Able Ability System Info and Support Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ExtraLifeMatt View Post
    Hi, Task's DynamicProperty no task name, so I can't distinguish at runtime, "OnGetDynamicPropertyDisabled" for example, how can I do?

Comment

Btw, I want to change PlayAnimation(DynamicMontage) blendin\blendout at runtime, hope you can add this feature, thanks a lot !

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelLiew View Post

Hi, Task's DynamicProperty no task name, so I can't distinguish at runtime, "OnGetDynamicPropertyDisabled" for example, how can I do?
        There is a "Dynamic Property Identifier" on every task. Just add something there and it'll change the method to "OnGetDynamicProperty_Identifier_Disabled".

Btw, I want to change PlayAnimation(DynamicMontage) blendin\blendout at runtime, hope you can add this feature, thanks a lot !
        Sure, I can look into that.
        Able Ability System - A high performance, robust ability system for UE4. Now Available!

Comment

I apologise if this was asked once before.

I have a question about the Spawn Actor task.
          More specifically:
          Can I somehow get a reference to the Spawned actor inside the Ability Blueprint?

Comment

Originally posted by CoolBeardMan View Post
            I apologise if this was asked once before.

I have a question about the Spawn Actor task.
            More specifically:
            Can I somehow get a reference to the Spawned actor inside the Ability Blueprint?
            There is a function to overwrite that is being run right after you spawn the actor and the spawned actor is the entry reference plug. So you can cast / call interface / do stuff with it. (although I don't remember the name of the function without checking but its easy to find, as names are hard to get wrong in ABLE functions)

Comment

As AngelV said, it's "On Spawned Actor"

https://able.extralifestudios.com/wi..._Spawned_Actor
              Able Ability System - A high performance, robust ability system for UE4. Now Available!

Comment

Able v3.46 submitted. Notes below.

Able v3.46

- Fix to Play Rate not showing as bindable on Play Animation Task.

- Added Bindable Blend times for Dynamic Montage (Single Instance Animation / Ability Animation Node use FAlphaBlend which is an engine class that doesn't support Blueprint editting - so they're unable to support runtime changes for the moment).

- Fixed to Overlap Watcher not running it's clear targets call if there were no overlaps detected.

Comment

I have a simple question. I am trying to use behavior trees using the "Play Ability" task, but nothing happens. It just straight up skips it.
                  I added the AblAbility component to my character already, and the ability works in the ability editor.
                  Am I doing something wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by TVwj View Post
                    I have a simple question. I am trying to use behavior trees using the "Play Ability" task, but nothing happens. It just straight up skips it.
                    I added the AblAbility component to my character already, and the ability works in the ability editor.
                    Am I doing something wrong?
                    Nope, that should be all. Check your logs there's probably some reason it's being skipped. In the Able Setttings there is a Verbose option that will tell you any time an Ability was submitted and not played.

Comment

Nope, that should be all. Check your logs there's probably some reason it's being skipped. In the Able Setttings there is a Verbose option that will tell you any time an Ability was submitted and not played.
                      I forgot all about verbose. Thank you! I was able to figure it out.

Comment

There is a "Dynamic Property Identifier" on every task. Just add something there and it'll change the method to "OnGetDynamicProperty_Identifier_Disabled".

Sure, I can look into that.
                        Nice! Thank you very much!

Problem: My one ability is looping, and I found this ability's task's Disable just only check at first loop, but I need to check every loop, in order to Enable/Disable some task at runtime. btw, my ability is activity ability not passive.

Hope you can update as fast as you can, cause I am eager to use. Thanks!
                        Last edited by MichaelLiew; 10-06-2020, 03:41 AM.

Comment

Nice! Thank you very much!

Problem: My one ability is looping, and I found this ability's task's Disable just only check at first loop, but I need to check every loop, in order to Enable/Disable some task at runtime. btw, my ability is activity ability not passive.

Hope you can update as fast as you can, cause I am eager to use. Thanks!
                          I can look at that. It may have to wait till the 4.26 support patch, but we'll see. I already have one update pending so that needs to clear.

Comment

I can look at that. It may have to wait till the 4.26 support patch, but we'll see. I already have one update pending so that needs to clear.
                            It's OK, I used another method, but I will waiting for your patch also.
                            Last edited by MichaelLiew; 10-06-2020, 09:33 PM.

Comment

It's OK, I used another method, but I will waiting for your patch also.
                              Yea, I'll definitely get it with the 4.26 update. If something else pops up, I'll try and get it in sooner.

Comment

ExtraLifeMatt Got a request On damage event - bindable damage TYPE object.

Comment

Working...
                                X