they are running what the server expects them to), but again it may have to go in with the 4.26 support patch.

Comment

I think I have a fix for this but it may have to wait for the 4.26 patch. If you want to try a work around, duplicate your dodge (Let's call it Dodge B), and have the original (Let's call it Dodge A) branch to B, and B branch to A. I think the Remote Client isn't seeing any change since you're branching to the same ability. I have a potential fix (where remote clients always make sure they are running what the server expects them to), but again it may have to go in with the 4.26 support patch.
                  That's ok, I will waiting for your 4.26 update

Comment

Hallelujah. Any chance of getting the offsets for targeting/collision queries made bindable, too? That'd be sick.
                    @thereisnoscotty
                    Grand Marshal of the Parade of Madfellows

Comment

Hell froze over.

Comment

Originally posted by AngeIV View Post
                        ExtraLifeMatt The "can client cancel" default value "false" makes "on input" channel to stop working, as breaking the input condition is doing on client-side cancel. IT probably need some extra condition, as debuffs are usually not channelled. Or it should change the default value to true if the ability uses input channel condition.
                        I've tracked my issues with input-based, client-channeled abilities to this. However, I can't find the value "Can Client Cancel". I see there's a function override for it, but toggling the return does nothing to resolve the issue. Oddly enough, testing with a dedicated server causes the abilities to work as intended. When when testing with a listen server, channeled abilities the client activates that use an input condition immediately cancel. The project is primarily co-op and I intend for players to be able to host rather than using dedicated servers; I'm not worried about cheaters. I've tested in a packaged game and the problem persists.

Is there a fix I can do on my end or will I need to wait for an update?

Comment

Originally posted by Its-Alf View Post

I've tracked my issues with input-based, client-channeled abilities to this. However, I can't find the value "Can Client Cancel". I see there's a function override for it, but toggling the return does nothing to resolve the issue. Oddly enough, testing with a dedicated server causes the abilities to work as intended. When when testing with a listen server, channeled abilities the client activates that use an input condition immediately cancel. The project is primarily co-op and I intend for players to be able to host rather than using dedicated servers; I'm not worried about cheaters. I've tested in a packaged game and the problem persists.

Is there a fix I can do on my end or will I need to wait for an update?
                          I'll look into that. Probably just something weird with Listen servers. If you can show an image of your channeling setup that would help.
                          Last edited by ExtraLifeMatt; 10-31-2020, 12:12 PM.

Comment

Hell froze over.

Able is one of the first things I enable too, Matt, and this video is a microcosm of all the reasons why.
                            @thereisnoscotty
                            Grand Marshal of the Parade of Madfellows

Comment

I'll look into that. Probably just something weird with Listen servers. If you can show an image of your channeling setup that would help.

Here's a screenshot of my channeling setup. It's only an input channel, eventually I'll add stamina conditions but that's not hooked up at all. I have a second "sprint" ability set up in this same manor and I'm getting the same result.

It's a looped passive ability with no stack decay:

Click image for larger version

Name:	LoopedPassiveNoStackDecay.PNG
Views:	52
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	1828166

Here is a video showing the erratic behavior. I hooked up strings Ability Start and Ability End. When the client uses the ability, the server seems to cancel it, but occasionally it remains on the client.

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by soctty View Post

Able is one of the first things I enable too, Matt, and this video is a microcosm of all the reasons why.
                                <3
                                Originally posted by Its-Alf View Post

Here's a screenshot of my channeling setup. It's only an input channel, eventually I'll add stamina conditions but that's not hooked up at all. I have a second "sprint" ability set up in this same manor and I'm getting the same result.

It's a looped passive ability with no stack decay:

Click image for larger version

Name:	LoopedPassiveNoStackDecay.PNG
Views:	52
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	1828166

Here is a video showing the erratic behavior. I hooked up strings Ability Start and Ability End. When the client uses the ability, the server seems to cancel it, but occasionally it remains on the client.

Ah that video helps quite a bit! I'll try and repro that locally.

Comment

Working...
                                X