X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by ExtraLifeMatt View Post

Possibly?

What conditions are you looking for? Channeling conditions already automatically cancel an ability when they fail. I could potentially add just a generic "Should Cancel Ability" that the Cancel Ability Task calls and you can overload that in C++ or BP.
    The conditions I was looking for are velocity or other buttons; but not the same as channeling conditions these cant be limited to a specific time frame, the conditionals that I'd want are basically the same as branched.

best way to explain is with an example, lets say we have a combo attack system that has reset frames in the animation to bring the weapon back to a more central position, we wouldnt want to play this part of that animation if another is queued or if the player is moving because it would just make it feel less responsive, so a cancel task set after the 'meat' of the animation and the damage would make sense for this, under the condition that the player is either moving or inputing another combo step. The combo condition is taken care of by the normal branching, but the movement isnt, so we need a real cancel task to handle that with a conditional.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by SteamPunkProgrammer View Post
    I'm a little sad to say that the new 'cancel ability' isnt what I wanted and doesnt really solve anything for me in that respect (cant be used with conditionals to cancel the current ability executing the type); oh well I'll continue to solve it via custom types.

Edit: I suppose could use it by creating an ability, that is just used to cancel other abilities?
    Possibly?

What conditions are you looking for? Channeling conditions already automatically cancel an ability when they fail. I could potentially add just a generic "Should Cancel Ability" that the Cancel Ability Task calls and you can overload that in C++ or BP.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm a little sad to say that the new 'cancel ability' isnt what I wanted and doesnt really solve anything for me in that respect (cant be used with conditionals to cancel the current ability executing the type); oh well I'll continue to solve it via custom types.

Edit: I suppose could use it by creating an ability, that is just used to cancel other abilities and branching into it.
    Last edited by SteamPunkProgrammer; 03-27-2018, 03:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Looks like it was just delayed, got it installed now!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ick, yea, says the update went out. Maybe some weird backend stuff?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by SteamPunkProgrammer View Post
    Seems the update dropped today but I cant install it :| I tell it to install and just nothing happens.
    Yeah here too, looks like it's a nasty launcher bug (today there was an update to v7.7.0). If I correct a hotfix will come soon. I mean, I hope so.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Seems the update dropped today but I cant install it :| I tell it to install and just nothing happens.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Kalleal View Post
    ExtraLifeMatt you should have a discord channel setup where people can show what has been done with ABLE and support. Anyways love this plugin really helping me as a solo dev on giant projects thank you so much you work is great and can't believe how good this really is thank you for your time and effort Matt.
    Thanks for the kind words.

I haven't tried out discord yet. I know some people love them. I'll look into it. It would be good for the community.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ExtraLifeMatt you should have a discord channel setup where people can show what has been done with ABLE and support. Anyways love this plugin really helping me as a solo dev on giant projects thank you so much you work is great and can't believe how good this really is thank you for your time and effort Matt.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by acxsasx View Post
    Is there information anywhere that compares this plugin with Epic's GameplayAbilities?
    Not really. I wrote Able because I found issues with the way GameplayAbilities was setup (it was very much tied to how Paragon was using it). I also never got their Gameplay Abilities Editor to work and the instructions / documentation were pretty lacking (granted this was wayyy back in 4.09-ish, so it may be much better today).

So rather than try to force that square peg into a round hole, I just wrote my own based on tools I used in the Industry and some of the lessons learned during that time. I'd love to see someone who has used both to give an in depth comparison / feedback.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X